Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
On Campus Testing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

On Campus Testing

Oct 21, 2020, 9:55 AM

Clemson has got to be part of a national study on Covid-19. Why else would we be testing all on-campus residents 100% every week. That Birx woman was at Clemson early in the school year. I'm quite sure they set this up then. I feel so sorry for the Clemson students to have to endure this mistreatment by the administration. They are suffering, and no one seems to give a crap.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

WRONG BOARD MORAN!!!***

Oct 21, 2020, 9:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: WRONG BOARD MORAN!!!***

Oct 21, 2020, 9:59 AM

I rest my case. And by the way congrats on the 100,000 the other day.

Re: On Campus Testing

Oct 21, 2020, 10:13 AM

What mistreatment?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 10:43 AM

It is mainly the separation from other students they are having to endure. The campus is a ghost town. No classes or sporting events to see friends. Dining hall restrictions keep groups of friends from eating together. 100% Covid-19 testing every week causes anxiety. Sequestering threat if you get around someone that tests positive. 90% online classes (and labs).
I would be going crazy under these circumstances.

Oct 21, 2020, 11:10 AM

lol, you are describing being a PhD student

On campus 365 = ghost towns for all but 32 weeks. No sporting events to see friends - because if you were on scholarship/assistantship you did not qualify for student tickets AND you were to busy for friends. You DEFINITELY didn't take classes with "friends" -why would you hang with that group of 3 other loonies. Dining hall was the vending machine next to the lab or more roman/peanut butter from home - I don't think I stepped into a proper "dining hall" once in 6 years. Sure Fernow Cafe and Hendrix some before a class if I had the time, but that was it. Seclusion anxiety most definitely. Self sequestering during comprehensive exams (or quals). Testing seemed weekly....

I say I was well prepared for Covid during my PhD. Heck while writing my dissertation, I did not leave my home from September through March (Defense was over spring break) and then again until the submission deadline in April.

Welcome to the Gulag!

Oct 21, 2020, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Re: On Campus Testing ]

Comrade.

Oct 21, 2020, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: On Campus Testing ]

My daughter is a freshman and on campus and has had to quarantine because of a positive test. She and I both feel like Clemson set her and other friends who tested positive up in a nice place just off campus. They delivered food so she could still use her meal plan and all went well and now she is back in the dorm. No anxiety and no sense of mistreatment but then again I raised her not to feel entitled and to focus on the work at hand and to make the best of any situation instead of being a whiner.

Oct 21, 2020, 10:21 AM

As someone with CITIES Human Subject Research Certification both while at Clemson as since, it would be clear and out front if that was happening. Good loardy, I can even imagine the IRB headache.

I just did behavioral/social vector research and the lead up time was significant. All has to be disclosed upfront, especially with both students and prisoners (history there) - you can do secret studies like the concept you are proposing.

https://about.citiprogram.org/en/homepage/

Duke is testing 2x/week***

Oct 21, 2020, 11:25 AM

Re: Duke is testing 2x/week***

Oct 21, 2020, 11:30 AM

Wow... hard to believe.

Re: Duke is testing 2x/week***

Oct 21, 2020, 12:04 PM

They use the method (can't recall the name) where they group, say, 10 individual tests into one and test that sample. If it is positive, they go back and re-test just those 10 people.

It's hugely more efficient since most tests are negative.

i test my wife daily

Oct 21, 2020, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Duke is testing 2x/week*** ]

She will confirm this. Some days I test her 3 or 4 times.

People adapt. No big deal.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kids are not suffering. My daughter is loving it

Oct 21, 2020, 12:02 PM

And she tested positive.

She didn't like the isolation but is still enjoying being on campus.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Kids are not suffering. My daughter is loving it

Oct 21, 2020, 12:20 PM

Thanks for that honest first person insight...as opposed to the original post

Re: Kids are not suffering. My daughter is loving it

Oct 21, 2020, 12:29 PM

My son is a freshman at Clemson. He is enjoying being away from home, but he wishes he lived off campus where there is more to do right now. There are less restrictions off campus. He wants to go to class. He wants more interaction with real people. He wants to actually learn something in a lab. He makes high A's all the time, but he knows how much more fun it would be on campus if the students could go back to normal. Again, If I were a freshman, I would go crazy in this environment.

Seems ur son is following the rules better

Oct 21, 2020, 1:23 PM

Than my daughter.

I told her not to party or else she would get the covid. Didn't listen.

In fact. Her and a group of her dorm mates spent last weekend partying at SCar.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Was she in that picture from The State standing in line in

Oct 21, 2020, 1:29 PM

5 Points?

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic