Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let the Coots live it up now...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Let the Coots live it up now...

Dec 1, 2013, 5:17 AM

...because it's gonna get ugly the next few years. This is the best SC team they've had in a while and it still took us shooting ourselves in the foot for them to win.

They'll lose Shaw, Clowney, Quarles and Legree after this year which will leave them a shell of what this team was. It's entirely possible they could be sub .500 next year, while we'll still be firing on all cylinders. So rejoice Tiger fans, the end is near for SC and there is no telling when/if they'll be back to the level they are now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They won't. The caliber of players coming

Dec 1, 2013, 5:37 AM

is not even close to what they have now.

I've been saying this over and over...this is the best Scar team ever in their history. What's funny is that they have the longest home win streak, yet have nothing to show for it. Not even a division title. So glad they're not in the SECCG. They had a great shot at winning it this year.

Sucks to wait one more year...but Scar has reached the pinnacle, With the way recruiting is going, they'll slide down below UGA, Florida, Tennessee, Missouri and will be battling for 5th place with Vanderbilt. Even Kentucky has a strong recruiting class coming in.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: They won't. The caliber of players coming

Oct 12, 2014, 7:51 PM

You sound a little immature and a lot like sour grapes. Guess you haven't noticed the thud at the end of the past 5 seasons.

we ended against lsu last year. what thud did you hear ?

Dec 3, 2013, 8:13 AM

look it up.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2013, 9:02 AM [ in reply to They won't. The caliber of players coming ]

No disrespect, but we will be strong next year. Offensive line back, three very good quarterbacks led by Dylan, Ellington, Roland, Cooper at receiver,, Davis, Wilds and Williams at running back...offense will be even better.

No question losing Clowney, Sutton and Quarrels will hurt, but we have a lot of depth at tackle. Linebackers will go from a weakness to a strength with the freshman having a full year under their belts. Need to replace Hampton, but there is a load of talent among our DBs. If you think we have "reached the pinnacle" and are on the decline, you will be disappointed.

Good game last night, your defensive line and linebackers played very physical, McDowell was the best back on the field last night, but the pressure on Boyd was too much. Nobody wins with that many turnovers.

wrong, trucker. y'alls jr. laden defense, with a large #

Dec 1, 2013, 10:36 AM

declaring for the draft, spells doom. however, you are spot on about the t.o.'s, no visiting team will win when turning it over 6 times against a top 10 team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wrong, trucker. y'alls jr. laden defense, with a large #

Dec 1, 2013, 11:03 AM

Junior laden? We have 16 scholarship juniors and four scholarship seniors. If we lose Clowney, Quarles, Hampton and one other (last not a given...) that takes out 9 at most. We have more sophomores (21) than we have Juniors and Seniors combined. Then you add in the 36 Freshman (most of whom redshirted or are redshirts) and it adds up to the youngest team in the country. Period.

This is not the end... it only gets worse for you guys from here...

Dec 1, 2013, 10:53 AM [ in reply to They won't. The caliber of players coming ]

this is just factually incorrect. They've had their best 3 recruiting years in a row, the three previous seasons, and this year's ranking is only down because they return so many players that they don't have that many scholarships to give. The average level of the guys they're bringing in as actually better than what they have been bringing in, but they can only sign about 13-15 players.

Dec 1, 2013, 11:25 AM [ in reply to They won't. The caliber of players coming ]

Heard this in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.....

Re: Let the Coots live it up now...

Dec 1, 2013, 5:38 AM

This is the 4th year in a row I've heard this excuse, but wasn't this the best QB in Clemson's history? Didn't he break all kinds of records? Wasn't he a Heisman candidate? Didn't you drink all the Kool-Aid like Dabo told you? So why do you still have to wait to see results? Aren't you losing your top offensive weapons? Won't those pay increases produce results on both sides of the ball next year? Maybe we should throw them a few more hundred thousand, because that's worked in the past. You guys should rejoice, there's a new "All-In" poster to sign in the spring!!!!! I have to give it to you Clemson fans, you can take a beating year after year and convince yourselves a few hours later that next year will be different. Didn't you look in Dabo's eyes tonight? Even he doesn't believe it anymore, but hey, you'll have a BBQ in the spring, so that means you're good, right?

Even with all the records, Clemson was still an underdog.

Dec 1, 2013, 5:41 AM

So it's obvious Scar has had the better team.

Appreciate Tajh, hope he makes it to the NFL but I'm glad a new qb is coming in. Chad Kelly and Deshaun Watson are much more athletic than Tajh. I think they will be mentally tougher as well.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Dec 1, 2013, 7:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Let the Coots live it up now... ]

I heard coots for years say "wait till next year"

Yeah, wait til next year .........

Dec 1, 2013, 11:06 AM

The same thing said the last 4 years.

"Just wait until the coots lose ________. This is their greatest team ever."

I keep hearing that, but I keep seeing the same ####.

And we lose Boyd and Watkins, two of our best players ever. How's it going to get better? I can't wait to hang up and listen to this BS

Dec 1, 2013, 5:53 AM

You must be joking! They are in our heads now, for sure. They only lose like 5 seniors, plus probably Clowney, Hampton and Quarles. But they will have a good team again next year. Under .500? What are you smoking? Cause I want some!

Who do we have to replace Sammy? Hot Rod? Thomas? Tajh? Okay, he played horrible against FSU and the coots, but his replacement at the present time is Stoudt. Is that any better? Possibly Beasley? Do you really expect us to have a better team next year? I don't.

Our QB will be better. Chad Kelly, Deshaun Watson

Dec 1, 2013, 6:02 AM

were higher prospects and are much more athletic. Chad Kelly has better legs than Conner Shaw and throws the ball better than Shaw. Very excited about him and Watson.

Running back we'll be better. We have a stable coming in and couple of freshmen who are 4 star players.

Losing Sammy hurts but most of our WRs are 4 star or better. Mike Williams is going to be a stud.

Isaaih Battle will be our new left tackle. We lose only one O-lineman. Easy to replace. Our Dline will be stout. We have Pagano, Ebo coming in. Boulware at middle linebacker hopefully Raekwon McMillan next to him.

We're going to be good next year. No doubt about it.

forgot to add Mackensie Alexander is a shut down corner

Dec 1, 2013, 6:08 AM

Something I've never seen at Clemson. He alone will make a huge difference to our secondary

Re: Our QB will be better. Chad Kelly, Deshaun Watson

Dec 1, 2013, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Our QB will be better. Chad Kelly, Deshaun Watson ]

Yeah, like the last five years. Same ######, now we "wait til next year."

Dec 1, 2013, 6:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Let the Coots live it up now... ]

This was all said after last year...last year was the best team they had and then this collapse on our side...we jjust looked like we were in a fog...our guys just don't get the rivalry and history...we have to play with more physicality...and no turnovers...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2013, 6:14 AM

Wait until next year! (where have I heard that before )

Dec 1, 2013, 6:19 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention this. Don't you remember Dylan Thompson, THEIR SECOND TEAM QB, beating us in DV last year? Thumping us like the red headed step child that we were? You must be drinking a double helping of Dabo's Kool Aid.

Unless Kelly or Watson come in at QB and are other wordly, no way our team is better in 2014. And even if they are other worldly, is there a possibility that they will also be chokers in big games like our ACC Player of the Year was against FSU and the coots? I'll have to admit that there is little chance that they choke as bad as Tajh did in big games but I'm just sayin'.

We better hope that these players are as good or better than the guys that they are replacing. Battle [Thomas], Dye/Gallman [Hot Rod], Lawson [Beasley], Kelly/Watson [Tajh]. And who plays RT if Battle moves to LT? Whiff Timothy? Shaq Anthony? I think not. So there is not presently a replacement there on an already weak OL.

Don't forget that Shatley is gone too. Not that great, but if somebody on the team is better, don't you think they would already have been there? Tyrone Crowder is a possibility, but he will be a freshman. A redshirt freshman, but still a freshman. OL is not a good place for a freshman to be playing. Spencer Region has the mentality, but unfortunately also has a huge gut. Methinks OL could possibly be a weak link again in 2014. Hopefully not, but maybe.

So, all in all, 2014 ain't looking that great at the present.

65-42-4...

Dec 1, 2013, 6:26 AM

16-9 in the past 25 years. It's inevitable Coot, that's why we keep saying it.

Re: 65-42-4...

Dec 1, 2013, 8:21 AM

Yeah, but looked better to tiger fans everywhere when it was 65-37-2. Dabo's grandkids might just see the unthinkable at this rate.

Dec 1, 2013, 8:36 AM

Doubtful. We're on track to be an elite team the next 5 years at the very least. SC is on track to be at the bottom of the SEC East. I'd bet we'll get to 70 wins before they even sniff 45.

Dec 3, 2013, 8:18 AM

I'll take that bet.

We'll be better next year no doubt...

Dec 1, 2013, 6:33 AM

Upgrading or staying the same at almost every position.

So will SC - much better ***

Dec 1, 2013, 7:52 AM

nm

Is this really what we have become?

Dec 1, 2013, 6:46 AM

Say it ain't so.

Become what? I don't let football ruin my life.

Dec 1, 2013, 6:50 AM

And it's pretty easy to see that Scar has been better the last five years.

But that all changes. If we lose next year I'll be first in line on the fire Dabo train

Re: Become what? I don't let football ruin my life.

Dec 1, 2013, 8:22 AM

You better clear the track and warm the engine up then!

Re: Become what? I don't let football ruin my life.

Dec 1, 2013, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Become what? I don't let football ruin my life. ]

Looks like youi already have. You want to fire a 10-2 coach? Who would want to coach here with a fan base like that?

Someone wanting to make $2+million a year?***

Dec 3, 2013, 8:16 AM

Dec 1, 2013, 8:13 AM

We will find a way to loose again.

Dec 1, 2013, 8:14 AM

> ...because it's gonna get ugly the next few years.
> This is the best SC team they've had in a while and
> it still took us shooting ourselves in the foot for
> them to win.
>
> They'll lose Shaw, Clowney, Quarles and Legree after
> this year which will leave them a shell of what this
> team was. It's entirely possible they could be sub
> .500 next year, while we'll still be firing on all
> cylinders. So rejoice Tiger fans, the end is near for
> SC and there is no telling when/if they'll be back to
> the level they are now.

This crap has been said for the past five years. There must be a better rant.

I can look at recruiting rankings and see your point

Dec 1, 2013, 9:11 AM

About a SCAR decline, but SCAR was the youngest team in the country and went 10-2 and got another double digit win.....that's where your comment confuses me.

This is just absurd

Dec 1, 2013, 10:30 AM

South Carolina loses between 5-7 players TOTAL. They return 4 offensive linemen, only losing the weakest link. They return all of their backs and wide recievers and tight ends, they return all their linebackers, 4 guys that played regularly on OL and both safeties.

Sure, there are a few huge losses, in Clowney, Shaw, Quarles (probably) and Vic Hampton (maybe), but they're deep at both QB and DL. They are returning a QB who has already beat Clemson in Death Valley. They've recruited DL well for several years in a row.

Their ranking in recruiting this year is down a bit, but that's mostly because they are losing so few players that they will only have 13-15 scholarships available. Recruiting rankings are driven by the number of recruits you sign, as much or more than the quality of guys you sign. The quality of the guys they're bringing in with those scholarships is on par, if not better, than the level of players that have beaten Clemson 5 years in a row now.

South Carolina has had their best 3 recruiting classes in history the past 3 years, and their ranking is only down this year because ALL OF THOSE PLAYERS ARE COMING BACK. To turn this into some sort of "they're about to fall off a cliff" belief is just bizarre.

Dec 1, 2013, 11:29 AM

Doesn't really matter, there will be more thugs to step in and take their place!!!

Dec 1, 2013, 11:33 AM

lets see. Clemson loses the best qb in their history. The most gifted wr in their history, probably their best d player. And yet its the g-cocks that will suck nexct year??
lmao.

Clemson is looking straight at a 7-5 or at best 8-4 type season next year. You folks are completely delusional, and you know nothing about college football.

Get ready. Number 6 is on the way next november as SC comes to Clemson memorial stadium to collect the rent.

Face it. 5 straight equals OWNERSHIP>

Dec 1, 2013, 12:03 PM

Lol @ us losing 4 or 5 games next year.

...and a 5 year streak with absolutely 0 to show for it other than beating us. Y'all won't even have anything to show for it this year either. While y'all are still celebrating your win over us in the OUTBACK Bowl ( lulz )...We'll be strollin' our way down to south beach for a BCS game against BAMA.

Dec 1, 2013, 12:23 PM

at Florida St.
at Georgia
South Carolina
at Ga Tech
Louisville

There are your 5 games.

Dec 3, 2013, 8:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Let the Coots live it up now... ]

Surely you jest with wanting Bama in a BCS bowl. The last BCS bowl I remember Clemson being in still produces jokes to this day.

Steamrolling wake, duke, unc, and bc makes for some pretty high lite videos and all, but on the big stage with the big boys, Clemson continues to #### the bed!

Trying to force a moral victory out of that whooping that was received in Columbia, by saying USC has nothing to show for it in the SEC is absurd and screams little brother syndrome.

There is a limit to how many BCS bowl births are given out to a conference, Clemson benefits from this because the ACC only has 2 good teams, 2 mediocre teams, and a bunch of hot garbage. Pull off your orange and purple glasses and use some reason and logic to see this, least you come across as a whiskey soaked illiterate!

Dec 1, 2013, 11:34 AM

F-you COOT!!!!

Now fly AWAY!!!!!!

Is that suppose to mean something?

Dec 1, 2013, 12:34 PM

We'd be favored in all of those games except FSU.

Re: Old timers are turning away in embarassment as...

Dec 1, 2013, 2:05 PM

they instantly recognize the dreaded "Wait till next year" post.....coming from a Tiger fan.

Things certainly have changed....

At least you acknowledge that they have changed...talking

Dec 3, 2013, 8:17 AM

to some coots on here, you'd think their program is the most storied program in history...

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic