Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ladson's drops will he get better?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Ladson's drops will he get better?

Oct 19, 2020, 10:30 AM

Will he find his hands sooner or later?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good thing is, he's getting wide open.***

Oct 19, 2020, 10:36 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ladson's drops will he get better?

Oct 19, 2020, 10:48 AM

He really needs to catch those balls. But at least he is a threat, which other teams have to respect. For Natty win he has to catch them. We really need that deep threat with a receiver who comes up with the ball consistently. We seem to be sorting that out now.

No. He should probably quit football & be a stone mason.....

Oct 19, 2020, 10:49 AM

Well - except for that good catch he had a few plays later . . . .

Nope - he should quit. For sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: No. He should probably quit football & be a stone mason.....

Oct 19, 2020, 10:53 AM

I am asking a real question. ETN worked hard on being able to catch the football and we see what he can do now.

Oct 19, 2020, 10:57 AM

If you are asking a serious question, Ladson does not have a problem catching the ball.

He has good hands.

His problem is with eye discipline.

You can see it on almost every ball that is thrown to him whether he catches it or not.

He tracks the ball until it gets close enough to where he knows where to put his hands and then he takes his eyes to his surroundings.

He did the same thing on his TD Saturday as well, but he was able to hold onto the ball.

WR are taught to watch the ball all the way in to the tuck. Ladson has not yet mastered that skill.

I hope he gets it straight because it gets tougher and tougher the more drops you get to not start questioning yourself.

Oct 19, 2020, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: No. He should probably quit football & be a stone mason..... ]

As he becomes more relaxed with his playing time he will make those catches. Can't teach his speed and athleticism.

I am SURE #2 is doing the same thing. It's a silly question.

Oct 19, 2020, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Re: No. He should probably quit football & be a stone mason..... ]

FL, Jr has all the attributes to be an awesome football player and provide for his family generational-type of wealth.

I am certain he is working harder than we could possibly imagine - and he will get it figured out . . . if dropping a pass every now & agin is a "figure it out" kinda thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

If he's focused on working on his concentration he'll get it***

Oct 19, 2020, 10:56 AM

Re: No he's a total bust. Is that what you wanted to hear??

Oct 19, 2020, 10:56 AM

Some of you people kill me. Of course Ladson will come around. SMH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Oct 19, 2020, 10:59 AM

No, I don't think he is a bust. I just hope he can come around like ETN and sooner than later. He is in the spotlight this year and think they are other players waiting in the wings.

Oct 19, 2020, 11:05 AM

Nobody anticipated Ross being lost for a year at the boundary. So in theory, Ladson is still one year ahead of schedule in terms of his development.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Oct 19, 2020, 11:08 AM

I am just asking a question. Nothing more or less. I guess it is personal for you some how.

Oct 19, 2020, 11:14 AM

I just answered your question, see above. That's a fact--not personal. SMH

Screw Calford.

His hands caught 15 so far for 3 TDs and a 16.2 average.

Oct 19, 2020, 11:03 AM

He's had a couple of drops. Mike Williams, Higgins, and Ross all had drops early on.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Because Tee is my local guy.....

Oct 19, 2020, 4:39 PM

I remember a few drops early on. Oak Ridge was probally talking about it more than TNet is now about Frank. (Only because the locals knew what Tee was capable of and had seen him do it for years).

Frank will be fine. He has all the talent in the world. Just a little excitement and as Coach said, poor eye discipline. This is why we have coaches. They will all figure it out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2020, 11:07 AM

I don't understand the hate you're getting, it's a fair question given that he has had a lot of high-profile drops this year.

I really think it's 50/50. He's young and sometimes this can improve with discipline and time. But we've certainly had a few awesome receivers that never have the "sticky hands". Some of it may just be physical traits.

Don't get me wrong, he's an incredible weapon and will continue to get better, but I doubt he'll ever be a "sure thing" catcher.

Oct 19, 2020, 11:15 AM

Wow, I'm sure the coaches will really appreciate your evaluation of Ladson because obviously, they're completely wrong about him. SMH

Screw Calford.

Oct 19, 2020, 12:17 PM

Huh, could've sworn I was giving an opinion on a fan message board, in response to a question about the topic. If you're only looking for coach-level assessments, maybe go somewhere else.

Some of our "greats" had big drops, but like Ladson, and (I hate to actually hit you with truth) sometimes they remain dropsy. Sometimes not. Hence the "50/50". As I said, he'll continue to be a great athlete. He'll get wide open, he'll be super athletic, he'll make great catches. Will he ever have sticky hands like Nuk or Higgins? Maybe! But also, maybe not.

Talk about SMH...

Oct 19, 2020, 12:27 PM

I don't think any of his drops Sat. were 50/50 balls but could be wrong.

Oct 19, 2020, 11:08 AM

User Logo
OrangeCrush61
All-Pro [699]
TigerPulse: 77%
Ladso­n's drops will he get better?
Posted: Oct 19, 2020 10:30 AM

Will he find his hands sooner or later?

REALLY, THATS WHAT YOU GOT HUH. SMFH

Oct 19, 2020, 11:17 AM

What wrong De? you wake up on the wrong side of the tiger today?

Oct 19, 2020, 11:21 AM

NOT AT ALL PRETTY USED TO SEEING IDIOTIC COMMENTS ON THIS BOARD. A YOUNG RECEIVER DROPS A COUPLE OF PASSES AND THIS IS ALL YOU GOT

Oct 19, 2020, 11:23 AM

I am asking a question. Clemson has a stock pile of receivers. I was wondering how long Trevor will keep throwing to him or just look for someone else.

Oct 19, 2020, 11:22 AM

You don't want to be remembered as Aaron Kelly part 2.

Oct 19, 2020, 11:24 AM

If Trevor had complete the passes Ladson drop his numbers would have been unreal last Sat.

Did Deon Cain's?***

Oct 19, 2020, 12:01 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ask the Steelers ? ? ? He got some PT yestiddy.***

Oct 19, 2020, 12:26 PM

Yes.

Oct 19, 2020, 4:29 PM

Feel better?

Re: Yes.

Oct 19, 2020, 8:24 PM

?

Yes, Ladson will improve his focus and end up being a VERY

Oct 20, 2020, 3:25 PM

productive for us. He is blowing by defenses on the regular and will score lots of touchdowns for us.

Re: Yes, Ladson will improve his focus and end up being a VERY

Oct 20, 2020, 10:24 PM

When?

Oct 20, 2020, 10:08 AM

He will get better. Mike Williams was the same.

Oct 20, 2020, 10:15 AM

It appears to be a focus thing more than anything else. He can improve on this if he wants to put in the work.

Martavis Bryant 2.0

Oct 20, 2020, 10:12 AM

But I think Frank will figure it out faster than MB.

MB became pretty reliable his final year and then didn’t have issues in the pros...catching at least.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2020, 8:39 PM

He will develop into that deep threat that will take the top off the defense, and it will happen this season. Just work on the jugs machine.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic