Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lets talk Mark May for a second...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 3,878

Lets talk Mark May for a second...

Nov 11, 2015, 9:32 AM

I guess I am wasting my time because you cant fix stupid and you cant argue with it either, but he's just gone a little too far this past weekend/week...

For him to say a few of the things he's said including that if Clemson and Alabama played it wouldnt even be close and he'd take Alabama EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Some of his logic...
He states that Alabama is the best team in the country because their loss to Ole Miss (which was at home) was a 'fluke' and they had 5 turnovers and the ball bounced the wrong way and bladee dadee dah...
Yet, in the same notion, he says clemsons big wins (ND and FSU) basically should have an asterisk beside them because they were at home with both teams playing their back up qb's...

makes me think we would be better off if we lost one of those games so we could have a 'fluke' loss at home instead of 2 wins with asterisks beside them.

is this guy just mad because Pitt cant even win the coastal? whats his deal?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do watch when he is on TV?

Nov 11, 2015, 9:35 AM

When someone I don't like is on TV, I change the channel. As such, I have not heard a single Mark May opinion in several years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lets talk Mark May for a second...

Nov 11, 2015, 9:37 AM

I think so people are right when they say he might be scripted. Because no one in their right mind would really think that unless u r just reaching .

you could be on to something...

Nov 11, 2015, 9:39 AM

also his argument saturday night was rather comical when he dismissed alabamas loss but said that Oklahoma couldnt be in the discussion because they loss to texas.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2015, 9:38 AM

He is an idiot, this is the Tigers year .
The tough part is over they won't lose now.
That includes the 2 playoff games.
15-0

I don't even bother listening to him any more....

Nov 11, 2015, 9:39 AM

It's like listening to $CU fans. You can only tolerate so much deluded ignorant rhetoric.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

The FSU backup QB thing is laughable

Nov 11, 2015, 9:40 AM

Dude, he chose to play the QB he chose to play. That wasn't a situation of "Oh, our star QB is injured so we're left with this other guy." Last year's FSU game may fall under that category, but this one certainly didn't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agree completely...

Nov 11, 2015, 10:57 AM

McGuire was the starter since Jimbo chose him over Golson and even Kizer wasn't as much a backup as the word typically suggests. He was a highly recruited QB who had played some and was just basically starting his first game on the road in a tough environment. He had played in every game prior to ours and even fueled a last minute comeback on the road against UVA.

May's shtick is to be a self-righteous guy and it works. But I wish someone would challenge the backup qb argument with some actual facts.

Bama may very well be a better team than us but its laughable to say we have no shot like we are Vanderbilt. Someone should mention to him how it was possible that a below .500 UT had a shot to win the game on the final drive in Tuscaloosa.

Mark May was assigned this role by the pro-coot execs

Nov 11, 2015, 9:42 AM

at EsucPN. Pay no attention to that sniveling dude behind the glasses...

Ole miss beat bama @ bama with our ex backup QB....

Nov 11, 2015, 9:50 AM

so there's that

Still infected with Louitis***

Nov 11, 2015, 9:51 AM

I hate when talking heads make up excuses for loses ...***

Nov 11, 2015, 9:59 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2015, 10:00 AM

His checks are signed by Mr. E.S. Pin , so know that he couldn't say otherwise without fear of reprisal.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 11, 2015, 10:10 AM

To prove all of these idiots wrong, we just have to win. Plain and simple. Just win. F*^&%^ 'em all!!!

I can't stand that guy and the way.......

Nov 11, 2015, 10:43 AM

he can't ever be objective as far as we're concerned - always has something negative to say. I tune him out now when he's on.

Nov 11, 2015, 10:59 AM

I think he just gets told to make bizarre comments to argue with people for entertainment.

Nov 11, 2015, 11:03 AM

Mark May hates Clemson with a passion, you can see the disdain in hus eyes.....fluck him

I give him more credit than most

Nov 11, 2015, 11:12 AM

because I can remember 2008 when everybody was praising Clemson in the preseason and he was SCREAMING to everyone who would listen that we weren't going to be very good because we had no OLine. The Clemson faithful, myself included, brushed him off and called him all sorts of horrible things, but in that particular instance, he was right and we were wrong.

That said, I think he's wrong this time around. Alabama would give us a very good game and may have the best college front 7 I've ever seen, but on offense they have a weak pass-blocking line, a terrible QB, and a vastly overrated RB.

On offense I think we'd spread those big 3-4 LBs out and challenge them in space enough to outpace the lumbering behemoth that is the Bama offense.

He's got a big ol' head for sure! He went to Pitt

Nov 12, 2015, 12:30 AM

then played in the NFL. Now he gets paid to say he believes BAMA is the best team in the country. Usually he defends the SEC, but what can you really say? It's terrible! Especially the East! Plus he had to fill Lou's role as the resident Clemson hater.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2015, 1:19 AM

Someone has to play the fool, that used to be Trev Alberts job. Trev got tired of not being able to give his actual opinion, so he quit. It is eSECpn view that it would be boring to have 4 host all with the same view. They choose to point counter point.

Nov 12, 2015, 6:21 AM

A backup from ND that has balled out. Kizer is a #### good qb. If Clemson didn't have Watson I'd love kizer. His stats 66% completion 1931yds and 16TDs. Rushing for 308 yds(that takes out sack yardage) and 6 TDs.

Mark May has always seemed to hate Clemson and is usually wrong when talking about Clemson BC he is blinded by his hate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

He's mad for being born - ala Doc Holiday.*****

Nov 12, 2015, 6:30 AM

His plantlike brain is not being properly watered anymore,

Nov 12, 2015, 7:04 AM

since Loose Boltz is not around to spray him daily. Photosynthesis is his friend!

Siriusly, I think he has been designated as the "stupid talking point" guy on that particular show. Every ESPN show has to have at least one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 3,878
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic