Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's just address the elephant in the room:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Let's just address the elephant in the room:

Nov 5, 2017, 7:49 AM

Not sure any reporter/writer has the gullions to ask it, as our media is way too soft. Need a little NY in us.

But why on the critical series to finish them off when all we needed was one first down, did we not trust our "stable" of running backs enough to hand them the ball, or even make a small possession 5 and out pass to sticky-handed Renfro. Instead, KB carried the ball 3 times up the middle.

Discuss solutions, trust issues with the backs, brain blockages on the coaches, whatever.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well he did get 7 yards on the first carey

Nov 5, 2017, 7:51 AM

Thinking the coaches thought he would get the last three with two tries.

Re: Let's just address the elephant in the room:

Nov 5, 2017, 7:55 AM

Why haven’t we seen sweeps this year? Attacking the edges with rbs?

Why don’t we throw to TE over middle? Why don’t we use the middle of field period?

Slants?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

We don't run outside and don't throw many screens anymore

Nov 5, 2017, 7:59 AM

because our WRs can't block this year.

We've never thrown over the middle alot, even with Watson. Wish we would do it a little more but I guess the staff has some philosophy against it.

I usually don't second-guess the staff, but I was surprised

Nov 5, 2017, 7:57 AM

with those calls.

My initial thoughts were that they wanted to protect the ball from any handoff, as well as thinking that KB could probably get the first down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think we didn't want to chance a fumble and they

Nov 5, 2017, 7:59 AM

Thought KB could make it with 2 tries.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed.***

Nov 5, 2017, 8:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 7:58 AM

Yeah. I was thinking "I know what's coming, and if I know, so does everyone else."

Nov 5, 2017, 8:08 AM

It's called RPO, run, pass option. Quarterback has option of handing off to running back,keeping himself or passing the ball. In this case i think they removed the pass option to keep the clock running. You don't want to run a sweep where the back might go out of bounds stopping the clock. This is classic strategy at the end of the game. If we had gotten the first down nobody would have been questioning the play calls. Instead it would have been how KB was (and is) the best option at the end of the game.

Because if you take out Fesster's 89 yard run

Nov 5, 2017, 8:04 AM

our RB's averaged about three yards a carry. Running KB gives you an extra blocker

Re: Because if you take out Fesster's 89 yard run

Nov 5, 2017, 8:06 AM

Not when he's the only guy in the backfield and everyone else is spread out .

Nov 5, 2017, 8:13 AM

I don’t get it at all. It was 2 and 2. They had two shots to get two yards and it’s game over. The last two play calls were absolutely awful. Think about it, if they were scared of a fumble during the exchange, what about the punt snap? There more risk in that for sure. Weird.

Nov 5, 2017, 8:26 AM

We play not to lose. It starts with the coaches and filters down to the players. We become afraid of snaps, exchanges, out of bounds, fumbles, and every other what if. That is not championship mentality.

Its not really an elephant imho

Nov 5, 2017, 8:22 AM

But if you insist it being such, then its a little one. And very cute. Could it be dangerous? In the right situation. But so cute.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 8:24 AM

Exactly, and everyone knew KB was going to keep the ball. Looked to me KB was running in slow motion. Too much talent on this team to not utilize, if you are worried about fumbling that is a coaching issue to correct before the game.

Nov 5, 2017, 8:37 AM

and I thought you were going to ask about KB seemingly throwing every ball 10 ft over receivers heads and underthrowing every deep ball...

I didn't like the last series either, especially after 2nd and 3, but give them a pass because I think Dabo's call on 4th and 5 refusing to send Spence out and going to Renfrow was maybe the biggest play in the game. A great decision

Because the Answer To That Question Is So Obvious

Nov 5, 2017, 9:09 AM

the Clemson beat reporters don't want to insult anyone's intelligence by asking said question.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic