Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kirk Herbstriet - nice guy, but soft and utterly clueless about what ordinary people..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Kirk Herbstriet - nice guy, but soft and utterly clueless about what ordinary people..

Sep 6, 2020, 10:28 AM

deal with on a daily basis.

He does not have to worry about the issues most Americans face. Gated community. The best of everything. People kissing up to him.

Kirk Herbstriet does not see, up close, the hell that takes place in a Wal-Mary. The attitudes. The chaos.

Totally inoculated to the reality most people see and face

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Say that to his face. You don't know any more about Kirk

Sep 6, 2020, 10:57 AM

Herbstreet's life than anyone else on Tigernet.

Crying is not showing a lack of manhood. Some of the toughest men I've known in my life are not afraid to cry. If you have ever played or coached a team sport you should know that people who have passion are usually the leaders of the team. Crying doesn't make you weak, it is simply a release of that passion. Kirk's comments and emotion yesterday is I'm sure tied in part to his sons being members of the Clemson team and having to face the reality of racism in 2020. I was in the 4th grade when desegregation began in 1968. It is shameful that there is still racism in this Country in 2020.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree.

Sep 6, 2020, 11:05 AM

Racism is a curse on earth, whether black on white racism or white on black racism.

Re: Agree.

Sep 6, 2020, 6:25 PM

It is as old as the division of races. There is no complete cure for it and acting like utopia is the goal is dishonest. There is not systematic racism in the USA. There are racists, but not a system of racism.
Statistically speaking, violence is a problem in the African American community. Black on black violence is the major problem. Statistically white on black violence is virtually non existent.
Check the emotions and look at the statistics.

Re: Agree.

Sep 7, 2020, 9:19 PM

How do you know?
How are you an expert on race, bigotry, injustice, people, stereotyping, prejudice and perceptions? Also how do you know and issue decrees related to how this country was founded and structured? As well as, how can you be the expert about how leaders orchestrated, coordinated, managed and arranged all laws and policies from 1770s thru 1800s and 1900s?

But let's get to an easy few questions:
Were there laws and policies that did not recognize people of color as equal to whites particularly white property owners?
Were there laws that did not allow people of color the same opportunities as others mainly whites?
Are there actions today that impact males of color more than other males in the US?

Just curious, but if you are the expert, it is nice to know that there is no systemic or as you state systematic racism. Nice for a white male 50+ born, raised and educated in SC to know this. Wahooo we're all treated equally by laws, governments, businesses, public associations and groups.

Maybe you should tell the people of color that you know, work with and encounter. Share your expertise with them as you obviously know more than others. Don't just keep your erudite leadership and sage insights here on Tigernet. Release your wisdom to the world.

Showing off his range as a thespian...

Sep 6, 2020, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Say that to his face. You don't know any more about Kirk ]

I'd like him blood & 10 panel hair tested before handing him a dramatic role in cinema or television-or could be in the midst of a mid life crisis evoking his attention ##### behavior

Re: Say that to his face. You don't know any more about Kirk

Sep 6, 2020, 6:18 PM [ in reply to Say that to his face. You don't know any more about Kirk ]

Yes all racism...and capitalize all

Re: Say that to his face. You don't know any more about Kirk

Sep 6, 2020, 6:18 PM [ in reply to Say that to his face. You don't know any more about Kirk ]

Yes all racism...and capitalize all

Yeah and it’s all white peoples fault***

Sep 6, 2020, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Say that to his face. You don't know any more about Kirk ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kirk Herbstriet - nice guy, but soft and utterly clueless about what ordinary people..

Sep 6, 2020, 12:53 PM

What’s so wrong about him crying?

Did he sling snot on somebody or sumpn?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kirk Herbstriet - nice guy, but soft and utterly clueless about what ordinary people..

Sep 6, 2020, 2:10 PM

Because it wasn’t genuine, it was virtue signaling nonsense for his handlers at espn. It was the most absurd thing I’ve ever seen. You know it, I know it, anyone with a brain know it.

Just because all people don't have equal outcomes in life does not

Sep 6, 2020, 2:18 PM

Mean there are systematic systems in place to hold said people down. There is some racism in some people of all colors, and that is wrong. The new "woke" crowd wants to use the specific things the media is pushing to break people into certain people groups, white, black, gay, trans etc... They can then use this to cause a conflict between their perceived oppressors, white men, and the oppressed, ie everyone else. They will use terms like systematic racism to say all white men who don't accept their theories as racist. No one wants to be deemed a racist so they don argue back. You have to think about the end goal of the movement, which must be equal outcomes for all.
What form of government ideally gives equal outcomes to all?

Just because all people don't have equal outcomes in life does not

Sep 6, 2020, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Kirk Herbstriet - nice guy, but soft and utterly clueless about what ordinary people.. ]

Mean there are systematic systems in place to hold said people down. There is some racism in some people of all colors, and that is wrong. The new "woke" crowd wants to use the specific things the media is pushing to break people into certain people groups, white, black, gay, trans etc... They can then use this to cause a conflict between their perceived oppressors, white men, and the oppressed, ie everyone else. They will use terms like systematic racism to say all white men who don't accept their theories as racist. No one wants to be deemed a racist so they don argue back. You have to think about the end goal of the movement, which must be equal outcomes for all.
What form of government ideally gives equal outcomes to all?

Sep 7, 2020, 12:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Kirk Herbstriet - nice guy, but soft and utterly clueless about what ordinary people.. ]

Right. He just chose to start crying about this bu not any of the other stories, ever. He was obviously genuinely emotional. You’re lying to yourself.

This is football, not theater. Leave the theatrics

Sep 6, 2020, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Kirk Herbstriet - nice guy, but soft and utterly clueless about what ordinary people.. ]

for your own time. Don't come on my TV during a football game promoting your opinions about things that have nothing to do with football. Use your Twitter account or whatever to promote your beliefs and opinions. Don't take the fans' time promoting your beliefs or political stances. Stick to football commentating during football games and related activities. Don't use your platform to promote anything other than what you're paid to do - comment on football.

Re: This is football, not theater. Leave the theatrics

Sep 7, 2020, 1:03 AM

The players’ lives and life experiences don’t have anything to do with football? They aren’t robots invented for your entertainment.

The more appropriate response would be, “wow, he really cares about this”. Whether you agree with his response or not, saying he was faking it is just ridiculous.

He is probably the most popular ESPN football broadcaster. You think he did this to secure his job or to “virtue signal”? He could “virtue signal” without the tears.

You guys are the worst representation of fans. You make me ashamed to be a Clemson fan.

Sep 7, 2020, 12:28 AM

Soft? Because he got emotional of something that he genuinely cares about? Give me a break.

He got upset because he realizes that he doesn’t have to put up with what the black players said they experienced. They aren’t making it up.

W T F did Herbstreit say today...

Sep 7, 2020, 1:10 AM

That brought you to this conclusion?

This may be dumber than your defense of Lou Holtz.

Provide exact quotes and explain to me carefully what's wrong with them. And if you can't, S T F U and admit you don't know what you're talking about.

Yeah, Bulldog, I know you've been here for a long time but so have I and you've been pumping out some solid gold leg humper UGA BS lately.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

how did u reach for “inoculated” as part of your close-out phrase

Sep 7, 2020, 10:55 AM

weird

I met Kirk H. in Santa Clara, he didn’t come across that way at all.

Sep 7, 2020, 11:49 AM

Nice, gracious to an obvious Clemson fanatic (me) in mixed group, where he didn’t even need to acknowledge my existence.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Sep 7, 2020, 1:15 PM

You are probably correct on most of your assumptions.

OTOH, Kirk has talked to hundreds more black kids than you about the obstacles that they and the people they grew up with still face.

You’re right, how could someone who never played sports with or against

Sep 7, 2020, 2:04 PM

underprivileged black kids possibly understand their struggles?

I mean, it would be one thing if he had teammates who dealt with that. It would also help his cause if he played college football and saw what some of those minorities went through.

Oh wait, that’s right, he did play football all the way into adulthood. He had a lot of teammates who were black who dealt with racism, real or perceived.

But since he’s well off, you judge him and think he can’t possibly understand. Attitudes like yours are no better than those who judge someone based on the color of their skin.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Leave...

Sep 7, 2020, 9:33 PM

no one cares here what you think. Take it to the puppy bored.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic