Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kinda sux if UGA moved to Monday night. Traditionally
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,539

Kinda sux if UGA moved to Monday night. Traditionally

Jan 21, 2013, 5:21 PM

this game is played on Saturday the only exception being the 1982 one in Athens. Moving it to Monday night is all about TV not about the fans.

Clemson's fans travel good on Saturdays. They do not travel as well during the week because we are a blue collar school with fans who work for a living (farming, forestry, architecture, etc.) and also take their football seriously. The Orange Bowl was not well attended on Wednesday night. Unless you are playing in a city most Thursday night games are not well attended or even played at places not in an urban setting.

I really do not want the start of our football season, which could be so special this year, to start off where we have a large segment of Tiger fans who will not be able to come and make Death Valley as loud and intimidating as ever. Say no to Monday night and lets start this thing off with Game Day and a night kickoff on SATURDAY NIGHT. JMHO.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Monday night can be good for us too.

Jan 21, 2013, 5:25 PM

Sat night would be a split audience even if we are the best game on, its split. Monday night we would ahve all the attention. Holiday. I would love it. I can go to monday games. I am a pastor in s Ga. Cant go to late saturday night game before Sunday AM.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kinda sux if UGA moved to Monday night. Traditionally

Jan 21, 2013, 5:26 PM

you summed it up. it isnt about the fans because they already have the ticket money. game crowd is an afterthought the way these bozos give tv free reign.

if some jerk at ESPN decides we must pay at 3 am on a tuesday guess what we'd have to do. bgger tv money makes this only worse

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear you, but this was not a problem in 2007

Jan 21, 2013, 5:34 PM

when we opened up with FSU. I think that Tiger fans will come out and do whatever they have to do to be at this game. Plus being the only game on tv in front of the nation while we host Georgia would be huge for recruiting. I like it!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great crowd for that game***

Jan 21, 2013, 6:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2013, 5:43 PM

wont happen , in fact dont bring it up again . How do I know you may ask? Georgia has the Gamechickens the following week and a Monday game would put them on a short week for the SEC East opener.

I was reminded that we play SC State 5 days later but

Jan 21, 2013, 5:43 PM

UGA would have to play the Coots. I don't see them agreeing to just 5 days to get ready for one of their biggest conference matchups. Do you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was reminded that we play SC State 5 days later but

Jan 21, 2013, 5:50 PM

thats what I said wont happen UGA will not agree to a Monday night game especially the first game of the year followed by an SEC East rival.

This game will be a complete sellout even on Monday

Jan 21, 2013, 5:46 PM

night..Death Valley was completely full on Monday Night in 2007 vs. FSU. With Clemson being in the Top 10 perhaps to start next season,I miss your point entirely.

I'd go and take Tuesday off!***

Jan 21, 2013, 6:37 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dawgs don't want a short week i think they start conf

Jan 21, 2013, 6:52 PM

play the next sat

Who cares if it's Monday night or 3am on Wednesday......

Jan 21, 2013, 7:05 PM

morning? DV will be packed and LOUD no matter what for this game!!

Jan 21, 2013, 7:13 PM

It also hurts recruiting. HS players have practice on Monday and have to be in school Tuesday morning. Would limit visits to those targets only in the upstate. GA, FSU, GATech, we only have 3 atmosphere games for recruits. Would hate to see this game played on Monday.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,539
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic