Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As I've said, most of this healthcare stuff is above my head
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 430

As I've said, most of this healthcare stuff is above my head

Mar 24, 2017, 12:20 PM

But it's constantly being framed as the conservatives Republicans being against it. I don't consider myself a Republican, but I do consider myself very conservative. So the fact that the conservatives are the ones that don't like it makes me comfortable with it not passing.

If it were the other way around, and there were holdouts by the "moderate" Republicans, then I'd probably be more comfortable with it passing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Liberals don't like it either.

Mar 24, 2017, 12:28 PM

So if you usually like things liberals dislike, then you should like this bill. But that would mean liking something that conservatives dislike and you usually like what conservatives like, so you're kinda in a box here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Liberals don't like it either.

Mar 24, 2017, 12:30 PM

You fell right into that one.

Mar 24, 2017, 12:57 PM

Not knowing what's in the bill makes it impossible to address an opinion. Our government makes good war when winning without reservations is the guide. Past that nothing DC does suits me completely.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's why I used soft language like

Mar 24, 2017, 1:07 PM

"would be comfortable with it not passing"

as opposed to "I'm gonna call my Congressman and march Washington against the bill".

Mar 24, 2017, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Liberals don't like it either. ]

just so they quit TAXING ME TO GIVE TO DEADBEATS!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2017, 12:43 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Mar 24, 2017, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Liberals don't like it either. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the liberals dislike it

Mar 24, 2017, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Liberals don't like it either. ]

because the "conservatives" created it. I believe that this will be an ongoing theme for the years to come

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

There are both moderate and conservative holdouts

Mar 24, 2017, 12:59 PM

Generally, though, I don't think the conservatives are really being all that conservative in holding out. The Medicaid reforms ought to make them happy, and they need to realize that there's nothing that can be done right away to bring premiums down enough so that everybody in the individual insurance market can afford insurance without some kind of help from the government. At least doing it with refundable tax credits and getting rid of ACA regulations of what insurance products can be offered gives consumers more control over what they can buy.

Really, this is more of a internecine fight between reform minded conservatives who think we can't just repeal ACA and not replace it with anything right away because so many people would lose their coverage, and libertarian conservatives who think the most important thing is just to repeal ACA. Moderates probably aren't going to be totally happy with a bill that doesn't cover as many people right away as ACA would, and liberals aren't going to be happy with anything that doesn't guarantee coverage to everybody.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 430
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic