Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LOL 60 Minutes is interviewing Bill Gates now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

LOL 60 Minutes is interviewing Bill Gates now

Feb 14, 2021, 7:39 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL 60 Minutes is interviewing Bill Gates now

Feb 14, 2021, 7:47 PM

life maybe

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is probably the most influential person alive right now.

Feb 14, 2021, 8:04 PM

, had he not been born we would all be a bunch of Pussy Mac users and overpaying for shiddy computers in nice cases.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He is probably the most influential person alive right now.

Feb 14, 2021, 8:13 PM

Re: He is probably the most influential person alive right now.

Feb 14, 2021, 8:17 PM

I have an apple product for the first time ever right now. iPhone 11 Pro. I will be going back to android.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its seems that Apple loyalty is determined by when one made

Feb 14, 2021, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Re: He is probably the most influential person alive right now. ]

the decision. Through the 2000's the PC software was known to be user debugged, with patches and updates seemingly continuously. And I got sick of worrying about malware. I switched to iPad & Mac in 2010, so it's a little hard now to rethink the possibility that the others have caught up. But I do understand that this is historical/emotional perspective. Basically I got sick of PCs and don't want to go back. And I don't need to get the newest thing every couple of years, so its not a big deal.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Its seems that Apple loyalty is determined by when one made

Feb 14, 2021, 8:28 PM

Re: Its seems that Apple loyalty is determined by when one made

Feb 14, 2021, 11:42 PM [ in reply to Its seems that Apple loyalty is determined by when one made ]

been on PC since early 90s, been building my own since mid nineties. Amiga before that. The 3d software I use does not nor ever will be Mac OS based because Microsoft offered Apple a 1-time offer on Direct 3D driver licensing for Nvidia's emerging line of Graphic cards back in the late 90's., they passed on it, and the entire gaming and 3d content creation industry flocked to PC and linux. Apple, in one botched business deal, managed to turn its back on the largest software segment on the planet, gaming. fugging morons. They re-hired Jobs not too long after that.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great info. I wish I had your technical expertise, which

Feb 15, 2021, 7:17 AM

allows you different choices. I am not technically proficient, so had to choose for different reasons. I was commenting on what might motivate brand loyalty, and in my case, as my need for word processing and personal interaction increased while my need for storage and processing power decreased, portability became important, and iPad was a groundbreaker for that type of device. Soon after getting my first one I decided to never again have a spinning hard drive or open programs in background (if I said that correctly). With the addition of an external keyboard, it functions as a computer for me. It is basically bug proof, 100% stable and reliable. I know other tablets are now available, but I am where I am.

My wife, with an admittedly cheap PC laptop, is forever updating, etc. It will handle some tasks an iPad wont, and she is happy with PC's, so she stays with it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wife and both daughters are Apple everything. I have no

Feb 14, 2021, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Re: He is probably the most influential person alive right now. ]

Apple products and I'm doing just fine.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I have yet to understand why it matters to people

Feb 14, 2021, 9:27 PM

which phone or computer somebody else uses. I pick what I like. The opinions and preferences of others have yet to sway my decision when it comes to choosing a product that cost $1000. If it was a choice like Coke or Pepsi, which only costs $1.59, then I'll listen to your argument all day long.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My son and daughter

Feb 14, 2021, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Wife and both daughters are Apple everything. I have no ]

Do not like salad, but my wife and I do.

Maybe irrelevant, but equally fascinating.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My son and daughter

Feb 14, 2021, 9:34 PM

Maybe we need to start a salad board.***

Feb 14, 2021, 11:43 PM [ in reply to My son and daughter ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I've said it many times here, but IOS is terrible to use in

Feb 14, 2021, 11:14 PM [ in reply to Re: He is probably the most influential person alive right now. ]

a corporate environment. 2 of the guys that report to me love Macs however and prefer them to do their daily development/Azure work.

Personally, from a pc/laptop perspective, I think the "older" (intel) Mac hardware is superior to just about everything else, as Windows 10+ runs excellently on it. Thats all I've used since Macs went to intel in 2008?

Parts of the Mac ecosystem are useful, but I like to have the choice to use whatever I like on the same hardware.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He said he spent $700M last year in carbon offsets

Feb 15, 2021, 7:17 AM

LOL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

WIth anything he says, it's a safe bet the opposite is true.***

Feb 15, 2021, 11:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic