Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those of you who remember Hee Haw....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 4,118

For those of you who remember Hee Haw....

Nov 18, 2020, 4:08 PM

..... here is the FSU fight song for this week:

Gloom, despair and agony on me.
Deep dark depression, excessive misery.
If it werent' for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.
Gloom, despair and agony on me.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30342551/fsu-seminoles-start-qb-jordan-travis-vs-clemson-chubba-purdy-season-ending-surgery

Purdy, true frosh, started at QB last week because Jordan Travis was so injured he couldn't even make the trip.

Travis is practicing this week, but it is doubtful he is 100%. The only other QB on the roster is true frosh Tate Rodemaker who has played but not played well. (James Blackman told the coaches he was entering the graduate transfer program - he graduates next month - and is no longer on the team.)

Look for FSU to:
1. Do all they can to protect Travis. He is most effective when he is running the zone read. He is our leading rusher for the year. His passing is good only because he is such a threat running the ball. He is athletic enough he makes plays with his legs when the play breaks down. Look for play calling to minimize him running the ball on designed runs or on zone reads.
2. Look for a lot of Wildcat formation. We have a RB who is pretty good at that. But, you can't make it a regular part of the offense.

Look for Clemson to:
1. Stuff the run.
2. Set the edge.
3. Meet at the QB.

That easier to do when you are rushing 6 or 7 on every play. And, even easier when you are going up against four freshmen OL.

Last I saw the spread was 32.5. I expect it to quickly go over 35.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those of you who remember Hee Haw....

Nov 18, 2020, 4:12 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Likely gonna be a long day for the Noles Saturday

Nov 18, 2020, 4:29 PM

I hope that prof in the stands from the 2018 game brings some new books with him. Maybe you all could set up one of those free libraries inside the stadium so people can read rather than watch the Clemson scrimmage on the field.

Re: Likely gonna be a long day for the Noles Saturday

Nov 18, 2020, 4:36 PM

It is my understanding that FSU will handout paperback copies of Crime and Punishment to everyone entering the stadium. Or maybe it is War and Peace, I'm not sure.

Nov 18, 2020, 5:29 PM

I suggest "Dune".

Nov 18, 2020, 6:28 PM

How bout Killing Crazy Horse?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I lived in Tallahassee for about a dozen years

Nov 18, 2020, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Likely gonna be a long day for the Noles Saturday ]

several years ago. Was there for many beatdowns at the hands of FSU, including the 57-0 trouncing. Went to every Clemson-FSU game - football, basketball, etc. We got our tails handed to us almost every time. While I would like to see the games and our wins be more competitive and meaningful, it sure is nice to see the humbling of the Seminoles after living there during their peak years. It was actually after a Clemson-FSU game that a fellow Clemson fan told me about Tigernet way back.

For the most part, most FSU fans I met were very nice people. I still have several friends there. Oddly, they don't comment or talk much about football anymore.... ;)

Nov 18, 2020, 5:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

WHOOOOO-OOOOAAAA-AAAAAA!!!!!!!***

Nov 18, 2020, 5:17 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2020, 5:14 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAAKPJEq1Ew

Corbin running the wildcat looked pretty darn

Nov 18, 2020, 5:24 PM

Good the other day. The guy is finally healthy and I think they converted on short yardage situations every time they ran it, even scoring out of it. He will be a challenge to stop.

Those were the days...***

Nov 18, 2020, 5:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2020, 10:18 PM

Always enjoyed Junior Samples BR549 skits......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl6F12DWI7o

BR-549 was a pretty good band, too...

Nov 18, 2020, 10:51 PM

https://youtu.be/CZBiwLrK7Cw

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 4,118
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic