Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
KFC commercials
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 4,982

KFC commercials

Dec 16, 2018, 6:35 PM

They are the most irritating on TV. Want even patronize them anymore. Totally sux.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KFC commercials

Dec 16, 2018, 6:38 PM

Wrong! The most irritating is the Dove candy bar commercial where the young girl turns into an old hag while some woman is singing nasally in French. I mute it every time it comes on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dove chocolate in French for sure! But, Jimmy Dean being

Dec 16, 2018, 8:32 PM

... brought back to life in those sausage commercials is just too creepy.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dove chocolate in French for sure! But, Jimmy Dean being

Dec 17, 2018, 2:45 PM

I like Jimmy Dean so I dont mind them conjuring him up again. KFC's commercials are just nothing - but if they're trying to go for comedy, they need some new writers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

correct

Dec 16, 2018, 6:42 PM

I have no idea why KFC decided to make a mockery of their founder Colonel Sanders in recent years ads. They are going for humor but it just tarnishes his legacy IMO

The Colonel's kids are all probably dead so the grandkids

Dec 16, 2018, 7:09 PM

are running the show ...

That would be my guess.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Colonel's kids are all probably dead so the grandkids

Dec 16, 2018, 7:18 PM

There has not been anyone from "the family " running the show for a long , long time .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because they're not Kentucky Fried Chicken any more

Dec 16, 2018, 8:51 PM [ in reply to correct ]

They're KFC International.

They have no allegiance to Kentucky, the Colonel, Heritage, or Tradition. Just money.

Like most things these days, unfortunately.

Re: correct

Dec 17, 2018, 6:28 AM [ in reply to correct ]

T_I_P said:

I have no idea why KFC decided to make a mockery of their founder Colonel Sanders in recent years ads. They are going for humor but it just tarnishes his legacy IMO

It's like the Burger King commercials with the creepy mask. In the 70's there actually was a guy dressed as Burger King who looked like that.

And that "we don't quit unless it's cable" has gotten so repetitive I can almost mock the coach's hand movements and lip synch his speech.

Re: correct

Dec 17, 2018, 8:56 AM [ in reply to correct ]

My guess is, KFC recognized the Colonel had some interesting things to say in terms of race relations in the U.S. back in his day, and that his ideas may not be so kosher in 2018.

Basically, they want to keep the Colonel as their mascot, but they realize if the idiot millenials wake up and realize WHO the colonel is, the'll get "protested" until they change their name and mascot, or go out of business.

So, I think to keep the Col. and avoid an SJW fiasco, they had to turn him into a joke.

Reminds me of Maurice's BBQ in the midlands.

Dec 17, 2018, 10:03 AM

#### good food but racist as ####.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Dec 16, 2018, 6:43 PM

Both are wrong... this one is the most annoying...
https://youtu.be/4UJP4Ffg6Ms

Dec 16, 2018, 6:46 PM

At least he does it in English.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With Popeye's opening up in Powdersville, I doubt I'll ever

Dec 16, 2018, 6:50 PM

go to KFC ever again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With Popeye's opening up in Powdersville, I doubt I'll ever

Dec 16, 2018, 7:18 PM

Popeye's is the best fast food chicken place I ever ate. Surprised it has taken so long for them to come around here. Bye, bye KFC and Bojangles.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Louzianna faaast!***

Dec 16, 2018, 8:47 PM

most popeyes are just dirty and nasty***

Dec 17, 2018, 6:33 AM [ in reply to Re: With Popeye's opening up in Powdersville, I doubt I'll ever ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I used to get KFC on the brain and within 1 week tops I was

Dec 16, 2018, 6:50 PM

mowwing down on it. Surprisingly since they ditched their baked beans as a side that doesn't happen anymore. Plus I learned how to make better biscuits (as good, okay almost as good, but they deliver).

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can get Red Lobster cheddar bay biscuit mix at the

Dec 16, 2018, 7:10 PM

grocery store ...

Nothing compares.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2018, 7:09 PM

Actually I like the taste of their chicken, and I will order take out there about once a year just to see if they have changed their policy of cooking and serving way undersized chicken that always has broken bones, and especially with the chicken wings, and the wings is my most favorite part of the chicken. And that one thing tells me that they buy up the injured chickens that has been removed from chicken houses and killed. That is the only reason that I can think of for the consistency of broken bone and such very small pieces of chicken. The last time my wife stopped by KFC, she got my usual 4 piece wing dinner, and every wing had broken bones, and I told my wife never again would we be KFC customer. With all 4 wings having broken bones, that done me in. No more finger licking good for me from KFC!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The secret herb is marjoram.***

Dec 16, 2018, 7:15 PM

Dec 16, 2018, 7:19 PM

I hate all commercials!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2018, 8:09 PM

I hate most commercials, but the "Cougars don't quit, unless what, unless it cable" makes me chuckle every time.

Dec 16, 2018, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Re: KFC commercials ]

Rather than making me want a product, ads turn me off.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

worst ad is the one for the worst upcoming show ever

Dec 16, 2018, 8:11 PM

the masked singer

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2018, 7:38 AM

Mazda spread your wings for me. All the previous ones mentioned are also up there. I thought I was the only one.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I HATE the Mazda commercials!!

Dec 17, 2018, 5:04 PM

Plus, I HATE all of the absolutely nonsensical perfume/cologne commercials. But, they typically disappear after Christmas.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

agreed...

Dec 17, 2018, 8:57 AM

the ad agency should be mule whipped...

Dec 17, 2018, 10:13 AM

The most annoying for me has to be the Chevy ones. It's annoying enough to hear them go on and on about the awards they've won, but then you read the print at the bottom and it says the awards are based on the 2013, 2014, and 2015 models. Why am I supposed to care about some JD Power award in the first place, but why am I especially supposed to care that the most recent year you won was in 2015 when it's now 2018? If the award means that much then shouldn't I be buying from whoever won it in 2016, 2017, and 2018 instead?

Then the one where they're in the desert looking at trucks, and the one guy says "I love trucks" and the chick later yells out "it's Chevy."

I have zero problems with Chevy btw, and I've owned a few. The commercials drive me crazy though and I'm amazed they actually think they're winning over new customers with these.

Dec 17, 2018, 10:27 AM

American car companies have become pompously arrogant, despite the fact they have no reason to be.
It also seems that American car makers have been really dishonest with their advertising over the last few years, particularly the Dodge, Chevy, GM ones. Lots of chest pounding and negative attacks.

Like the stupid "toolbox puncturing the bed test" they did comparing Ford and Chevy. Or the bogus and arrogant presentation of their own awards you pointed out. My new favorite is the new Dodge commercial with blue collar santa, who claims that Dodge is releasing a new 787 HP V8 engine which they are touting as "the most powerful V8 engine ever placed in a production vehicle EVER!", despite the fact that this is simply not true. Plenty of V8 production cars, including American cars, that have V8 engines with 790+ HP.

WRONG! Nothing is more irritating than the two guys series

Dec 17, 2018, 11:55 AM

of Sonic commercials. They force me to immediately change the channel.

Dec 17, 2018, 3:52 PM

In addition to the image of men staring wide eyed at a TV showing FB games. Wierdest dynamic ever. All i want to do is turn it off. Would never buy anything based on that commercial.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But ... they show Clemson highlights with Sammy Watkins.

Dec 17, 2018, 5:05 PM

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Replies: 32
| visibility 4,982
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic