Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's not forget about Zerrick Cooper...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Let's not forget about Zerrick Cooper...

Jan 9, 2018, 4:06 PM

...seems to be common place for discussions of t.lawrence and h.johnson but no love for z.coop. This kid had some juice. Imho, he has yet to receive the opportunity to prove himself as well. The Syracuse game shouldn't be a barometer for his future success. This guy has the arm talent to do major damage .Seems like our receivers have dropped more of his passes than any other qb on our roster this season. Hopefully everyone, including t.isreal gets a fair shot at #2 behind k.bryant this spring. Go tigers!

Message was edited by: grandking84

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm afraid, though, that he's just going to get caught......

Jan 9, 2018, 4:09 PM

in the clutter because of the other QBs.

Re: I'm afraid, though, that he's just going to get caught......

Jan 9, 2018, 4:12 PM

Just let them all compete. May the best person get the nod.

Re: I'm afraid, though, that he's just going to get caught......

Jan 9, 2018, 4:14 PM [ in reply to I'm afraid, though, that he's just going to get caught...... ]

I can understand that...i would hate to just waste his talent assuming projections from tl and hj.

Is it okay to forget about Chase Brice and Tucker Israel?***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Is it okay to forget about Chase Brice and Tucker Israel?***

Jan 9, 2018, 4:17 PM

I mentioned t.isreal and c.brice

Don't think it matters

Jan 9, 2018, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Is it okay to forget about Chase Brice and Tucker Israel?*** ]

no way we enter fall camp with 6 QB's. They'll all compete in the spring then they'll be a couple transfers after things shake out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2018, 5:58 PM [ in reply to Is it okay to forget about Chase Brice and Tucker Israel?*** ]

Yes, white males are fair game

Jan 9, 2018, 5:58 PM [ in reply to Is it okay to forget about Chase Brice and Tucker Israel?*** ]

Yes, white males are fair game

Re: Let's not forget about Zerrick Cooper...

When coop was in he either over shot the WR by 10yards or under threw them by 10 yards. I was big on the coop wagon last summer and fall. He never looked good this yr IMO. Someone isn't gonna be on the roster come spring btw him and HJ.

Allegedly he's really good in practice though.***

Jan 9, 2018, 4:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 9, 2018, 4:13 PM

Why would the Syracuse game not count? They gave him reps in practice so it's not like he had ZERO prep time.

I like the kid and even thought after the spring game that he was our best option to win between the 3. I said that the offense seemed to look more like Clemson with him in the spring.

However, he had live bullets and was WAY OFF.

Jan 9, 2018, 4:16 PM

Receivers dropping passes aside (as that's a common denominator for all our QBs), some of ZC's passes weren't even close in game. I keep hearing about his arm talent by what does that mean?

I don't care if he looks like a Joe Montana in practice, it isn't translating in real time.

Jan 9, 2018, 4:20 PM

Let's not forget about some inaccurate passes from Kelly B. Just saying the Syracuse game was not fair to judge Z.coop being thrown into a gauntlet of inconsistent play throughout the whole team that day. Some fans just seem to write him off as if he has no shot...

Jan 9, 2018, 4:27 PM

I hope he develops into the next Aaron Rodgers...but being passed on the depth chart to 3rd string isn't indicative of that. Sure KB has some bad passes and poor reads, but there's another element to his game that hasn't been seen with ZC. KB has wheels.

Jan 9, 2018, 4:52 PM

ZC has looked like a less accurate, less mobile version of KB. That doesn't bode well for him ever being a starter. I was thinking he was going to be the answer at QB this season but from everything we've seen he hasn't shown a glimmer of hope. HJ has shown some hope but we haven't seen him with valuable game time with the 1st team.

it wasn't just Syracuse. I seem to recall him blowing a

Jan 9, 2018, 6:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's not forget about Zerrick Cooper... ]

touchdown throw in another game when his pass came out like a dead fish.

Jan 9, 2018, 5:52 PM

Is Zimmerman coming back?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2018, 5:54 PM

Troll alert

Clemson coaches have forgotten Zerrick Cooper...

Jan 9, 2018, 5:58 PM

Hope he has a bright future when and if he transfers ... that holds true for all talented Clemson backups who decide to transfer to play the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the Syracuse game should not count...

Jan 9, 2018, 6:16 PM

then what should? If you cannot come in and perform in that game what sane fan would believe he could have done better in the Bama game?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic