Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kendal Briles FSU OC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Kendal Briles FSU OC

Apr 4, 2019, 2:29 PM

Was asked what he thinks of having to play Clemson every year. His response "Clemson has to play us"

I guess our 7 TD victory isn't humbling enough for him, I like his spark but I like his humor more thinking like this.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude is trash. Like we needed another reason to dislike FSU.

Sep 30, 2017, 9:44 PM

Taggart hiring that guy is proof he's desperate for a quick fix as no one should touch a Briles with a ten-foot pole.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dude is trash. Like we needed another reason to dislike FSU.

Apr 4, 2019, 3:40 PM

I wouldn't touch him if i HAD a ten foot pole...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dude is trash. Like we needed another reason to dislike FSU.

Apr 4, 2019, 9:51 PM

I would use the 10 foot pole to beat him silly. FSU has always been trash, old Spurrier had them nailed . Now with the clan of Briles there you just know the police blotter will need pages added.

I thought Kendal Jenner was their OC

Apr 4, 2019, 2:44 PM

or was it Caitlin?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kendal Briles FSU OC

Apr 4, 2019, 2:50 PM

I will grant him that he has a pair of socks but,

We must play South Carolina too....

isn't he brand new?

Apr 4, 2019, 2:55 PM

what would last years 7 TD win have to do with a newly hired OC?

Now if it was TAggart saying that I would agree with you.

Re: isn't he brand new?

Apr 4, 2019, 3:33 PM

Because it's still FSU, still the same offensive players if not worse after that bad recruiting class and others declaring, still the same defense that got torched by TL's arm etc. He's talking about FSU not himself. He didn't say "they have to go through me" he said us as in we have to go through them to make it and it's a disrespect thing for the context he said it in. It has everything to do with his team.

You think that FSU roster was full of scrubs or something??

Apr 5, 2019, 4:19 PM

That FSU team was full of NFL talent. 2nd most talented team in the ACC easy (could be argued to have the most talent potential wise) YOu telling me CAM Akers(#1 RB Rivals), Jacques Patrick, Deandre Francois, Nyquan Murray, George Campbell (#1 WR Rivals), Marvin Wilson (#1 DT #2 Overall Player), Demarkus Christmas, Brian Burns (1st team all ACC), Levonte Taylor (#1 CB Rivals, #10 overall player) are scrubs?

Need to do your homework. If this guy puts together the same type of offense he had at Baylor you'll see a significant difference in their viability this year bc they still return most those guys i named.

Last year it was offensive coaching, motivation issues, and offensive line was bad for two/three years straight. Coaching didn't offer an answer for such a porous line. But they were not just bad they were horrible coaching wise to have that good of a team and be that bad. There was absolutely no reason to be that awful. Those kids just gave up.

and at the end of the day....what you expect him to say?

Re: You think that FSU roster was full of scrubs or something??

Apr 5, 2019, 5:21 PM

Point well taken about the raw talent they can muster, but it’s still gonna take a while for Taggart’s new emphasis on character to mesh with Jimbo’s less-than-savory recruiting leftovers. Francois is just one example - it’s bigger than just him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-state-seminoles/chopping-block/os-sp-fsu-willie-taggart-player-discipline-20180521-story,amp.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tampabay.com/sports/fsu-seminoles/2019/02/03/deondre-francois-dismissed-from-fsu-football-team/%3ftemplate=amp

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Apr 5, 2019, 6:55 PM [ in reply to You think that FSU roster was full of scrubs or something?? ]

People are sleeping on "the scheme"!

I can't stand FSU. But, this was a good hire for their offense. Baylor is not a destination school in the mid west like A&M, Texas, Oklahoma or even Oklahoma St. They won with the players the others looked over!(see their average recruiting ranking when they lit up college football fields). It's no question something to keep an eye one.

And, I agree. Taggert is trying to rebuild a program that had "ALREADY BEEN RAN INTO THE GROUND". Jimbo caught lightning in a bottle having Jameis and KB and company there at the same time. Mr. Crab legs is a decent QB despite all his trouble. I think they may(may not) have had Pruitt or Grantham as their DC when they won it too. But, the house was crumbling even when they won it.
Formidable talent no question. But, Clemson has beaten a more talented roster that was better. Better on and off the field top to bottom; FSU has a lot of work to do to clean up some of that business!
We'll be ready and beat them; but you can't just dismiss the threat they present!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2019, 8:05 PM [ in reply to You think that FSU roster was full of scrubs or something?? ]

I never said they're scrubs you just failed to read properly. I'm saying their team will be worse this year than last year after last years team got torched I wouldn't expect us to "have to go through FSU" like it's some sort of crazy feat.

Apr 4, 2019, 4:20 PM

Who is Kendal Briles and why are we scared of her?

Apr 4, 2019, 6:00 PM

The only question is whether or not Briles can coach the quit out of that team. Sometimes that takes 2-3 years to cycle out the players who allowed that whole season to happen. Scheme and talent are secondary.

Apr 4, 2019, 6:23 PM

I'm pretty sure that before FSU hired Kendal, the only thing she was famous for was being Khloe's sister, and maybe a sex tape with an NBA player or something.

Did they ask him his thoughts on players

Apr 4, 2019, 11:12 PM

###### coeds?

Briles is perfect for fsu...

Apr 5, 2019, 4:50 PM

Someone needed to know the bail bondmans phone numbers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2019, 5:13 PM

What's he supposed to say? Wouldn't be fun if everyone just admits defeat in the spring.

That said, no amount of sage playcalling by him will matter as long as they have that atrocious line blocking.

Apr 5, 2019, 8:07 PM

"it'll be a good challenge every year"
"I look forward to the great competition"
"Our players are excited for the opportunity to get back out there and show they can compete with them"
"We're gonna lose every year, I'm terrified"
"Help I shouldn't have taken this job"

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic