Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Latest KornCOOT's report on XT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Latest KornCOOT's report on XT

Mar 7, 2017, 2:45 PM

The most talked about recruit among Clemson and USC fans for the 2018 class no doubt is DE Xavier Thomas of Florence. Thomas, who will play his senior season at IMG Academy, is on record as as saying he will pick either Clemson or USC and will announce on December 20th. Thomas, for the most part, is being hush-hush about his thinking. He just completed visits to both in-state schools as part of an IMG tour of five schools, so he go a refresher course on both programs. Thomas has not been available for comment but a source who talked with him recently shared with us some of what Thomas has shared with him: “I’m hearing USC mostly from Xavier. He wants to change the program around. He loves the coaches and players and it’s a family atmosphere there. He grew up a Gamecock fan. He loves everything about Clemson. They just won a national championship. I think the determining factor of where he’ll end up playing is how well USC will play this season.” Bottom line, it’s still anyone’s guess on which in-state school Thomas will choose.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"how well USC will play this season."... So, Clemson lock...***

Mar 7, 2017, 2:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'll struggle to win five games.***

Mar 7, 2017, 4:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Probably 4 - 8, maybe 5 - 7, or maybe 3 - 9***

Mar 8, 2017, 2:41 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe 0 - 12.....BOOM***

Mar 8, 2017, 5:17 PM

Re: Maybe 0 - 12.....BOOM******

Mar 8, 2017, 5:33 PM

Re: Latest KornCOOT's report on XT

Mar 7, 2017, 2:49 PM

If accurate I think it's a wise decision by XT. Cant knock a kid for waiting to make an informed decision that will obviously have a huge impact on his life.

Mar 7, 2017, 2:49 PM

Usuck has a schedule which could go either way, but if they lose multiple close games and get beat by Clemson by a wide margin I can see XT coming to Clemson.

He's a tiger lock if the gamecocks do the logical thing,

Mar 7, 2017, 3:00 PM

and forfeit this season!

Mar 7, 2017, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Latest KornCOOT's report on XT ]

They're going to get smashed by NC State week one, book it.

Mar 7, 2017, 4:39 PM

35-14 NC State

Mar 7, 2017, 3:00 PM

If that's true in what he's speaking, it's very smart and wise on his part. However, wanting to turn a program around is a whole different story. He could certainly play a big part but he's smart enough to know he can't do it alone - or with just a handful of players.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2017, 3:27 PM

Some how it must have passed you that he and his family has been life long gamecock fans. Now try imagining this, you and your family have been life long Clemson. And now you are a big time HS FB recruit that wants to win big games and championships at the next level in collage, but Clemson has been at the bottom or near the bottom of our conference the past 3/4 years with no sight at getting any better. What are you going to do, how tough is that decision going to be for you to make. You can win championships with the coots and they just won a NC, but Clemson just isn't any good, but you are good enough to make it to the NFL no matter who you play for. Honestly, what are you going to do??? If he chooses the coots, can anybody really fault him. I wouldn't, but I hope that he picks Clemson. I hope that his wanting to win is stronger than any loyalty he has toward the gamecocks!!!

I'm still going to play for Clemson, and I will do my best to help us get better, and help us get better recruits in every recruiting season I'm there. I know in my heart that I couldn't leave Clemson hanging when knowing I could help!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2017, 3:39 PM

Sure would be nice to get the exposure of 2 or 3 nationally televised, post-season games every year you are in college if you want to play at the next level! Just sayin!

I get what you're saying, but you're missing a big piece

Mar 7, 2017, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Latest KornCOOT's report on XT ]

if he truly wanted to "turn USC around" then he would commit early and then try to sway as many top level recruits to join him. No one player is going to turn a football program around on his own. He needs other players. By committing late, he's not going to have time to do that. He's not using his status as a top level recruit to generate recruiting momentum help bring in 2018 talent. He's just another uncertainty in the South Carolina program. "Come to SC and maybe perhaps you can play with a great player" isn't exactly a compelling recruiting pitch. "Come to Clemson and you can play with the best HS QB in the country and continue our trend of putting D linemen in the league."

So either
1) He is truly torn on his choice. Heart vs head.
2) He doesn't really care about turning around a program, he's just out to showcase what he can do to get to the league.

Possibly true on the committing early to HELP build the

Mar 7, 2017, 4:09 PM

class, but he might just be stringing them along to avoid the hassle until NSD.

Re: I get what you're saying, but you're missing a big piece

Mar 7, 2017, 4:55 PM [ in reply to I get what you're saying, but you're missing a big piece ]

Remember what I said about the loyalty, that is where I'm hoping that he and I are totally different, and that is almost a lock when it comes to the younger generation these days. They care about themselves more than anything or anybody else bc loyalty is becoming a thing of the past when the future offers all about me me me!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I get what you're saying, but you're missing a big piece

Mar 7, 2017, 6:15 PM [ in reply to I get what you're saying, but you're missing a big piece ]

Thing is asingle DE is quite the full-on program changer that a stud QB is and that goes for pulling more recruits with them, as well.

Mar 8, 2017, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Latest KornCOOT's report on XT ]

Completely agree with you here, he grew up a coot fan and he will end up there. His loyalty is to them but he knows he can win and get more exposure at Clemson. At the same time he knows playing in the SEC will at least give him some kind of credibility with NFL scouts, regardless if he is playing for S. Carolina. It seems he is torn between loyalty vs. success, they have a young team and will be better next few years but not significantly better. At the end of the day I believe he needs us more than we need him and if he chooses the coots then best of luck to him, because he will need it with that program.

He needs to go ask all coots before him that said the same

Mar 7, 2017, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Latest KornCOOT's report on XT ]

thing yet never won anything. I've been hearing for 50 years kid after kid saying they want to turn it around in loserville yet never happens. Eventually, you would realize history repeats itself and they are just destined to be losers.

Why waste a great opportunity on that place?

Gamecocks have a family atmosphere?

Mar 7, 2017, 3:49 PM

I guess if you think kicking members out of the family if somebody better comes along is a "family atmosphere," then okay.

I'd prefer a family that does not turn its back on you if you do not live up to their expectations.

Manson family atmosphere.*****

Mar 7, 2017, 5:58 PM

Gamecocks have a DISFUNCTIONAL family atmosphere!

Mar 7, 2017, 11:03 PM [ in reply to Gamecocks have a family atmosphere? ]

I would think he would know by now. He has spent far more time at both schools than almost any high school student looking to attend either school. Seems like he is either playing games or he is afraid that one school will self-destruct next year. I don't see Clemson self-destructing. Clemson can't have a better season, and USC is not likely to have a worse season (they can only go up -- but look at their starting place --- not saying much).

Maybe his heart is at one school and his head is at the other.
I can honestly say that I was in a similar position as a high school student (though not an athlete).
I went with my head and my heart followed. I am so glad that I followed my head. After being on campus as a student for a few days, I never looked back and love the school (CLEMSON) that I choose.

GO TIGERS!

I hope XT follows his head to CLEMSON to a school with a true family atmosphere.

I think it's obvious that he's stringing clemson along......

Mar 7, 2017, 4:32 PM

clemson has made back to back national championship appearances (1 national title)

USC has gone 3-9 & 6-6

but yet he wants to see how "well USC does this year"?
and also wants to be the one to "turn the program around"

he's set it up for them to "pass his test".........if they go 4-8 he can justify turning the program around

if they go 8-4 they "did well" and have "turned the corner"

jmo but i think his garnet blood runs deep and is going to do everything to justify picking them in the end............and as a clemson fan i can't blame him b/c i'd do the same if i were in that situation.......and MOST EVERYBODY on this board would do the same.

Mar 7, 2017, 4:36 PM

This is what's going to happen you can mark it.
The only possible way he comes to CLEMSON is if the Coots only win 2 or 3 games next season.
If it's just an awful season for them he will change his mind but trust me he is a Coot ??

He's getting a lot of family pressure to attend $CU***

Mar 7, 2017, 4:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ask Zach Bailey. If he was honest, he would say he screwedup***

Mar 7, 2017, 4:42 PM

Re: He's getting a lot of family pressure to attend $CU***

Mar 7, 2017, 4:45 PM [ in reply to He's getting a lot of family pressure to attend $CU*** ]

I know his Dad pretty well and as of 2-3 weeks ago he is for sure going to be a Coot.
He didn't say that but by his body language that's what I understood

If he wants to spend three or four years at Chicken Central

Mar 7, 2017, 4:50 PM

losing to Clemson, we'll be happy to accommodate him.

Re: If he wants to spend three or four years at Chicken Central

Mar 7, 2017, 4:57 PM

I could almost see him going to a UGA or FSU before us.
I mean if you were a big time player and CLEMSON sucked but the Coots were elite ?
Would that make you want to play for a team you grew up hating

He has made it clear that he intends to stay in state.***

Mar 7, 2017, 5:17 PM

If he is going to be a coot, why not go ahead and be a coot

Mar 7, 2017, 11:09 PM

now?

XT is a fine young man and I hope he will go somewhere where

Mar 7, 2017, 5:54 PM

he will be happy regardless of where he chooses. He is probably aware that at South Carolina he will always be compared to Clowney.....probably not fair as Clowney was a man among boys, but just the truth of the matter. If he is like I think he is, he will want to play somewhere where people will compare other players to him in future years!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2017, 5:58 PM

I've been saying that for months. If that win 7 regular season games he is a coot lock. 50/50 if they win 6. If they win 5 or less he is probably going to come here.

Their schedule is super easy next year so winning 7 games wouldn't be that hard for an average program. Thankfully they are under achievers

Mar 7, 2017, 6:59 PM

Their schedule was super easy last year. This year is more difficult. XT will not change that program. He will make their defense somewhat better but he cannot score points on offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

very simple

Mar 7, 2017, 9:40 PM

if mr and mrs xt don't sign off on clemson, he isn't coming no matter either teams record and no matter what xavier says. And i'm not sure either parent has ever or will ever visit. It's pretty clear where they're loyalties are.

I'd love to see us focus on KJ Henry, Justin M, Wynn, Nana, Mustafa M, and a'19 RB (Devyn Ford)

XT and Bentley and that crew may eventually turn into an 8 or 9 win team (at best), but certainly nothing that completes for SEC crowns or anything larger.

Re: very simple

Mar 7, 2017, 9:51 PM

Very seldom does a Gamecock fan as a child become a Tiger or vice versa ... believe Dabo has even said as much. However, wasn't Mike Williams a Gamecock fan early on? Ended up giving a few of them a free ride into the end zone.

Re: very simple

Mar 7, 2017, 9:58 PM [ in reply to very simple ]

Mom has already visited and is comfortable with Clemson.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Mar 7, 2017, 10:47 PM

Honestly...who cares?

If he goes to USCjr then he goes...Good for him! If they were reigning champs and Clemson were a bucket of @$$...I'd still choose Clemson any day of the week. If it's his dream school, so be it and good for him. USCjr has something to show him...we don't. Our accomplishments speak for themselves.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

sorry XT and fellow Tiger fans

Mar 7, 2017, 11:19 PM

But I don't give a ####

Love to have ya... buuuut

We good

Re: sorry XT and fellow Tiger fans

Mar 8, 2017, 9:49 AM

His family is very pro chicken. We will not change his mothers mind. He would be a fool to go to that dumpster fire but family ties matter. He would get a national championship ring at Clemson. The chickens are nothing but losers.

Seems like he wants to go to USC, but might end up at

Mar 8, 2017, 5:35 PM

Clemson because it's just a better business decision.

As much as I would....

Mar 10, 2017, 7:24 AM

Like seeing him at Clem....
He's not a make or break player for us.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic