Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU might claim the greatest season in history in 2019, but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

LSU might claim the greatest season in history in 2019, but

Feb 2, 2020, 1:30 PM

we still own the greatest playoff run in history.

LSU in CFP 2019 season
Defeated #4 and #3 by a total of 52 points.

Clemson in CFP 2018 season
Defeated #1 and #3 by a total of 55 points.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU might claim the greatest season in history in 2019, but

Feb 2, 2020, 5:42 PM

Quite the coveted record since the college football playoffs have been around so long.

Could it be any more obvious that most Clemson fans have no idea what it means to be a heralded program that’s “been there before.” LSU’s been winning for long enough to know better than to boast about a record that only has 6 years of history to draw from.

I get it though, before 2015 no one outside of Clemson fans or fans of opponents each week had ever watched a Clemson football game. Had LSU not beat Clemson in that national championship in the 50s I wouldn’t have even known Clemson had a football team until the 2012 Peach Bowl.

Feb 2, 2020, 5:50 PM

Makes a lot of sense....Guess that’s why they call y’all LsWho

Feb 3, 2020, 4:33 PM

I thought it was known as Lousy State U for a long time, back to the days of Hughey Long.

They might not have been watching us...

Feb 2, 2020, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU might claim the greatest season in history in 2019, but ]

prior to 2015, but they're sure as heck watching us now.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You clowns are boasting about a 1 year record..

Feb 2, 2020, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU might claim the greatest season in history in 2019, but ]

...what are you talking about? GTFO here...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

never seen a fan base

Feb 2, 2020, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU might claim the greatest season in history in 2019, but ]

search for approval on another teams board...fact that lsu fans are still lingering here whining when we dont say they are great (they werent lawrence had a bad game) its laughable

Ellis Who tears are delicious

Feb 2, 2020, 7:06 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU might claim the greatest season in history in 2019, but ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ellis Who tears are delicious

Feb 2, 2020, 10:47 PM

Tears of joy.

LSU 3-1
Clemson 2-2

Are you still crying about us beating Bama more times in the last

Feb 3, 2020, 6:56 PM

5 years than LSU has? Are you still mad that we can compete with the best in the SEC better than LSU? You will be taken to the Alabama woodshed again next year boy. Hope you enjoyed your miracle season. Too bad you had to resort to the transfer portal because you can’t recruit a championship QB. You’ll be calling for O’s head AGAIN within the next two years after you realize the fact that he is no better Les Miles.

Feb 2, 2020, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU might claim the greatest season in history in 2019, but ]

lol #### one hit wonder inbred cousin loving trash

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why are you still here?

Feb 3, 2020, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU might claim the greatest season in history in 2019, but ]

No, seriously, why are you still here?

Are you a a coot? Or, are you still needing validation like an sophomoric, pubescent, whiny child?

You are a sad individual.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

LSU's titles

Feb 3, 2020, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU might claim the greatest season in history in 2019, but ]

1950 something SPLIT title that 95% of LSU fans alive today were NOT around to see

2003 SPLIT title with all time great coach nick saban

2007 Title for a TWO loss team

2019 - Congrats, this was a magical season for LSU where everything came together and you got a home game for the national championship.

Re: LSU's titles

Feb 3, 2020, 3:43 PM

A912® said:

1950 something SPLIT title that 95% of LSU fans alive today were NOT around to see

2003 SPLIT title with all time great coach nick saban

2007 Title for a TWO loss team

2019 - Congrats, this was a magical season for LSU where everything came together and you got a home game for the national championship.

1958 season - split title, but we did win the actual game. Considering we beat Lil Ole Clemson, I’m a little disappointed you didn’t know the exact year. But you, like many others, probably didn’t realize Lil Ole Clemson had a football team until very recently.
2003 - again, all we can do is win the game.
2007 - two overtime losses in the SEC > going undefeated in the ACC
2019 - ask Alabama if the title game being in Louisiana affected them

That’s 3 in the 21st century we have, and we don’t have the luxury of a 12 week bye every year.

Geaux Tigers!

2007 was a banner year

Feb 3, 2020, 4:06 PM

Wins against:
ACC
Sunbelt
WAC
CUSA

And a loss to 8-5 Arkansas. Call OT, or whatever, but it still shows as a L on the stat sheet

*****———^^^

Feb 3, 2020, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU's titles ]

You are proving to a lot of us in the forum that the LSU stereotypes are closer to truth than falsehoods. I’m assuming by your juvenile comments that you are probably a young student in either middle or high school. If you aren’t that young, then please take a break from your gadgets and learn some communication skills.

Re: LSU's titles

Feb 3, 2020, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU's titles ]

No.,Declared NC before Sugar Bowl if I recall correctly.

losses in SEC are better than 12-0 in ACC? How'd that work

Feb 3, 2020, 11:55 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU's titles ]

out for Bama in 2016 and 2018.

Again LSU has one split title and one title with a two loss team, LOL.

I, for one, would like to show class and congratulate y'all

Feb 3, 2020, 11:58 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU's titles ]

on keeping the following so quiet thus far. But since it was just prior to 2015, maybe that's why I missed it.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-football-ncaa-lsu-ncaa-inquiry/lsu-football-draws-ncaa-scrutiny-over-boosters-payment-idUSKCN1TN0LA

And BTW, exactly NONE of the BCS nattys count...

Feb 3, 2020, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU might claim the greatest season in history in 2019, but ]

...for the SEC. By now everyone has figured out that:

THE FIX WAS IN.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2020, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU might claim the greatest season in history in 2019, but ]

LULZ, registers on an opponents board for the sole purpose of trolling and then espouses to "act like you've been here before".

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2020, 4:27 PM

Everyone did watch LSWho the previous 8 years that Bama beat your @$$! I hope you enjoyed this year! It was a great run. Enjoy Shreveport this December!

I think we scored more points in one game 35 in 2016 or

Feb 4, 2020, 12:01 AM

44 in 2018, vs Bama, than LSU did the previous 8 years combined.

Isn't that the truth. Talking about been there before and

Feb 4, 2020, 12:02 AM [ in reply to Re: LSU might claim the greatest season in history in 2019, but ]

hanging out over here. LOL

Check this out

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-football-ncaa-lsu-ncaa-inquiry/lsu-football-draws-ncaa-scrutiny-over-boosters-payment-idUSKCN1TN0LA

Feb 3, 2020, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU might claim the greatest season in history in 2019, but ]

Enjoy it while you can because it will be quite awhile before y’all will even sniff the playoffs again.......as far Clemson we will not only continue to be in it but will win it at least several more times in the next few years........2 out of 4 ain’t bad and that is what we will be doing again over the next 4 seasons based just on the talent we have right now and coming in next season........Clemson has set the present and future standard for college football and LSU will soon be an afterthought ONCE AGAIN.......Go Tigers!!!!

For such a coveted history, you have exactly 1/2 a

Feb 3, 2020, 11:50 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU might claim the greatest season in history in 2019, but ]

national championship more than we do. And I doubt you get back there any time soon. While we were beating Bama two of the last three title games, yall were losing to them every year and were not coming close. You are about to go back to losing to them again, but look at the bright side. At lease you won't have to endure the humiliation of having your moment ruined before you even leave the stadium. Odell passing out money was really a sign of a coveted program that had been there before. What a fool and a great look for your program.

GO back to the swamp and chow down on some ditch critters. We will get national championship #4 before you get off of 3 1/2 and you can bank on that.

A for the stats in my original post, they are simply facts and it doesn't matter how old they are or how new they are. I said playoff and it will likely be a while before our 2018 season playoff numbers are broken. You didn't do it and it won't be done for a while.

Put together two championships in a three year period, with both wins coming over an undefeated 14-0 and #1 ranked team and then get back to me. Until then, I'll try and remember that the embarrassing money celebration of LSU, which set a new low for the playoff, is a sign of someone who has "been there before".

What the heck!?! LSU fans are STILL lurking on our board!?!

Feb 3, 2020, 11:54 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU might claim the greatest season in history in 2019, but ]

That is hilarious.

null

Funny thing is, they rode Bama all last year about losing

Feb 4, 2020, 12:06 AM

44-16 to us. They couldn't beat them for 8 years so they just decided to live vicariously through us and ride our victory. Ask Bama fans, LSU fans were the ones razzing them as if they had beaten them, when they couldn't even score a point. That sure doesn't sound like a program that's "been there before". LOL

Re: Funny thing is, they rode Bama all last year about losing

Feb 4, 2020, 4:28 PM

44-16 to us. They couldn't beat them for 8 years so they just decided to live vicariously through us and ride our victory. Ask Bama fans, LSU fans were the ones razzing them as if they had beaten them, when they couldn't even score a point. That sure doesn't sound like a program that's "been there before". LOL

Again... history goes back further than 5 years. In the Bama v LSU case, further than 8 years. Before which we were pouncing on them almost every season. I expect that to resume soon. We just considered it poetic justice that they got curb stomped by an overrated ACC team that no one knew existed for most of the 21st century. That’s where your 12 week bye comes in handy... the physical and mental toll it takes on you to play an actual college football schedule is sometimes too strong to bear for even Nick Saban.

I’m just here to remind you guys how lucky you are and that you’re still in your infancy.. I’m doing you all a favor. You should thanking me.

Does it go back further than

Feb 4, 2020, 8:45 PM

this

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/lsu-football/john-paul-funes-vadal-alexander-180000-payment/

Re: Funny thing is, they rode Bama all last year about losing

Feb 5, 2020, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Funny thing is, they rode Bama all last year about losing ]

Had to sign up for this one.

When you are talking about history, are you referring to the .339 win percentage LSU has against Bama? That’s less then the win percentage the coots have against Clemson and everyone on this board is aware of what a one-sided rivalry that is. Sounds like a rich history to me. Enjoy the natty, hopefully you get to watch another run before the program inevitably implodes again for another couple of decades.

Its always intriguing to me how fans from other teams always

Feb 4, 2020, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: LSU might claim the greatest season in history in 2019, but ]

think they are the standard in football while everyone else in the country are surprised they feel that way. LSU is a good team. They had a transfer QB who played outstanding and willed them to win a Natty. With your normal recruits at QB you would have done your usual 3 loss season. Good job though, you beat the CFP mainstay in Clemson and earned that trophy. But understand this is one year. It starts all over in August. The way you're feeling right now is exactly how Clemson fans felt last year at this time. Don't be so naive, i thought you have been there before.

Feb 4, 2020, 6:28 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU might claim the greatest season in history in 2019, but ]

ask 1981 Georgia and Nebraska fans (along with many others) if they have seen us play between 1950 and now. Oh.. wait.. you were probably taking a break from following football during that amazing run you had from around 1970 to the mid nineties, winning 2 or three really "important" bowl games. I guess a quarter century of being irrelevant is easy to forget. Just be yourself - stay klassy with a capital K !

Stovall, Arnsbarger, Archer, Hallman, Dinardo, LOL

Feb 4, 2020, 8:50 PM

Yep, it goes back.

Exactly. This clown must have lived in a swamp cabin w/o power,

Feb 4, 2020, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU might claim the greatest season in history in 2019, but ]

before moving into his rented trailer in 2015.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic