Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
KB.. wonder if his possible transfer has
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

KB.. wonder if his possible transfer has

Aug 27, 2018, 7:41 PM

Anything to do with the current depth chart. I believe TL will be much better but after the other transfers we needed a little experience and depth.. not knocking Kelly or throwing out conspiracy theories. It’s just a question in my head now.

And I know what he said about graduating with his brothers and teammates etc etc. but then why’d he have those thought and consider it at all in the first place.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KB.. wonder if his possible transfer has

Aug 27, 2018, 7:48 PM

Good question!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2018, 7:55 PM

If we had been told in the spring or prior to the depth chart being released, might have fewer questions in my head. Timing of it. Just odd

Aug 27, 2018, 8:07 PM

CUinTampa said:

Anything to do with the current depth chart. I believe TL will be much better but after the other transfers we needed a little experience and depth.. not knocking Kelly or throwing out conspiracy theories. It’s just a question in my head now.

And I know what he said about graduating with his brothers and teammates etc etc. but then why’d he have those thought and consider it at all in the first place.

I’ve heard Dabo told him he would be the starter when KB threatened transfer. Similar to Hurts - Tua. Gotta keep the vet happy.

Aug 27, 2018, 8:13 PM

the pure idiocy on this board knows no bounds

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I heard Jake Bentley will leave SC without ever beating Clemson***

Aug 27, 2018, 8:20 PM [ in reply to Re: KB.. wonder if his possible transfer has ]

Meanwhile Kelly Bryant sits on the bench with a 34-0 lead over the coots and they can’t stop talking about him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2018, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Re: KB.. wonder if his possible transfer has ]

You heard #### about KB leaving link??

Aug 27, 2018, 8:31 PM

It absolutely did. The coaches looked and went, we have the best chance to win with TL and he's more talented so KB said he was going to transfer. Seeing this the coaches went nevermind I'm going to make sure my second best option stay's by making him the starter and hurt the team I'm paid millions to coach and make sure that they win. By doing that we're here with KB as our starter.

Think of it that way and it really just stops making sense that KB stating he will transfer would be the reason he's the starter.

that was my thinking as well

Aug 27, 2018, 8:53 PM

very odd to open up and say that now...cant help but wonder if he threatened to leave and then was offered the starting job

I think that played into their decision somewhat.

Aug 27, 2018, 10:01 PM

We would be in deep trouble if KB had transferred. His experience and seniority are important, not only in terms of leadership, but in terms of actual QB performance. He's a really good player, and a lot of people posting here don't recognize that. I don't think he is what we need to win another national championship, but he is still better than most QBs out there.

Regardless of the transfer issue, I think the coaches felt that he would start against Furman all along. That is the right call IMO, as he has earned that. However, they have also been careful to say that the competition is still ongoing, and let everyone know that Lawrence will play as well. That leaves the door open for continued evaluation.

They have played the situation well IMO. When Lawrence is named the starter down the road, it will be as low drama as possible, because the coaches have handled it well all spring and summer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic