Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watching that game, it is pretty clear that....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Watching that game, it is pretty clear that....

Jan 9, 2018, 1:54 AM

we will be back in the playoffs next year, but unless KB improves exponentially, we won’t win it all. He can’t make the passes that either QB made. I think we have some guys who can.

I know that isn’t popular for some, but it’s the truth. I don’t think KB was awful against Bama, but we are too one-dimensional with him at QB.

Both Georgia and Bama are run teams. That is their strength. Both had to complete passes to have a chance. Saban realized that Hurts wasn’t going to win the game and did what needed to be done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Francois says hello, and Miami won't be a slouch...

Jan 9, 2018, 1:58 AM

But I agree, I think we will represent the ACC in the playoff ultimately.

I think HJ, Brice, or Lawrence will get comfortable enough with the playbook as the regular season plays out to get significant time.

I don't know who, exactly, but I'd have to imagine one of those three will have a higher ceiling in terms of slinging it around the yard.

In the meanwhile, I have full confidence in Kelly to navigate the waters as we try to secure a 4th straight conference title.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watching that game, it is pretty clear that....

Jan 9, 2018, 3:36 AM

I can see a situation happening for us next year, that happened with Bama.

You have a good, solid, game managing QB that got you to that point. Then it's time for the multi dimensional talent to shine. You could tell the coaches didn't have enough confidence in Hunter to do it this year (Cooper is out of the picture in my mind)

We will have a great Oline again next year (with Hyatt on the left and Carmen on the right).
More physical receives
Stronger RBs
Defense does what it does

KB gets us there, but Hunter/Brice/Lawrence brings it home.

Our O-line couldn't block

Jan 9, 2018, 3:55 AM

so I am not putting anything on KB. Without protection, no QB of ours would have been
very effective. Our blocking schemes were also terrible in that game. Too many errors.

A couple of things...

Jan 9, 2018, 4:12 AM

First, I didn’t put all the blame on Bryant for the Bama loss. In fact, I thought it was one of his better games from a composure standpoint.

Second, my opinion about KB is using the entire season as a sample, not just the playoff game. He has never consistently made throws this year, even when protection was adequate. For instance, he was on fire in the Miami game and then inexplicably started missing. In several games, he missed badly often. There is a reason we relied on our running game a lot more this year. I don’t mind being a “running” team, but we need to be able to regularly complete passes when teams stack the box.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

KB throws picks.

Jan 9, 2018, 5:42 AM

He's an average QB. You can't beat the best teams with an average QB.

ACC maybe but not Bama

About half the old timers on this board are too proud to admit it.

Careful with the "old timers" reference, my Friend. There

Jan 9, 2018, 7:13 AM

are, no doubt, plenty of us old timers who are of the opinion that the most talented QB should be in command.

My attitude is simple: I want the General on field who can win the battle, and I would have no problem replacing the Commander, if necessary...just like Saban did.

Nevertheless, we are led by a Head Coach and staff that brought a National Championship to Clemson. Although I may believe some tweaking might be in order, I have full confidence in our leadership.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KB throws picks.....Ummmm Bama threw 2 picks last night

Jan 9, 2018, 7:17 AM [ in reply to KB throws picks. ]

...and still won...

Re: KB throws picks.

Jan 9, 2018, 8:44 AM [ in reply to KB throws picks. ]

Maybe I need to rewatch our game, but I was at the game and it seemed that KB was too quick to leave the pocket. He can't be protected if he wont stay in the pocket. To me that was key to the game and Saban new that tendency in KB and exploited it to the max. He also was late delivering the ball because he was running around scrambling after leaving the protection of the pocket. Just my opinion. I am sure others see it much differently.

Not necessarily disagreeing, but

Jan 9, 2018, 7:16 AM

I think it's worth pointing out that Bryant improved "exponentially" between last season and this season. There's no reason to think that won't happen again, especially with all the competition that'll be pushing him.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic