Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kuck Fovid-19 in the..........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 495

Kuck Fovid-19 in the..........

Nov 18, 2020, 4:16 PM

2020 can go DIAF too.

If you live in Columbia, please go buy a pizza at LaBrascas. Or three. They freeze well when wrapped.

https://www.facebook.com/milly.knuckley

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ive never tried their pizza. When I'm in that area

Nov 18, 2020, 4:19 PM

I hit up Basil, Midwood or Cocos and Beer, but I'll have to try and chip in for gas here. They're apparently an institution.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's some of the best pizza in town.

Nov 18, 2020, 4:22 PM

Never had better pizza really, anywhere. Grew up eating their pizza.

Anyway, sucks when a really good business closes after so many years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've always liked it...

Nov 18, 2020, 4:28 PM

but for me it's mostly nostalgia. They use frozen crusts and canned mushrooms. My dad absolutely loves it, but with DAno's and TPJ open here now, I've drifted away from them.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I enjoy Stoners

Nov 18, 2020, 4:38 PM

Not trying to hard to be NY or Chicago Style, just pretty solid overall

yeah, go to after soccer games and numerous

Nov 18, 2020, 5:06 PM [ in reply to It's some of the best pizza in town. ]

birthday parties

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And I just looked at the comments and she's

Nov 18, 2020, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Ive never tried their pizza. When I'm in that area ]

trashing DoorDash.

If you aren't contracting with DoorDash or BiteSquad or UberEats given the landscape, I would just surmise that you're missing the forest for the trees.

Actually, those services rip off the restaurants big time.

Nov 18, 2020, 4:24 PM

They eat into whatever profit you may have on your product. Most restaurants hate those "services". I mean if you like a $50 pizza, go right ahead. But they're tolerated them during good times, but you can't rely on those services to stay in business.

I know they're inconvenient, but there's no way

Nov 18, 2020, 4:29 PM

that there are hundreds of restaurants in the Midlands LOSING sales because they subscribe to DoorDash. Is their margin lower? Perhaps. But DD makes it money off the arbitrary delivery charge and/or subscription fees. It also helps that it provides online/mobile app exposure to companies who otherwise wouldn't have an online presence outside of Facebook.

Seriously, it's a screw job.

Nov 18, 2020, 5:57 PM

DD takes half of what the item costs, a monthly service fee, and THEN has the nuts to charge you an arseload for the delivery fee too.

F them, I hope they choke.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You get REALLY fired up about

Nov 18, 2020, 6:22 PM

prepared food and grocery delivery services. It's really the only thing I've EVER seen you lash out against.

I love it.

Local restaurants need to band together and do their

Nov 18, 2020, 7:12 PM [ in reply to Seriously, it's a screw job. ]

own delivery service if that is the case.

I assume they are all the same? I use Bite Squad mostly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, I'll have a cheese salad and a pizza

Nov 18, 2020, 5:05 PM

with everything on it except anchovies (which you can put on the side). Please also a pitcher of beer - and keep the pitchers coming

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see you know this place well.***

Nov 18, 2020, 5:54 PM

Re: Kuck Fovid-19 in the..........

Nov 18, 2020, 6:07 PM

I don't have Facebook, but what happened? Going out of business?

Re: Kuck Fovid-19 in the..........

Nov 19, 2020, 9:18 PM

I thought they'd closed 20 years ago.

They've switched locations from their original spot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We can’t leave our houses due to the

Nov 19, 2020, 9:20 PM

Metrics you give us on a daily basis. We are all dying or going to die from COVId. This is what you have been telling us for months. I have been locked in my basement on your advice since April.

Dude, NOW you want me to get a pizza and pick it up myself. That is insanity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 495
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic