Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Kirk Herbstreit explains why he dropped Clemson to No. 3 in his rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

TNET: Kirk Herbstreit explains why he dropped Clemson to No. 3 in his rankings

Nov 5, 2020, 10:06 AM

Kirk Herbstreit explains why he dropped Clemson to No. 3 in his rankings

ESPN analyst Kirk Herbstreit released his top six rankings this week with Alabama, followed by Ohio State, Clemson, Georgia, Notre Dame, and BYU. Herbstreit exp Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope his kids give him a bunch of

Nov 5, 2020, 10:10 AM

sh*t over thanksgiving for doing that. Just sayin...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Re: I hope his kids give him a bunch of

Nov 6, 2020, 12:47 AM

Does he not realize that Clemson had a true freshman QB making his first start, who had little to no game type practice for that week, and without two of their top WRs, and minus an all-AC DT, and two starting LBs??? And playing a decent 4-2 BC team? What a freaking moron!!!

Kirk knows that we've always played better with a chip on

Nov 5, 2020, 10:26 AM

our shoulders. This was completely intentional on his part, does anyone else not see this?

Re: Kirk knows that we've always played better with a chip on

Nov 5, 2020, 10:28 AM

Can’t argue with this. The last two weeks the Tigers haven’t looked like America’s best team. A chance Saturday to return to the top.

a good win Saturday night and we will move back up.***

Nov 5, 2020, 11:00 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kirk knows that we've always played better with a chip on

Nov 5, 2020, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Kirk knows that we've always played better with a chip on ]

Even when teams "load the box", we need to be able to push for 2-3 yards when we need it. Our run blocking has not been stellar. We knew this was going to be an area of concern coming in, having lost 4 starters on the OL.

The new line is very young, and missed having the spring to work together.

It would be nice to have that number 1 spot when the playoffs start, the number 4 will be far weaker than the top 3. Once we get to playoff time, we need to be healthy and playing our best.

I'm still confident that we'll be hanging another championship banner after the season is done.

Go Tigers!

I see a SEC company man trying to keep HIS school

Nov 5, 2020, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Kirk knows that we've always played better with a chip on ]

In the national media.

OSU has played a now 0-2 team who lost to INDIANA and a winless Nebraska. 2 whole games.

Bama played less games than clemson and let crappy o miss put 40 on them . Best win was uga who beat Kentucky by a soccer score.

Nothing, i mean nothing that has been put on the actual field of play would justify any of these changes.

Just homerism.

Boo this man

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I see a SEC company man trying to keep HIS school

Nov 5, 2020, 10:59 AM

They've actually played an 0-1 Nebraska and an 0-2 Penn State. They have that Big Ten juggernaut, Rutgers, this weekend.

Message was edited by: EdistoIslandTiger®

Message was edited by: EdistoIslandTiger®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey now, Ole Miss hung 48 on Mighty Bama. Don’t shortchange them.***

Nov 5, 2020, 12:26 PM [ in reply to I see a SEC company man trying to keep HIS school ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

It's Hard To Win!

Nov 5, 2020, 12:38 PM

The BC QB came from Notre Dame.
The HC came from Ohio State(for BC).

They are not a bad team by any stretch and we played bad in the 1st half. Give them credit.

Now, at this juncture, who cares if Herbstreit drops us! He isn't the determining factor we need. This point in the season is not where it counts.
As long as we get in - I do not believe anybody is out there that can beat a fully loaded Clemson squad. Remember - OSU is facing a real possibility of not playing a game. They will also have to navigate through Covid as will Alabama! Those squads do not play as many people and could be hurt a lot more by missing key players for key games!

I am not worried about KH ranking at all! Just as long as the playoff committee has us top 4.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit explains why he dropped Clemson to No. 3 in his rankings

Nov 5, 2020, 10:32 AM

.....because eSECpn.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit explains why he dropped Clemson to No. 3 in his rankings

Nov 5, 2020, 10:54 AM

When did Ohio State join the SEC?

We have not looked like a top 3 team in the last 2 games.***

Nov 5, 2020, 10:37 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

At times, we absolutely have...

Nov 5, 2020, 10:56 AM

Clemson fans have gotten spoiled and look for perfection and blow-out wins week-in and week-out. They lose sight of the fact that other teams have good coaches and talented scholarship athletes too, and we're going to get everyone's best shot.

As Dabo says, it is incredibly difficult to win every week and go undefeated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Horse hockey.***

Nov 5, 2020, 5:08 PM [ in reply to We have not looked like a top 3 team in the last 2 games.*** ]

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Nov 5, 2020, 10:53 AM

Especially this year, every week is a beauty contest and we not been pretty the last couple of weeks. Blowing out the weak ACC teams the last few years has spoiled us as fans and the media and just winning is not good enough any more. Huge opportunity Saturday night in the spotlight in South Bend to show what we can do.

Cause osu and bama have blown much

Nov 5, 2020, 5:12 PM

Better teams off the field 6 times?

But ur right. Modern media rule 42

"When you have no logic.. just revert to eye test. "

Nov 5, 2020, 11:43 AM

To hear a couple of those guys,

https://www.tigernet.com/update/Kirk-Herbstreit-explains-why-he-dropped-Clemson-to-No-3-in-his-rankings-36718

to talk about the # of games that OSU plays, and hoping that it won't matter to the committee is just f-ing crazy talk. The less games they play, the less of a chance they have of their star players receiving season ending injuries just like the teams that may lose a star player in their 8th, 9th, 10th game that they will play in, and then include the conference championship game. That just isn't even close to being fare to the teams that will play 10-11 games before going into the playoffs. I say that it is insane to give OSU that big of an advantage going into the playoff that the other teams in the playoffs would not have had.

It should be that all teams that play in the playoffs should have played at least the 10 games even if they don't play in a championship game, even though some teams will need a conference championship game to get in. Then they will say that OSU won't have to do either and they're in, that just bias BS. That would be no different than saying that Clemson, Bama, and UGA would only have to play a few warm up games, then go straight into the playoffs. The FB world would not stand for that a second, so why allow it to happen for OSU? That would be supreme bias favoritism at the highest degree!!!!

After all, it was the Big 10's choice to try and get everybody to follow them with a no college FB season. And when they saw that the other conferences was going to play FB after their firmative no season for the big 10, they saw if they didn't back away from their said firm no, then they took their time putting a season together starting over a full month before ever playing a down, and now the talking head want to give them elite favoritism. IMO, that would be worse than matching the boxing heavyweight champion up to fight the super featherweight champion up for 10 round championship fight!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2020, 12:35 PM

Did you catch that last line? Herbie says Notre Dame this weekend at #5 has an opportunity to show what they can do. No mention of an opportunity for Clemson, reeling from injuries and COVID and playing on the road against a Top 5 team, to show what they can do. At this point we have no avenues to impress anyone. Wins over Top 7 teams like Miami are written off as Miami not being back. Trevor and Etienne tumble in the Heisman rankings while a guy at Alabama throws to wide open receivers with all the time in the world and becomes the favorite. I’d like to see him play behind our line with our play calling and route running.

Nov 5, 2020, 1:33 PM

I guess Herbstreit has forgot that we had already played 6 games getting player injured unlike the two games that OSU has played!!!

Clemson was playing with a near healthy team when we were punishing who ever we played, and I would like to see any of the darling top 10 teams play with their starting QB, and with true Freshman backup QB, and without 3 of their top defensive players that are leaders on their defense like LB-James Skalski, DT-Tyler Davis, and a very talented DE as a Mike Jones.

Kelly have already proven that he would postpone a game with that many star starters out the game. But our HC hasn't even blinked an eye, and he fully intends to load up what he does have to play, and he is headed to South Bend Indiana to take on #4th-5th ranked ND in their backyard, and some ASSHate ranks us #3 even after so many of our starters were out, and we had to come back down 18 points in the second half to win the game with a bunch of backup players and a backup QB starting his first ever college game.

Screw him, and any other A$$Hole that's wants to put our Tigers down bc they had to perform at top level to win with a wounded Tiger team. FKum, FK them all, Go Tigers!!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

Nov 5, 2020, 1:49 PM

If Clemson beats a top five team with five starters out and a backup true freshman QB, is there any doubt who is the number one team in the country??? Of course that is assuming said person has a modicum of intelligence.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good Point!

Nov 5, 2020, 6:11 PM

prefab® said:

If Clemson beats a top five team with five starters out and a backup true freshman QB, is there any doubt who is the number one team in the country??? Of course that is assuming said person has a modicum of intelligence.

Great question; in my mind there shouldn't be any questions! Who else could do that?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He didn't start crying again did he?***

Nov 5, 2020, 2:07 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2020, 6:55 PM

He’s entitled to his opinion, but really, why would anyone give a #### what he thinks anyway? He acts like he’s God’s gift to college football, but in reality he’s just another talking head with an inflated sense of his opinions about... most everything.

And he could really stand to lay off of the jelly doughnuts. He looks like he’s put on some bad lbs. by the looks of his fat face.

Who cares???***

Nov 5, 2020, 7:25 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic