Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
KB 68% 272 yards 2 TDs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

KB 68% 272 yards 2 TDs

Nov 26, 2017, 10:00 AM

Didn't play his best game and still with those numbers. Yet he isn't good enough? Dude is the real deal. He is smart with the ball and makes great plays.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KB 68% 272 yards 2 TDs

Nov 26, 2017, 10:01 AM

Agreed. He played a good game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He had a great game.***

Nov 26, 2017, 10:04 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

It is his decision making and leadership that set him apart.

Nov 26, 2017, 10:22 AM

And he ain’t as bad as some people try to make him out to be at passing either. All he has done is win 11 games as a starter and lost one where he wasn’t himself and didn’t even play second half. It helps a lot when WRs get open and catch the ball too. We should beat Miami and if we do we have as much argument as anyone for being the best team in the nation. Hopefully no new injuries in practice and we hit the cfp full strength minus ones out for the season of course

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2017, 10:25 AM

First of all I’m glad we won and Kelly did have one of his best games. But with that said, I just don’t understand what you’re watching to say he’s the real deal, or I’m not sure you understand football. Kelly hit his short passes, props to him, but that’s it.

He has to have the weakest arm I’ve ever seen in a clemson qb. He lollipops the ball on short passes, giving the defense more time to rally to the ball. There were several times last night he did this and cost the receiver more time to get up field. He has still underthrown EVERY deep ball the last two weeks. He just can’t lead his receiver downfield. At least the throw to Tee was completed, but if he lead him it would have been a td.

When his first read isn’t there, he simply cannot find someone else. Not even a check down. He holds the ball and refuses to throw it on 3rd and long plays when his first read is covered, then takes off running. Every time. It’s so frustrating.

Completion % means absolutely zip when all the throws are around the line of scrimmage. Any high school qb could have a high completion % with those throws. Most of those yards game after the catch.

Even with all of that, we are 11-1 and are one game away from playing for another national championship. But to get there, KB will have to transform into something completely different than what he is now. Did you watch the auburn bama game? Halas last drive, where they had to throw the ball to win, was a complete mess. Hurts had to read a defense and couldn’t. He took off running almost every play and the drive was a mess. This is what we will look like when the game is on the line and we absolutely have to pass.

Nov 26, 2017, 10:28 AM

*Bama’s last drive

Maybe send that to Dabo. He’s could learn something. :s***

Nov 26, 2017, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: KB 68% 272 yards 2 TDs ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Nov 26, 2017, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Re: KB 68% 272 yards 2 TDs ]

Yes we have not played a team like Auburn have we? Sometimes WRs are not open dude. If you want a qb that is going to force things when nothing is there I understand why you don't like KB. You may be the one who does not understand football. What do you think a real deal QB should do? Throw 10 20+ yard passes a game? Not many qbs could make that td pass to Renfrow at the goal line. The throw to Tee was a little short but the safety was coming over and he was making sure it wasn't a pick. Sometimes D's have good coverage dude.

Nov 26, 2017, 10:50 AM

Haha. I don’t expect him to throw it into coverage. I understand that sometimes, heck a lot of times things aren’t there and you have to hold the ball. But not EVERY single time. Just watch the film dude. He misses wide open receivers all the freakin time. Did you see dabo yelling at him last night to throw the dang ball down the field? Of coarse I don’t expect 20 shots downfield a game. If the defense is taking downfield shots away, I don’t care if we don’t throw a single one all game. But that’s not what’s happening. It’s there, all the time. KB just can’t find it, and when he does he underthrows it.

And this is why I laugh at you. That td to renfrow was wide open after he bought some time. It was a 10 yard pass. How in the world would you think that was some miraculous play? It was as a good play, one of KBs better plays all year, but good qbs on good teams can make that play in their sleep.

And he didn’t throw the ball short to tee because the safety was coming down. Haha. He just couldn’t get it there. The safety was 10 yards away. What’s the excuse for every other deep ball that game up short? He did it on purpose huh?

Yes sometimes d have good coverage, you are correct. I’m never talking about when defenses have good coverage. I’m talking about the layups KB has missed all year long, and the mistakes that will cost us a national championship.

Nov 26, 2017, 11:01 AM

Not many qbs could have got away from the pressure and made a throw that accurate rolling to the right. I didn't say the safety would have picked it off but I believe he did see him coming. You can hate on him all the way to the Natty and after we win it. You don't know what respect is I guess. He is winning just as much as DW but I guess that is just because of our team huh? He just isn't that good just 11-0 when he plays the full game. You just try to see what he does bad and do not open your eyes to what he does so well. It is just getting pathetic how much of a hater you are. The dude is good and you need to get use to him being good because he will be dang good again next year. You can keep on b*tching and we will keep on winning. That is just because our team is so good and it wasn't the last 2 years though right?

Nov 26, 2017, 11:12 AM

You’re right, his 190 something passing yards a game have carried this team. His 9 passing tds against fbs teams have carried this team. The coaching, running game and defense have nothing to do with it. Yup, it’s all KB.

Nov 26, 2017, 11:18 AM

No it is not all KB you dang idiot. Is that what i said? Take out the QB from this year and last and what team is better?

Nov 26, 2017, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Re: KB 68% 272 yards 2 TDs ]

> What’s the
> excuse for every other deep ball that game up short?
> He did it on purpose huh?

Remember last year when Deshaun was overthrowing all of his deep balls and everyone was complaining? The difference is those overthrows turned into interceptions. So this year, we're not turning the ball over, we're still 11-1 and you're still mad.

Nov 26, 2017, 11:20 AM

Get em. Now I do think DW is better he made more mistakes and he also started almost 3 full years. Kb still has room to grow. The hate is just unreal.

Nov 26, 2017, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Re: KB 68% 272 yards 2 TDs ]

KB had the best game against SC of any QB they have played all year.

Nov 26, 2017, 10:52 AM

I would hope so, they haven’t played against a decent qb all year. Jake Fromm being the exception.

Nov 26, 2017, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: KB 68% 272 yards 2 TDs ]

And yet it was the passing QB who threw the pick on a bad throw in the endzone. Bryant might not be the most accurate passer but dang it he plays well enough to win every week. Give the kid a break.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2017, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: KB 68% 272 yards 2 TDs ]

If you think he doesn't go through his reads, you don't know football. He's really good at reading the defense and taking care of the ball. I've never seen so much vitriol and hate towards a QB that went 11-1 in his first year in my life. We have such a vocal ######## of a fanbase who are uneducated, couch coaches. You should've been a SCAR fan.

Nov 26, 2017, 10:58 AM

Hahaha

Nov 26, 2017, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: KB 68% 272 yards 2 TDs ]

Thank you. Some must think all of his check down throws are just his first reads I guess.

Nov 26, 2017, 11:10 AM

Haha, he’s maybe hit 10 checkdowns all year. I can’t reason with ignorance so I’m not going to try. After all, you said DW was as good a runnner as Lamar Jackson. That tells you everything you need to know about your football iq.

Nov 26, 2017, 11:12 AM

You can't reason at all. Your 'logic' is tainted by hate for our QB. Go back to the FGF boards and scream Never Again with them.

Nov 26, 2017, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Re: KB 68% 272 yards 2 TDs ]

You must not watch many Clemson games. DW has a different style than Lamar Jackson. We will see how many good runs LJ has in the NFL. I know more about football than a lot of football fans. No I do not know everything and some things are opinions. If you think KB is not good that is okay but please go pull for a different team and get off this board hating on our QB who has had the best first year record of any Clemson qb in history.

Nov 26, 2017, 11:21 AM

Haha, when you have to say you know more about football than most fans on an internet message board, that usually means you don’t know know chit.

Dude people have laughed at you on this board since you’ve started. Just stop with all the high and mighty stuff. You sound silly.

Nov 26, 2017, 11:47 AM

Lol well it doesn't really matter what you think about me. I know I know the game. I live and breath football. I don't sound silly backing our starting QB who has been pretty dang good. You sound silly acting like he is so bad. Yes some of the things you say are true but some is grasping a little far. He is not DW but he is a dang good QB who doesn't turn the ball over and makes plays when they need to be made. It is a disgrace that some of you fans go so far to down grade what he is doing. Without him we would not be 11-1.

Nov 26, 2017, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: KB 68% 272 yards 2 TDs ]

> First of all I’m glad we won and Kelly did have one
> of his best games. But with that said, I just don’t
> understand what you’re watching to say he’s the real
> deal, or I’m not sure you understand football. Kelly
> hit his short passes, props to him, but that’s it.
>
> He has to have the weakest arm I’ve ever seen in a
> clemson qb. He lollipops the ball on short passes,
> giving the defense more time to rally to the ball.
> There were several times last night he did this and
> cost the receiver more time to get up field. He has
> still underthrown EVERY deep ball the last two weeks.
> He just can’t lead his receiver downfield. At least
> the throw to Tee was completed, but if he lead him it
> would have been a td.
>
> When his first read isn’t there, he simply cannot
> find someone else. Not even a check down. He holds
> the ball and refuses to throw it on 3rd and long
> plays when his first read is covered, then takes off
> running. Every time. It’s so frustrating.
>
> Completion % means absolutely zip when all the throws
> are around the line of scrimmage. Any high school qb
> could have a high completion % with those throws.
> Most of those yards game after the catch.
>
> Even with all of that, we are 11-1 and are one game
> away from playing for another national championship.
> But to get there, KB will have to transform into
> something completely different than what he is now.
> Did you watch the auburn bama game? Halas last
> t drive, where they had to throw the ball to win, was
> a complete mess. Hurts had to read a defense and
> couldn’t. He took off running almost every play and
> the drive was a mess. This is what we will look like
> when the game is on the line and we absolutely have
> to pass.

Please stop making sense. Your upsetting the majority of the forum.

Nov 26, 2017, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: KB 68% 272 yards 2 TDs ]

Besides WRU, we also have a great crop of RB's. If Kelly were passing all the time, we would be wasting that talent. It seems to me our offense is designed to maximize our available talent, without wearing out any one combination. Better to surprise the December-January opponents than to let everyone predict exactly where and to which receiver he is going to throw in any given situation.

Nov 26, 2017, 10:53 AM

I think this staff has done a wonderful job of masking his deficiencies. Pair that with the fact that every other position on the field is championship caliber. Except for place kicker of course... ??

Nov 26, 2017, 10:55 AM

Completely agree. That is why we are 11-1.

Nov 26, 2017, 11:04 AM

So why were we so good last year?

The people who think Trevor Lawrence is going to walk in

Nov 26, 2017, 11:22 AM

and be the starting QB next year need to get a clue. Unless Bryant regresses significantly, which he won't, he will be our starter next year. And he will remain the starter all year.

The competition will be for who is #2 between Johnson and Lawrence, and the discussion will be which quarterback(s) transfer because they have no shot at playing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Agree Judge - I believe HJ would be foolish not to transfer

Nov 26, 2017, 1:52 PM

If we are going to playoffs, HJ should stay into the Spring semester and take a ring with him. If not, HJ should leave in late December. Clemson was the best school in the country for me (an '84 grad). But for HJ, a young man with 1st round NFL QB potential, he is wasting his time playing behind a QB who will not even get a courtesy NFL tryout.

As for TL, he likely will be wasting his time arriving at Clemson in Jan 2018 to learn the playbook which did nothing for HJ who was never given a real shot at the QB job. TL would be better off just chilling around his high school buddies through May and arriving at Clemson in the Summer. At that point TL should practice away from the team with only the serious Clemson NFL WR prospects that KB cannot get ready for the draft either in games or practice ... a top 10 NFL draft pick awaits both TL and HJ if Clemson coaches do not derail it.

Dabo is doing what he believes is needed to win games and it's working. He is primarily worried about the W-L record and secondarily worried about these kids futures, and that's as it has to be. As for HJ and TL they have vastly more earning potential than any other players on Clemson's team due to their QB position and their talent - in fact they are the only two Clemson ballers likely to out earn Dabo. Interesting stuff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2017, 11:29 AM

KB isn't a great QB with the flashy stats but he is a great QB at managing a game and not turning the ball over.

Plays it safe and takes a chance when it's there. With the way the defense plays that's all you need out of the QB.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2017, 11:30 AM

There is zero chance KB is the QB next year if HJ or TL is healthy. The defense will not be as good and be able to cover up the lack of a passing game.

Posting stats of a QB who throws within 5 yards of the LOS 95% of the time without posting YAC is intellectual dishonesty. That one long throw to Tee was underthrown or it would have been a TD.

KB gets away with that crap against inferior Defenses like Louisville and South Carolina but turns into a 1-dimensional QB against a defense with a pulse. And that 1-dimension (running game) has looked pretty bad the last few times against decent opponents.

If the defense doesn't play lights out against Miami, or against a team like Oklahoma in the CFP, it is going to be a long day if they have to pass it to win.

Nov 26, 2017, 11:32 AM

Wow

Nov 26, 2017, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Re: KB 68% 272 yards 2 TDs ]

> There is zero chance KB is the QB next year if HJ or
> TL is healthy. The defense will not be as good and
> be able to cover up the lack of a passing game.
>
> Posting stats of a QB who throws within 5 yards of
> the LOS 95% of the time without posting YAC is
> intellectual dishonesty. That one long throw to Tee
> was underthrown or it would have been a TD.
>
> KB gets away with that crap against inferior Defenses
> like Louisville and South Carolina but turns into a
> 1-dimensional QB against a defense with a pulse. And
> that 1-dimension (running game) has looked pretty
> bad the last few times against decent opponents.
>
> If the defense doesn't play lights out against Miami,
> or against a team like Oklahoma in the CFP, it is
> going to be a long day if they have to pass it to win.

Now you're making too much sense too. Thats why u guys get thumbed down. Geez

Nov 26, 2017, 11:41 AM

One of the best things about KB and this team is lack of turnovers in key situations.

Lex, give it up.

Nov 26, 2017, 11:55 AM

Winning makes it hard to be objective. I like KB, but I highly doubt he can put this offense on his shoulders and go win against a great defense. Hope I am wrong, I really do. However, being his first year starting he has done well and Elliott has definitely played to KB's strengths. That's good coaching. Go Tigers!!!!

Re: Lex, give it up.

Nov 26, 2017, 12:07 PM

Well he did it against Auburn.

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic