Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Last poast on this matter.....I promise
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,649

Last poast on this matter.....I promise

May 27, 2020, 11:17 AM

Have really already put this behind me, except for one nagging kwestion. While Foreman was committed(ugh) we were still pursuing Patterson. Now that the rolls are reversed, why would we not take the sad back? Is it a kwestion of loyalty? I has the confuse!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Last poast on this matter.....I promise

May 27, 2020, 11:20 AM

Good lawd!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2020, 11:35 AM

Do you know Foreman? No. Let it go. You have no clue. Whatever happens happens.

May 27, 2020, 11:37 AM

We were pursuing Patterson like we were pursuing Trenton Simpson. Though The LB'er we were pursuing over Trenton wasn't committed the coaches gave him their word they wouldn't take another LB'er until he decided. They told Trenton just be patient like they did Patterson when Foremen was committed. They weren't willing to take Patterson yet with Foreman committed but they weren't going to burn the bridge either. Needless to say if Foreman was still committed Patterson wouldn't have choose the Tigers yesterday. Then again Patterson may have waited until the end before deciding trying to hold out for a Clemson commit-able offer. So while Clemson doesn't have a spot for Foreman who knows what will happen in the future. you may have a guy leave early for the NFL draft you weren't counting on or maybe you have an unprecedented 2nd decommit though I seriously doubt that. Anyways as it stands now you don't have room for Foreman but you're not going to close the door on him in May either.

May 27, 2020, 1:13 PM

I am guessing we have pulled his offer like he says he would drop us with the commitment of a 2nd DE. That happened and I would suggest KF was surprised. He expects to always be the "Top DE' on the board.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good think weebles don't fall down, someone could get hurt..***

May 27, 2020, 11:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2020, 12:12 PM

What makes you think Clemson was still pursuing Patterson when Foreman was committed? Here is a quote from another site's article:

"Clemson extended an offer to Patterson in January after attracting him to campus in November for the Wake Forest game, which marks his only visit there to date.

Shortly after pulling the trigger on the offer, the Tigers picked up commitments from a pair of defensive ends during their elite junior day weekend in four-star Cade Denhoff and five-star Korey Foreman. At that point, it looked like Clemson would not have a spot for Patterson as Dabo Swinney and company have planned to take only two ends in the 2021 class.

But once Foreman decommitted in late April, a spot opened back up, and the Tigers locked in on Patterson as the prospect they wanted to fill it. So they put the full-court press on him, and it paid off when he jumped on board Tuesday."

Clemson stopped pursuing Patterson while Foreman was committed but then restarted pursuing him after Foreman backed off his commitment. Clemson's process seems pretty clear to me - once the spot is filled, they stop recruiting... if a spot opens back up for whatever reason they start recruiting again.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,649
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic