Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kelly Bryant will be missed - but be honest with yourselves
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,708

Kelly Bryant will be missed - but be honest with yourselves

Sep 26, 2018, 12:19 PM

I agree wholeheartedly with Dabo's initial comments about KB's character. He is most definitely first class and a good QB. IF we are honest with ourselves ...when T-Law first committed to Clemson, we all knew there would be the 2017 season, the year we would be plugging a hole between D. Watson's departure and Trevor's arrival. KB more than exceeded expectations last year. But below is a list of facts about Clemson's situation as well as KB's:

1) Yes we are down to two capable QB's. This is not that uncommon. No team in the country can expect to have 4 QB's stay on a roster that all have expectations of playing.

2) I completely disagree with KB's comments in the Greenville News today. It does not change my opinion of him. "I've never been in trouble with anything" and "to me, it was kind of a slap in the face" ... Not getting in trouble is what is expected of anyone. KB was the starting QB for a team that made the CFP last season. He has gotten equal snaps for the most part in the first four games. Yes KB helped us win at Texas A&M but I think we can agree our playcalling in that game was subpar. I disagree with him saying he didn't feel like he got a fair shot. "I've never been a distraction" ....This is a distraction.

3) The new 4 game rule with redshirting is going to be a problem. I think it was intended to help freshmen but will ultimately put coaches in these type spots with upperclassmen.

4) I hate that KB is quitting with this first sign of adversity. It's his SR season, and he has done many things as a Clemson Tiger. This will come across as a young man that took his ball and went home. I do feel its a little more complicated than that. If he is transferring because he wants to play a full senior season somewhere as a starter, I can understand to a degree. If he's leaving because he is hearing NFL talks from people that surround him, then I hate that.

5) Trevor is the better QB. Its just fact. Is he a Freshman? Yes. Will he throw boneheaded picks this season? Yes. Does he open the field up tremendously? No question. You know the best way to FREE ETN? Have 16 in the game.

6) Bama won the National Championship last season ... by benching a guy that was the SEC Offensive Player of the Year his Freshman season. Why? Because they wanted to win it all. What does their offense look like now? They are passing the ball better than ever with Saban. That is a scary though. Its a similar approach we are taking with Trevor. How may times did we hear 'Can KB beat Bama?' this offseason?

Bottom line is this is a hard situation. Hard for KB. Hard for Clemson. Hard for Dabo. Hard for us fans. But we cannot have our cake and eat it too. The coaches, much like I would bet 90% of Clemson fans feel like Trevor should be the starter. I don't disagree. Am I disappointed KB is leaving? Absolutely. But KB will always be a Tiger, and I wish him nothing but good fortune.

Good Luck to you KB, and GO TIGERS.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kelly Bryant will be missed - but be honest with yourselves

Sep 26, 2018, 12:24 PM

I agree completely. And I said the same thing about his comments. Doing everything they ask, not being a distraction or getting into trouble are things all players should be doing anyway, that has nothing to do with being a starter and play on the field. It's just clear as day the offense is more in rhythm with TL. You go from playing in a 10 yard box to playing the entire field with TL. He's just hurt and in his feelings right now, just hope he doesn't regret it being a knee jerk reaction off emotion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

with the new transfer rule, nobody should blame KB for

Sep 26, 2018, 12:29 PM

moving on. That being said, pouting to the press is the worst way to go about it. Dabo did him a HUGE solid by doing this now. He could have kicked the can down the road just ONE MORE WEEK! He did not because he truly loves KB. I will be a huge KB fan wherever he ends up(unless it's USuCk, Jawga, FSU, or OSU). I wish him the best, just hope he learns to travel on the "High road".

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Sep 26, 2018, 12:35 PM

Very well said.

Sep 26, 2018, 12:42 PM

00Grad said:

But we cannot have our cake and eat it too.

I agree with everything you said except the above. You can actually have your cake and eat it too. You just can't eat your cake and have it too.

:)

Sep 26, 2018, 12:43 PM

It seems that so many fans were ready for TL to start that they did not consider the impact on the team if KB were to leave. I wish the coaches could have worked a scenario where both QBs were willing to stay and play together for the team this year. I understand KB's argument that he waited his turn and did all that was asked of him. Unfortunately, that is not how the world always works.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,708
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic