Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Korncoot just said
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Korncoot just said

Jan 8, 2019, 7:19 PM

that Dabo had fulfilled his promise to make Clemson the gold standard for other football programs to emulate. He said that Dabo had flipped the College Football world upside down and Clemson was on the top now.

Later he had advice for Gamecock fans: "You need to realize that, other than the three eleven-win seasons under Coach Spurrier, and maybe the brief moment in the sun in 1984, your program has NEVER had history on its side in this rivalry. If you are ever going to compete seriously with Clemson, you cannot expect them to come back down the mountain to where you are. You must go to them."

And further advice from his co-hosts: "you cannot measure yourself by Clemson. You'll break your neck looking up the mountain. You must measure yourself relative to yourself and hope that, in time, you're gaining. Meanwhile, shut up. Let Clemson fans enjoy this time. They've earned it."

How dare they say things like that!
Oh, the outrage!
Don't they know that 1984 team only went 10-2, and lost their bowl game???? How can they compare the Coots to Clemson!

Go Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Korncoot just said

Jan 8, 2019, 7:26 PM

Go Navy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 8, 2019, 9:22 PM

And Ok St.

But Navy denied them the #1 ranking.

Jan 8, 2019, 8:06 PM

I guess i don’t understand, everything he said is spot on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wasn't Pacific won of those losses or was it Coppin State?nm

Jan 8, 2019, 8:15 PM

nm

Re: wasn't Pacific won of those losses or was it Coppin State?nm

Jan 8, 2019, 11:04 PM

Pacific was back in the Carlin years.

But in any case, "Anchors aweigh, me boys, anchors aweigh!"

Jan 9, 2019, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Korncoot just said ]

Aww, Kerigan, you're one of my favorite posters, and you didn't get it.

Just posting a truly positive--and accurate-- statement at a positive time in a positive context to offset the whiners who complain and take offense at Kornblut's comments, frequently out of context. And the pilers on who go on to say that everything on the Clemson 'flagship' station should be all orange, all the time. Because we're entitled to it--it's free radio, for gosh sake.

I've always tried to encourage people that if they got more fiber in their diet, they could actually be better fans. But they believe that if you want them to stop eating orange-flavored sugar smackies (3 meals a day) that you're preaching heresy.

I love the passion of the Tiger faithful. I also believe that becoming well-informed should make us more passionate, not less. When you know that what you believe in is special, you love it that much more.

Go Tigers

Hope i didn't get too sappy.

they are correct though***

Jan 8, 2019, 11:13 PM

Jan 8, 2019, 11:36 PM

Living in GC territory I gave up listening to Korncoot many years ago, but if indeed he made these remarks then I’ll give him credit for recognizing the measure of Clemson and Dabo’s leadership as compared to USCe and their futility over 120 plus seasons of football!

Chicken fans should have nothing to say after this season and best hope Bama doesn’t bury their team next season. Clemson earned what we won and did it with class and grit.

Go Tigers!!

Jan 9, 2019, 10:28 AM

The co-host pointed out that 5 of the year-end Top 25 are on u5c's schedule for next year, so Gamecock fans don't need to save money for a bowl trip next year.
Use it for Christmas, a December vacation or to help the needy.

His suggestions.

It must have really pained him to admit that.***

Jan 9, 2019, 10:22 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It must have really pained him to admit that.***

Jan 9, 2019, 10:30 AM

He will go right back to talking about Carolina’s new messiah The Ryan Hilinski....got to get that check in the midlands.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: get that check

Jan 9, 2019, 12:50 PM

Well, yeah. I mean, that's Marketing 101: no matter what you say about them, make sure your best customers know you want them to be successful.

In listening to Korn off and on for 30 years, I'm convinced he wants EVERY SC school to be successful, and he loves to promote us all on his show.

U5c and most of the smaller schools need every bit of promotion they get, and are always happy for it. Clemson doesn't feel the same way in football but could probably use help in recognizing and promoting some of our other sports.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic