Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's play ... "Ugliest Stat from last night" ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Let's play ... "Ugliest Stat from last night" ...

Jan 2, 2018, 3:38 PM

Mine would be that Dexter Lawrence and Tremayne Anchrum had the same number of tackles ... 1 each.

Perhaps too many doughnuts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

24-6 - Final Score***

Jan 2, 2018, 3:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Correct

Jan 2, 2018, 4:00 PM

The only stat that matters.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 turnovers - 14 points

Jan 2, 2018, 3:44 PM

we might not have ever scored but we played well enough to lose 10-6
and in a 10-6 game 1 lucky play could win it

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In 13 seconds. Game over.***

Jan 2, 2018, 3:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

yep***

Jan 2, 2018, 3:47 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In 13 seconds. Game over.***

Jan 2, 2018, 6:01 PM [ in reply to In 13 seconds. Game over.*** ]

Yep..... Bama's defense won the game or offense lost it.......take your pick....BUT our defense did their part and played well enough for us to win it......Go Tigers!!!!

you Need to go back and watch it again

Jan 2, 2018, 4:44 PM [ in reply to 2 turnovers - 14 points ]

We were manhandled for four quarters

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe you need to watch it again, down 10-6 and Clemson is driving

Jan 2, 2018, 5:15 PM

and the interception which was huge momentum swing. Clemson was about to hit stride and wham, the interception from the Dlineman and from there it was trouble. D played very well but could not get any help from a sustained drive by the offense.

We did get beat soundly for much of the game, but honestly if the interception does not happen who knows what could have happened. Ifs do not matter but to say we had no shot, watch the game again please. That spark was put on ice quickly in 3rd quarter but Tigers has great year. I am proud of this team, just came up short against Alabama.

Go Tigers!

Re: maybe you need to watch it again, down 10-6 and Clemson is driving

Jan 2, 2018, 6:21 PM

Yep we were about to take over ImO. Crazy how momentum changes a college football game. They made the play though I give them tons of credit. We weatherd the storm and were right where we needed to be and bam that play happens. It sucks but hey we will get em next year if they make it back.

only the oline was dominated, Defense played good and only gave up...

Jan 2, 2018, 5:29 PM [ in reply to you Need to go back and watch it again ]

17 points. Oline blocks good last night, we win

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sugar Bowl victories by the Gamecocks...1***

Jan 2, 2018, 3:45 PM

Number of Coot appearances in CFP/BCS games ... 0***

Jan 2, 2018, 4:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Number of Coot appearances in CFP/BCS games ... 0***

Jan 2, 2018, 5:13 PM

Why does anything having to do with SC matter? They're literally a pebble in the road right now. Too much focus on this board is placed on what SC is doing when Clemson is challenging for a national title year in and year out, and SC was lucky to finish 2nd in the worst division among Power 5 conferences. I know that you want to respond to the ones giving you crap about them winning and Clemson losing yesterday, but any response is just giving them what they want and making them think that they're more than a blip on Clemson's radar these days. The only response necessary is the fact that they played a cupcake schedule on the way to a mediocre bowl and managed to beat a sorry Michigan team with a 3-QB combined season rating of 110 that comitted 5 turnovers, and Clemson was back in the playoff after losing basically every skill position starter on their offense.

It's just like the constant SEC chirping from them. I was watching the bowl games at my girlfriend's dad's house yesterday, and her brother is an SC fan who was flipping around pulling for all the SEC teams and mocking me for the ACCs relative lack of success in bowls after a season of "ACC is up and coming/SEC is down" talk from some analysts. I told him that I have 0 interest in what the other ACC teams do because Clemson can make the playoffs on their own, and he didn't have a comeback.

Re: Let's play ... "Ugliest Stat from last night" ...

Jan 2, 2018, 3:55 PM

1.9 yards per carry would be mine for sure.

Jan 2, 2018, 4:11 PM

Alabama's longest drive: 47 yards
Alabama's 2 TD drives, average 31.5 yards
Penalties on Alabama: 2 for 10 yards, both on offense
Clemson had 6 drives where the result was worse than what they lost a yard taking a knee to end the 1st half.

did you notice the game plan of Bama

Jan 2, 2018, 4:34 PM

the first half I didn't see them run up the middle once. everything was pitch, option, short RB pass outside the tackles.

They ran away from Wilkins and Lawrence all night.

Bullcrap!

Jan 2, 2018, 4:59 PM

If Lawrence is half the player we need him to be, then he would've been making tackles on the edge all night. Some of you guys know nothing about football!

....Am I doing it right?

Yep. They have smart offensive coaches.***

Jan 2, 2018, 5:38 PM [ in reply to did you notice the game plan of Bama ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2018, 4:46 PM

Bama forced more turnovers than Clemson had TDs.

2 turnovers versus 0 TDs

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Average distance on third down.***

Jan 2, 2018, 5:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bingo***

Jan 2, 2018, 5:26 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

A great indicator of poor playcalling.***

Jan 2, 2018, 5:27 PM

Spence has got to go***

Jan 2, 2018, 5:29 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

I know, right***

Jan 2, 2018, 5:37 PM

Jan 2, 2018, 5:36 PM

We held Bama to 0 rushing TDs

and lost.

Jan 2, 2018, 5:58 PM

2 Ints resulting in 14 points for Bama......was the difference in this game......without those Ints the score could have been 10 - 6 and would have made it very interesting .......no way to overcome that with offense (or lack thereof) we had out there last night.....Go Tigers!!!!!

Jan 2, 2018, 6:00 PM

Bama's defense outscored our offense

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic