Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So is everyone furious with the committee this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

So is everyone furious with the committee this year

Nov 20, 2019, 8:04 AM

solely because Clemson has been ranked lower than in previous years? Because that's really the only thing that feels different to me. Everything else that people ##### about has been present in the committee rankings from 2014 on.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC teams are ranked artificially high to prop up their

Nov 20, 2019, 8:13 AM

leaders strength of schedule argument.

It common circular logic ... all SEC teams are good, therefore any win over an SEC team is a good win because all SEC teams are good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think there may be a little bit of overvaluing the SEC

Nov 20, 2019, 8:32 AM

but i think it's seriously blown out of proportion on Tigernet. I'm not going to argue that the SEC should have the highest undefeated, 1 loss, 2 loss, and 3 loss teams, but it is the best conference (only the Big Ten is close this year), and there are numerous metrics to support that.

The conspiracy aspect of it is also ridiculous. Why would the committee want to rig things for the SEC? That makes no sense. What's the end game there? To get more ratings? No. The best ratings would come from a playoff that included blue blood teams from across the country. Something like Ohio State, Texas, Notre Dame, and USC would be a dream playoff and that doesn't even include an SEC Team. Do you think Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and FSU would be a ratings draw? Hell no. That's one tiny area of the country and everyone else would be so fed up with it they probably wouldn't even watch.

Don't think the committee is as biased as EsecPN but they

Nov 20, 2019, 1:05 PM

have proven to be lazy and listen to all the rhetoric spouted by EsecPN and some other outlets. Do your homework and don't let the press, the coaches poll or AP poll influence what you decide! That's all we can ask! Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^ THIS ^^^^***

Nov 20, 2019, 8:51 AM [ in reply to SEC teams are ranked artificially high to prop up their ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: So is everyone furious with the committee this year

Nov 20, 2019, 8:13 AM

This committee is a collection of idiots. Simple as that.

Nov 20, 2019, 8:20 AM

Please explain to me how Alabama is still at #5 with no Tua, scored 3 points after he went out against Miss St, that porous defense, crap schedule and lost to the only team they played with a pulse. There is no way ANYBODY paying attention to the games can come to that conclusion. No way. Oregon and Utah would both run Alabama out of the stadium right now. Any stadium, including their own.

I never want to hear the term 'eye test' again because these people obviously aren't paying attention or know what they're looking at. And while we're at it, let's talk about LSU's defense. What a sham.

This Oregon AD chairing the committee is a buffoon. Surely they had somebody better than him to put in front of the camera. If he's indicative of the rest of the people on this committee, then that's all I need to know.

The chairman stated publicly that they do no predict

Nov 20, 2019, 8:25 AM

future results and teams are only evaluated on the games they have played. If Bama sucks the next two weeks with Mac Jones at QB, Bama will fall. They can't assume that there's going to be a massive drop off just because Tua has hurt even if it seems overwhelmingly likely. If you recall, Ohio State lost JT Barrett in the last regular season game of 2014 and then got better with 3rd string QB Cardale Jones. While i would not expect that to happen here, the responsible thing for the committee to do is at least let the situation play out.

Nonsense. If they aren't predicting what will happen then

Nov 20, 2019, 8:32 AM

we've been lied to with this 'eye test' BS since the playoff started. They change the narrative to suit what ever stupidity they come out with in a given week. They got a whole half to watch Alabama's 2nd string guy lead them to 3 pts. The Ohio St team you're talking about had 3 QBs who could've started for anybody. Comparing this Alabama O to that OH St team is laughable. OH St also had a better defense that year than Alabama has now.

They got a 2nd half of garbage time with Bama up

Nov 20, 2019, 8:38 AM

4 scores. What were they supposed to take away from that?

And they're going to get a whole game of garbage time

Nov 20, 2019, 8:46 AM

against Western Carolina. If you want to continue to disagree with me, that's fine. I'm telling you, Alabama is still getting consideration simply based on their name. There can be no other rationale for it. Their schedule is crap, their defense is crap, they lost at home to the only decent team they played, and now they're down to a 2nd string QB who will get out-recruited down there because he's average at best. Alabama is a collection of terrific WRs and nothing else.

Keep in mind this is the same committee who has UGA at #4 after losing at home to 4-7 SCar. *shrug*

I also fully support Georgia being 4th and believe their

Nov 20, 2019, 8:49 AM

resume justifies the rankings.

And this is coming from somebody that despises Georgia nearly as much as the coots.

But really, Georgia's ranking doesn't matter in the slightest. If they win out and beat LSU they are easily in the playoff, and if they lose a game they are out. It's completely black and white with them so there's no reason to get upset about their current ranking.

LOL. K. That's all I need to know.***

Nov 20, 2019, 8:50 AM

Re: LOL. K. That's all I need to know.***

Nov 20, 2019, 10:49 AM

You sir CootNDawgHater are having a meltdown...put your shades down and look at the facts objectively. UGA deserve 4. 1 loss bama compared to 1 loss Oregon/Utah is a toss up. Better wins vs better losses..

Everything will ok bud

Re: Nonsense. If they aren't predicting what will happen then

Nov 20, 2019, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Nonsense. If they aren't predicting what will happen then ]

It’s hilarious how you say you despise the eye test, but the only reason you are knocking Bama is because of your eye test. Lol. You say they have a garbage defense. It’s not. Ranked in the top third of the FBS. You say their schedule is garbage. Their best win is the same as our best win and is no worse than our schedule.

Re: The chairman stated publicly that they do no predict

Nov 20, 2019, 10:29 AM [ in reply to The chairman stated publicly that they do no predict ]

" They can't assume that there's going to be a massive drop off just because Tua has hurt even if it seems overwhelmingly likely. "

Am I wrong that the CFPC did make an assumption last year when Big Dex was suspended. I think they acted like CLEMSON could not possibly beat good teams without him. He was not even the main O producer like Tua is. The CFPC changes the rules every year to fit their agenda and to artificially prop up the SEC teams.

Re: The chairman stated publicly that they do no predict

Nov 20, 2019, 10:45 AM

Dexter didn't get suspended until after the rankings came out. Dear God some of you are living in your own fantasy land.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: This committee is a collection of idiots. Simple as that.

Nov 20, 2019, 8:32 AM [ in reply to This committee is a collection of idiots. Simple as that. ]

Because Alabama still has to play Auburn, so they will see how Bama looks. Moreover, they can still get jumped after the Pac 12 Championship.. It doesnt exactly matter right now.

I realize Alabama is going to get passed in the rankings.

Nov 20, 2019, 8:38 AM

My point is they should've been passed last night. Please tell me what ranking them #5 is based on... strength of schedule? Can't be that. Quality wins? Oops. Tua? Nope. They're defense? Hmmm.

They're ranked #5 simply because they're Alabama. They weren't a playoff team BEFORE Tua got hurt and they #### sure aren't now. In reality, even putting them in the top 10 is generous. #5 is asinine.

Putting them in the top 10 is generous? Wow, you are just

Nov 20, 2019, 8:40 AM

going off the deep end now. Bama is easily still a top 10 team with Mac Jones at QB.

You are insane if you think Alabama is even CLOSE

Nov 20, 2019, 8:47 AM

to being who they were. They were a Big XII team depending on Tua to outscore people. Now they don't even have that. They're not even Texas Tech now.

The gap between a national title level team (which they

Nov 20, 2019, 8:53 AM

were) and the ~11th best team is huge. Bama doesn't have to be close to where they were with Tua to be better than Minnesota, Florida, Michigan, Wisconsin, or Baylor. If they were to play any of those teams next week i would bet on Bama and feel good about it. They still have Nick Saban and a roster full of studs. The defense hasn't been vintage Alabama, but it's better than it's been given credit for (definitely better than LSU's defense) and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see other players on that team step up in Tua's absence. We see that happen all of the time in sports.

Re: You are insane if you think Alabama is even CLOSE

Nov 20, 2019, 1:20 PM [ in reply to You are insane if you think Alabama is even CLOSE ]

Lol. Good lord dude. Just stop.

Re: Putting them in the top 10 is generous? Wow, you are just

Nov 20, 2019, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Putting them in the top 10 is generous? Wow, you are just ]

Uh - no offense intended, but you are dead wrong about Bama. Is that you Saban?

I would not put Bama in the Top 10 without Tua at QB, unless Hurts was still there to save their butt.

Re: This committee is a collection of idiots. Simple as that.

Nov 20, 2019, 12:59 PM [ in reply to This committee is a collection of idiots. Simple as that. ]

Simple explanation: Nick Saban

Nov 20, 2019, 8:28 AM

I agree. This is much ado about nothing and generally just a lot of hot air from CFP Committee and fans alike. Wait until the last conference championship is played THEN worry about the rankings. If LSU & OSU are undefeated and are their respective conference champs along with Clemson then they deserve to be ranked ahead of us based on SOS & “quality wins”. Bear in mind that the Coastal div winner we play in the ACCCG may not even be ranked by then. If there is a 1 loss or non-conf champ ranked ahead of us then we got a beef w/the committee

If UVA is 9-3 and are not ranked ... that would be proof

Nov 20, 2019, 10:38 AM

of the absurdity of the ranking system.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, it's not rocket science.

Nov 20, 2019, 8:36 AM

Their goal is within reach. At this time of the year their goal is to have all the prospective teams who might be the best within reach of the final four.

Imo, we are thinking with a BCS hangover. During the BCS era it was nearly impossible for a 7th ranked team to make the NC game. That is no longer so. Just about anyone in the top 7-10 can still find a seed in the final four.

Should Clemson be ranked #1? Without a doubt. Will it matter when the final whistle blows in the NC game? Not one tiny bit. Why then does a #3 rank cause Clemson fans such discomfort?

PRIDE, the truth is that Clemson has been disrespected almost continuously for over a decade now. We sit on the throne of NCAA football and wear the crown but they refuse to treat us like royalty. That says more about them than about us.

The screwed the pooch when they slighted Watson in the Heisman award ceremony. They apologized and admitted they made a mistake when he dismantled Bama's 'greatest defense evar.' They dismissed Clemson last year and we embarrasses the 'GOAT,' with a 44-16 final score by milking 10 mins off the clock at game's end when we could have put another 20-40 points on 'The GOAT.'

Yeah, I get it. We're not being draped in Purple and coronated but the ceremony hasn't happened yet. In the end we will wear the crown again, and again and again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2019, 1:04 PM

As long as we’re in, I could give a flying rat’s ####. They can prop up the SEC, Big 10, whoever....the nonsense stops when they spot the ball.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic