Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU fell off the face of the earth after losing top guys
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,996

LSU fell off the face of the earth after losing top guys

Jan 6, 2021, 12:08 PM

Clemson lost Tee Higgins, Justyn Ross, Tanner Muse and Isaiah Simmons.

Literally NOBODY was able to step up and fill the void for those guys (and several others) this season.

And yet, we made it all the way back to the CFP.

I realize that a lot of fans have raised the bar for success to pretty impractical levels, but as long as the Tigers are winning ACC tittles, beating the Gamecocks (when they play!) and getting to the final four you just have to be happy.

We remain consistently EXCELLENT.

We’re not going to win it all every year, but our recruiting tells me we’re going to be in a position to win it all every year.

The Best is Yet to Come!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU fell off the face of the earth after losing top guys

Jan 6, 2021, 12:21 PM

I’m not sure I agree that nobody stepped up after losing Higgins and Ross. Amari had a great season, almost as good as Higgins. Powell was as good this year as Ross was last year.

Jan 6, 2021, 12:45 PM

We needed Higgins, Ross, and Amari. Amari was fabulous! And Powell did very well for sure. Our WR corps was just way too thin this year. No depth and it showed. I believe you need to be able to rotate guys so they can get a breather after a long route, and they can go hard down field on a block every time. We needed 5-6 really good ones and we had 2-3 for most of the year.

Jan 6, 2021, 12:25 PM

We all agree with you bug eye. The Tigers aren’t going anywhere as long as Swinney and his staff keep bringing in the quality student athletes that they do every year. What is likely to happen is other teams are going to improve as well. That’s a good thing.

They would have fallen further had they not been

Jan 6, 2021, 12:27 PM

rescued by a shoestring.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I think there were guys who could have...

Jan 6, 2021, 1:04 PM

but injuries definitely impacted their development.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jan 6, 2021, 1:27 PM

Not sure why no one is also mentioning that they lost Joe Brady and Dave Aranda too...

What's our record if we had lost Venables and Elliott?

Jan 6, 2021, 1:40 PM

Well, we did lose Elliott when the stakes were highest. Okay?

Jan 6, 2021, 3:09 PM

Only 2 teams have the top to bottom roster talent to sustain that degree of player loss and still contend for the CFP; Bama & OSU. Georgia has a comparable roster but their offensive scheme/system usually prevents a CFP birth-

Jan 6, 2021, 3:29 PM

I told those LSU pickle lickers that the jig was up and they wouldn't even make the playoffs again for a few years. Needless to say, they told me that I was a hater and a moran. That LSU is a true Blue Blood and would never fall from grace. They didn't say those exact words, but you get the idea.

I'm trying to tell this ButtNut lovers to brace themselves now because there will be no playoff run for them next season. This title game monday night is extremely important for Day and 1-4 St. I think Day realizes this and is trying so desperately to get every rule he can changed so that they have the best shot at winning. He knows it will be a couple of years before he gets another shot. That's if he hasn't moved on from 1-4 St by then. The fans might be in denial, but Day is adding rule after rule to the burn pile.

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,996
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic