Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Korncoot: “South Carolina is usually playing for the SEC championship this week.”
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Korncoot: “South Carolina is usually playing for the SEC championship this week.”

Nov 30, 2018, 8:23 PM

That so, Phil?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Re: Korncoot: “South Carolina is usually playing for the SEC championship this week.”

Nov 30, 2018, 8:25 PM

In his dreams

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Korncoot: “South Carolina is usually playing for the SEC championship this week.”

Nov 30, 2018, 8:28 PM

Didn't he really mean trying to buy tickets?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2018, 8:28 PM

How exactly did that turn out last time they made it?

Nov 30, 2018, 8:29 PM

only happened once and how did that turn out for them???

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2018, 10:07 PM

They were efficient. They packed their first and last trip, all into one.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because they morph into Bama!!***

Nov 30, 2018, 8:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Because they morph into Bama!!***

Nov 30, 2018, 8:33 PM

Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding

We have a winner.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Thank you!!***

Nov 30, 2018, 8:34 PM

Nov 30, 2018, 8:31 PM

Man he sure uses the word (Usually) mighty loosely!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2018, 10:44 PM

Yes - he probably needs to look that word up!

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

“South Carolina for the SEC championship this week.”

Dec 1, 2018, 12:04 AM

much more appropriate!

Re: “South Carolina for the SEC championship this week.”

Dec 1, 2018, 12:05 AM

"South Carolina "once played" for the SEC Championship" .... more appropriate!

He meant...they are usually watching the SEC championship!!***

Nov 30, 2018, 8:32 PM

They should be through in time to watch most of it!

Nov 30, 2018, 8:33 PM

There’s no way he said that.

Nov 30, 2018, 8:42 PM

It’s twue, it’s twue.

He almost said they’re not used to playing this week, then stopped short and made the aforementioned ridiculous statement, then qualified it with, “They’re certainly not used to playing a team like Akron this week.”

GO TIGERS

Nov 30, 2018, 10:33 PM

Without looking it up I would guess Akron is only the 2nd team they have ever played in the first week of Dec. The first was Auburn.

Dec 1, 2018, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Korncoot: “South Carolina is usually playing for the SEC championship this week.” ]

If he said that I have 2 lots on the ocean in Camden. Please call cheap

Dec 1, 2018, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Korncoot: “South Carolina is usually playing for the SEC championship this week.” ]

If he said that I have 2 lots on the ocean in Camden. Please call cheap

Nov 30, 2018, 8:34 PM

I think he meant they are usually "playing with themselves" this time of year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2018, 8:37 PM

Have they ever played for a championship in football

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

One SECCG appearance.***

Nov 30, 2018, 8:39 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One SECCG appearance.***

Nov 30, 2018, 8:41 PM

He must be on some powerful drugs.

Nov 30, 2018, 8:43 PM [ in reply to One SECCG appearance.*** ]

Which turned into the worst loss in SECCG history , and I believe the worst loss in ANY conference championship in history .
Auburn beat them so bad they haven't gotten up the guts to try it again .

This week : Akron .
( Baby Steps )

DB23

Nov 30, 2018, 9:35 PM

Ohio State v Wisconsin 59-0

Dec 1, 2018, 12:36 AM

Oh ok ...the 2nd worst beating ever in a conference championship .

DB23

the chickens are playing for the SEC Championship until

Nov 30, 2018, 8:46 PM

the smoke in the opium den clears.....then, its bare concrete walls and a puke covered floor...:~),

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2018, 8:49 PM

Is this proof of parallel universes? If so that one sounds like a horrible place.

Dec 1, 2018, 7:35 AM

SC Jr Engineering School researching String Cheese Theory?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

must be part of cycling in

Full on delusional.

Nov 30, 2018, 8:54 PM

once = usually

only a uscjr grad would be that poorly educated

when and where did that idiot say that?***

Nov 30, 2018, 8:56 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You must have misheard him. Prolly said

Nov 30, 2018, 9:31 PM

"Wussie" Championship.

Link?? No way he actually said that***

Nov 30, 2018, 9:39 PM

"Cycling in..."

Nov 30, 2018, 9:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this real?***

Nov 30, 2018, 9:48 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No...

Dec 1, 2018, 6:12 AM

?

No way he said that.***

Nov 30, 2018, 9:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: No way he said that.***

Dec 1, 2018, 12:32 AM

He did say it, but this is a stupid thread.

It was clearly a misstatement where he got his 'double negatives' reversed.

He was in the middle of an interview with 2 politicians and trying to keep the banter going, and he was asking for their picks against the spread. Not a big deal.

If we Tigers are going to start a 3-page thread over every pro-Gamecock conversation that contains any errors, count me out. I guess I'm not petty enough.

"Korncoot" is a better sportsfan and journalist than most of you give him credit for, and his program is an asset to any radio station.

Grow up, and learn about the other people in your state. Many of us are Tigers first, and Wofford, or Citadel, or PC, or Southern, or somebody else second. "Korncoot" gives all the state schools exposure they'll never get elsewhere.

Bomb away.

Get out of here we tryin to

Dec 1, 2018, 1:12 AM

Spread a little misinformation & slander a MFer

Dec 1, 2018, 1:32 AM [ in reply to Re: No way he said that.*** ]

You have got to be kidding. A good journalist is never bias, a good journalist writes it as it is, and not what he wants the readers to believe that's not true. He is as good a journalist as a Poodle is as dear hunting dog, or a cat being afraid of a mouse!!!

Dec 1, 2018, 4:36 PM

No, I think it's you that have got to be kidding.

For such an idealistic view of journalism, you must never have been the subject of a story before.
EVERY journalist has a bias. That's why they go into journalism. And maintaining that bias is how they keep getting access.

What they must do is maintain enough integrity to be trusted. Period.

Every Clemson coach and player knows that they must be professional when the little round guy sticks his mike in their face. It's a reminder that they are not always speaking to friends, just because their faces are familiar.

Kelly B thought he had sympathetic friends in the media. How'd that turn out? It wasn't Kornblut that convinced him to spill his soul. It was your hometown hack, The Orange and White.

He has a LONG history of being a complete hack.***

Dec 1, 2018, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: No way he said that.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

He does a good job promoting the gamecocks. I'm sure

Dec 1, 2018, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Re: No way he said that.*** ]

he has helped turn a few recruits over the years.

Re: He does a good job promoting the gamecocks. I'm sure

Dec 1, 2018, 3:19 PM

Absolutely, he is a gamecock through and through that is also a media person that had direct contact with recruits. He shouldn't ever be be allow to have any contact with any player that has Clemson listed as a high interest, or at least not without a Clemson media guy close by to keep him in check!!! I always say and I stand by that I don't hate anyone, and I don't, but korncoot has come close to pushing my anti hate button to change bc, I seriously dislike that dude a lot!!!

Dec 1, 2018, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Re: No way he said that.*** ]

I will walk back my statement only enough to say that Kornblut is a promoter first and a journalist second.

Nobody promotes sports in this state like Phil Kornblut, and he's been doing it for over 30 years. The reason Tiger fans dislike him is that we don't trust--or want--or need--any outside promotion.

The service he performs for the rest of the state are invaluable. One day we might need promotion again. And anybody who talks 10 hours a week makes lots of verbal mistakes. Big deal.

KornCOOT is IDIOT***

Nov 30, 2018, 10:20 PM

Re: KornCOOT is IDIOT***

Dec 1, 2018, 3:24 PM

That sounds like you were being polite considering you were talking about korncoot!!!

Nov 30, 2018, 10:22 PM

He was quoting a statement made by Dawn Staley in March.

Doesn't "usually" imply that something has happened

Nov 30, 2018, 10:45 PM

more than once??

Usually watching the championship this week but this

Dec 1, 2018, 12:22 AM

year they have a game to play

Well, they did once

Dec 1, 2018, 7:49 AM

And they still have nightmares of Scam Newton

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Dec 1, 2018, 8:01 AM

Dec 1, 2018, 3:59 PM

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic