Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Last nights game goes like this....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Last nights game goes like this....

May 24, 2017, 12:18 PM

Why was Barnes pulled? Especially since there was 3 lefties coming up to bat? Odd.

In the 7th that ump should have called strike 3 when clearly it was a strike, thus a few pitches later led to the base hit tying the game.

In the 8th a check swing double??? What was that about?? And oh by the way.... another inning that should have ended in a strike 3 call which led to a few pitches later base hit giving Duke more runs.

A lot of bad luck had fell our way recently.... in the 8th their 3rd and 2nd basemen made 2 of the best plays you will see defensively at the college level....just really unlucky for us.

I love monte... I know he's the right man for the job, but at times I wonder some of his decision making. Like last week playing ncst.... he kept calling for curve balls in the 8th and eventually it bit him in the assss... by a ball getting by our catcher giving them the win.

Last night pulling Barnes after only 6 and under 90 pitches to bring in a right hander to pitch to 3 lefties???

Just odd stuff.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Last nights game goes like this....

May 24, 2017, 12:26 PM

I agree with everything you just said. Unfortunately you're about to be attacked. Good luck man

May 24, 2017, 2:33 PM

Being attacked for speaking the truth? On tigernet? Never..

Uhh, no

May 24, 2017, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Last nights game goes like this.... ]

Because his post is rational and actually makes sense.

HTH

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Uhh, no

May 24, 2017, 3:51 PM

Other people have been attacked for much less. See ClemsonTiger12 first post. His was rational. Maybe it didn't make sense to others, but that's a matter of opinion

Agree to disagree....

May 24, 2017, 4:13 PM

It is irrational to be worried about the future of the baseball program at this time

May 24, 2017, 12:30 PM

Dumb thread. You need something to do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

May 24, 2017, 12:55 PM

Lol... well played

May 24, 2017, 12:34 PM

Why he pulled Barnes is easy. Barnes was pitching on short rest for the first time this season, and to avoid injury they wanted to limit him to 80 pitches. They got him to 86, and the plan was to bring in Eubanks as the second guy. Monte told us after the game he wasn't going to take a chance on hurting Charlie, who has had arm trouble in the past.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2017, 2:21 PM

Why burn Eubanks (our game #2 pitcher)? he did give up the tying run. I know how important game #1 is under is completely stupid format but who goes on game #2 now??our bullpen is just horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2017, 2:27 PM

Either start Krall or Jackson. Our bullpen wasn't completely to blame. Defense killed us as well as the umpire

May 24, 2017, 2:35 PM

YOU MEAN THE 2 GUYS THAT HAD LESS REST THAN CHARLIE. PLEASE GO AWAY COOT. HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU HAVE TO BE BANNED.

May 24, 2017, 2:41 PM

What are you talking about? The game is Friday. Krall pitched Saturday so he will be ready to go. Tyler Jackson is fresh too. Are you seriously that stupid?

No personal attacks.***

May 24, 2017, 2:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: No personal attacks.***

May 24, 2017, 2:45 PM

He came after me with stupidity so.....

so... you retaliated with a personal attack.

May 24, 2017, 2:46 PM

That's against board rules.

Re: so... you retaliated with a personal attack.

May 24, 2017, 2:48 PM

Everything pumpers and trolls do are against board rules. They antagonize the realistic posters. Like you right now

Pointing out that you broke rules is "antagonizing" you?***

May 24, 2017, 2:59 PM

Re: Pointing out that you broke rules is "antagonizing" you?***

May 24, 2017, 3:07 PM

You following me around everywhere is. Why are you even at odds with me?

You are breaking the rules.

May 24, 2017, 3:18 PM

1) Personal Attacks
2) Scok
3) Trolling

I'm not at odds with you, but I want you, and everyone on tnet, to be aware of the rules.

Re: You are breaking the rules.

May 24, 2017, 3:23 PM

What's a scok ?

I don't know if this dude is trolling or not, but what I do know is if someone opinion is different than some others on here.... they get called for trolling.....

May 24, 2017, 3:27 PM

"Using a 'sockpuppet' to get around a suspension will result in a ban for the sockpuppet account, and a lengthened suspension for the original account."

A scok is a sockpuppet. If you are banned, you can't create a new user account to continue to post.

Regarding trolling, and the other board rules...

May 24, 2017, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Re: You are breaking the rules. ]

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1604505&tstart=0

Re: Regarding trolling, and the other board rules...

May 24, 2017, 3:44 PM

I get harassed constantly francis. For no reason. That whole list should apply to the pumpers. They intentionally harass and troll posters that don't have great tiger pulses and you know it

I was providing an answer to Membersonly regarding board

May 24, 2017, 4:41 PM

rules question he had. Not sure how that's harassing or trolling you.

May 24, 2017, 4:40 PM [ in reply to You are breaking the rules. ]

Are you seriously on here pointing out board rules? How gay are you?

No personal attacks.***

May 24, 2017, 4:52 PM

May 24, 2017, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Last nights game goes like this.... ]

I'm sorry but your post was so stupid I have to respond again. Did you not read what litefoot put and what I put back? How does anything about Krall and Jackson having less rest than Barnes enter your mind? We play Friday.

May 24, 2017, 5:01 PM

Poor little TigerSowell too stupid to realize that he is transparent and everyone can see through his new name. Sad really.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

We play Friday - Krall and Jackson will have as much rest

May 24, 2017, 8:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Last nights game goes like this.... ]

as Barnes. Know what you're talking about before you post. In fact, since you never seem to know that facts, I kinda think you're trolling because you clearly don't watch the games or keep up with anything.

May 24, 2017, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Last nights game goes like this.... ]

THANK YOU DAVID. KIDS ARMS MEAN NOTHING TO THESE GOOBERS. MAYBE IF THEY WOULD LISTEN TO COACH BEFORE THE GAME THEY WOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT. BUT MOST OF THESE SO CALLED FANS SEEM TO KNOW WAY MORE THAN OUR COACHES SO WHY BOTHER.

"forget it, he's rolling..."***

May 24, 2017, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Last nights game goes like this.... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

May 24, 2017, 2:39 PM

David told you why Barnes was pulled and it was the right call. I'm not sure why Monte would keep calling the curve but he obviously saw something or maybe his other stuff wasn't working. Can't quite recall who was throwing at that time.

It has been a bit of bad luck at times but those tend to even out for both teams over the course of a season. Not very comforting but I remember a bloop single by Beer that got us a win - hence, it sorta evens out. Both of those games, as is the case with a lot of the games down the stretch, we should not have put ourselves in that situation.

Unfortunately there is just a few pieces still missing on the team. I feel confident Monte will build through recruiting. We have very little team speed. Lacking in overall athletes as does a team like uncheat and looserville has. We've had top 20 and 30 recruit rating but to win at the level we wish to win at, it takes top ten talent, just like Dabo realized. So, even though Monte can't say it, it's a lack of talent. Especially in the pen. I don't like where we're at, but I see a lot of progress. This program had gone down in the late 2000's.

The one thing I think Monte did wrong was wait so long in the season to bring Griffin in to pitch.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2017, 4:51 PM

maybe just maybe he dindt want to run our pitchers arm into the ground....

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Surprised you haven't been called a DA for this...

May 24, 2017, 6:15 PM

Much like Monte got called last night.

??

~JKB

Re: Surprised you haven't been called a DA for this...

May 24, 2017, 6:51 PM

I don't think i said anything wrong... just not quite there yet. Confused? I love baseball and I love what we're seeing out of Monte. If that's a DA then so be it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Barnes was on 5 days rest and he said he was getting a...

May 24, 2017, 8:04 PM

little tight. I wondered too until I watched the postgame interview.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic