Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kirk H needs to realize Clemson had a freshmen QB and many freshmen
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Kirk H needs to realize Clemson had a freshmen QB and many freshmen

Nov 1, 2020, 6:45 PM

Playing Saturday and BC is not a door mat. I would bet that BC could beat many SEC teams. IMO the ACC is a much stronger league this year. Also some key players were out. DJ a freshman making his first start was outstanding! The Defense played lights out In the 2nd half. I wonder of OSU could have comeback from such a deficit??

Kirk is brainwashed by the SEC and OSU. Both overrated IMO!

Without the coaching staff , the heart and soul of the players and support from the fans Clemson could have folded up and Quit. Instead they showed the heart of a Champion held a pretty good BC team to Zero points in the 2nd half and made some great plays in the 2nd half.

IMO this is what a number 1 ranked team would and should accomplish. ??????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

h does that's why he has us at 2***

Nov 1, 2020, 6:49 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kirk H needs to realize Clemson had a freshmen QB and many freshmen

Nov 1, 2020, 6:58 PM

Nobody wears more orange tinted glasses than I do. And I am confident that - when we play to our full ability and potential - we are equal to Bama or 031O State.

HOWEVER, the way we played y’day - and against UVA at times (WITH Trevor) - were we playing Bama, they would have boat raced us.

More often as not, Kirk has been complimentary of our Tigers; but I for one do not, nor cannot, fault him for this current assessment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Nov 1, 2020, 7:04 PM

Nor do I fault him. He has a job with expectations, but every ranking is premature until the season is over, especially the top few teams.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm unsure why any even care

Nov 1, 2020, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Kirk H needs to realize Clemson had a freshmen QB and many freshmen ]

Win this week and we have the best win on paper in the country. In the road at a top 4 team without the Heisman frontrunner. Lose and the committee will take in to account who we were without and we'd get another shot at ND.

Who is going to be another marquee win for Bama? Is there a marquee win on Ohio St.'s schedule at all?

We do this dance every year and it means absolutely nothing.

Re: I'm unsure why any even care

Nov 1, 2020, 7:14 PM

True for 031O State, but Bama has the SECCG, plus the aTm W if the Aggies win out.

(okay, maybe I’m just being argumentative, but if Bama steam rolls the SEC, it will be hyped ad nauseam....)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure it will, but it still doesnt matter

May 4, 2012, 11:31 PM

Never has. Top 4 will play, and if our only loss is at ND without Trevor, we'll be in. We lose twice to ND we dont deserve to be in.

The mid and bottom of the SEC is way down this year, as in really bad. Vandy, Coots, ole Mi$$, Hail State, and Mizzou are awful. LSU, UT, Awbarn, UK mediocre. Florida is OK, Jawja has little to no offense. aTm will gag one or 2.

Bama is like we normally have been in a mediocre ACC. But the ACC is better this year. The SEC is not, and the B1G is embarrassing.

At VT wont be easy in November for us, and they are also better than anyone the Bucknuts or Bammer plays the rest of the way

Re: Sure it will, but it still doesnt matter

Nov 1, 2020, 7:49 PM

I believe that Bama has gotten the more favorable ‘tune up’ game in the semis in the past. Losing Mackenzie Alexander (and Lawson?) against OU hurt us vs Bama in the ‘16 Natty. This year will be an even easier 1st round game for #1 - with much less prep/recovery time due to the season going deeper into December.

So, yes, who ends up ‘where’ matters...

I believe the #1 seed has only won once

Nov 1, 2020, 7:54 PM

and that was last year. That LSU team was very arguably the best ever, no offense at all to our 2016 team. They had 14 players drafted, that's 65% of the starting 22

Nov 2, 2020, 12:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Kirk H needs to realize Clemson had a freshmen QB and many freshmen ]

I agree that we played out of sync the first half but came out and played like the #1 team in the 2nd half. OSU played a little sloppy in the first half Saturday too. Bama did play a quality opponent and UGA did not light up the score board either. And ND beat GT but we buried GT. So I don’t see how we could have slipped down the rankings per KH since we made such a great comeback against a pretty solid BC team. But to come back from 21 points at one time with a freshman QB, IMO is pretty dang good. Next BC could win 9 to 10 games. BC may win that many this year. They are well coached and have a lot of talented players. IMO BC is as good as several SEC teams.

I would like to see OSU, Bama, and UGA play BC based on similar circumstances that Clemson played under Sat.

If you take away ETN’s fumble and the fake punt that is possibly a14 point swing. Clemson then covers the 25 point spread. Very uncharacteristic play by the Tigers in the first half in several years. And in the first half the defense seemed to be playing in slow motion and the D backs gave up a lot of long passes. In the 2nd half the Defense shut BC down and the offense settled down too. BC was held scoreless in the 2nd half. And Clemson scored on 5 consecutive possessions. I would say Clemson played like the heart of the number 1 team.

BC also caught a lot of breaks and got away with a lot of holding. IMO the officiating was below average.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope....

Nov 2, 2020, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Kirk H needs to realize Clemson had a freshmen QB and many freshmen ]

"HOWEVER, the way we played y’day - and against UVA at times (WITH Trevor) - were we playing Bama, they would have boat raced us"

Nope..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Somewhat in his defense, he rates from week to week,

Nov 1, 2020, 7:07 PM

doing what the CFP is supposed to do, starting with a clean slate each week. As such, the team he saw on the field for us Saturday did not rate as the number one team in the country. I got no real problem with it, as it is as meaningless as UsuK's football program at this point in time.

Doesn’t really matter what Kirk thinks

Nov 1, 2020, 7:57 PM

We just need to keep winning.

I’m most concerned with our run blocking. If Galloway can’t block he doesn’t need to be on the field. Our OL is struggling enough as it is. We don’t throw to the TE at all. Might as well put a blocker in there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2020, 8:29 PM

Well he does have a financial stake in Clemson University so I could see how he takes the low hanging fruit by using the recent misfortune of the the teams health to throw some shade.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2020, 7:39 AM

The same guys who were freshmen in the first half were freshmen in the second half. The same guys who were injured and not playing in the first half were injured and not playing in the second half. The fact we dominated the second half with the same players who got pushed around in the first half means you can't blame injuries or inexperience on the first half result. We came out flat and got punched in the mouth. Any other explanation is just an excuse. Us getting dinged a bit in the rankings for playing our worst half of regular season football in years doesn't seem to be unfair.

Herbie is still and $-EZ homer IMO...

Nov 2, 2020, 8:05 AM

Bama gives up 48 points and nearly 650 yards of total offense to a 2-4 Ole Sis team in a game that was tied mid way through the 4th quarter, and suddenly Bama is No. 1 after wins against below average Tennessee and Mississippi State?

OK !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

^^^this^^^***

Nov 2, 2020, 8:19 AM

Nov 2, 2020, 8:39 AM

Man, everybody chillax. Win out and we are in. Lose one and we are in. Lose two and we don't deserve to be in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPEcDg6mUsM&ab_channel=coolcoolcool

Let's focus on ND ! Win that one and our odds go way up ! Go Tigers !!

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic