Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Justyn Ross
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Justyn Ross

Dec 7, 2020, 4:56 PM

Alright, so I'm about to ponder an important question that I already likely know the answer to even before delving into playing devils advocate. As most of us dedicated Clemson Football fans already know, Ross has an important doctors appointment quickly approaching on December 8th. The meeting with the doctor will be the determining factor in whether or not his football career gets to continue or is ended indefinitely. I and many other tiger fans are hoping the best for him in his appointment, and pray that it isn't the tragic end to a bright, and young career. However, if the appointment goes well, it is at all possible we see him in the post-season suiting up for the tigers? Though the rumors from Chris Fowler were immediately downplayed by Swinney in the post-game presser, is there actually a chance that he could be an important player in our post-season run? He has been practicing with the team for weeks (albeit without contact), but even 10 or less plays with him in the game could be a huge terror for defenses schematically. I am curious to hear other peoples thoughts on this matter. Am I possibly too hopeful, or is there some real substance to the idea of his return this year? Let me know.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Justyn Ross

Dec 7, 2020, 5:05 PM

I hope it's safe for him to play again. But, maybe next year would be a better option.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 7, 2020, 5:35 PM

I agree 100%.

Even though the doctor may clear him, why risk some tragic accident at this point. The young man potentially has a very bright career ahead of him and I think he should not play again this year but continue to heal and aim toward an NFL career.

Dec 7, 2020, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Justyn Ross ]

I’m not sure why this would make sense. If it has healed to the point that it’s not going to improve further, why would he wait?

Dec 8, 2020, 10:34 AM

To Big Willy and others. Please read this article. As Dabo said, Justyn just being positive and proactive. Which is great, way ahead of schedule but here is his plan all along. Big Q is whether it's with us or NFL. If it's NFL, he'll lose a lot of $ because no team will spend a 1,2 or 3 round pick on a chance a player will play in 2 years.

https://www-tigernet-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.tigernet.com/amp/story/Swinney-updates-the-latest-on-wide-receiver-Justyn-Ross-19139?amp_js_v=a6&_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16074407063164&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s&share=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tigernet.com%2Fstory%2FSwinney-updates-the-latest-on-wide-receiver-Justyn-Ross-19139

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2020, 5:06 PM

If he IS allowed to play, he'd make a heck of a smokescreen.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2020, 5:32 PM

None, coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

coot or Not . . .

Dec 7, 2020, 6:37 PM

Learn the Rulz!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: coot or Not . . .

Dec 7, 2020, 6:52 PM

Always one step ahead of me...!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2020, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Justyn Ross ]

Is there some sort of inside joke I'm not getting? Why is it every time I post an in-depth discussion on these boards, I get referred to as a Coot?

My impression is if he’s cleared to play, he’s good to go.

Dec 7, 2020, 5:32 PM

The surgery was months ago.

Did it heal properly?

If the doctor determines that it did, then it will be up to Clemson and Justyn as to when/if he puts on a uniform and plays again.

Against Notre a Dame? Maybe, but probably not.

After that ... sure. Months of healing, cleared to go, weeks o& prep time.

Go Tigers! Go Justyn!

Re: My impression is if he’s cleared to play, he’s good to go.

Dec 7, 2020, 6:57 PM

The appointment, as I understand it, is to determine if the man will ever play the game again. I don’t know that anything has ever been said about the appointment releasing for immediate contact.

If anything, the program will protect Justin first, not the season.

So Ross has been in the weight room & running routes

Dec 8, 2020, 10:44 AM

since October, and they're still not sure if he'll ever be able to play again?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So Ross has been in the weight room & running routes

Dec 8, 2020, 10:49 AM

Yep

Dec 7, 2020, 5:40 PM

If the information we’ve been given is correct, then this is the final Appt to determine whether he’s cleared to play. If he is in fact cleared, the only reason he may not play would seem to be because he’s not in game ready condition. There would be no other reason to wait. He certainly isn’t in danger of losing eligibility.

Dec 8, 2020, 9:17 AM

That was my thought, it will more than likely be up to him if he wants to suit up this season if the meeting today goes well. They may hold him, due to conditioning/many other factors, but I feel like there is a certain amount of reasonability that he could "potentially" be a factor in the post season A.K.A the CFP. I wouldn't realistically expect him to be in for the ND game.

the stakes are high for Justyn Ross, this season is not

Dec 7, 2020, 5:45 PM

a big enough pot of gold to risk

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

You said ponder

Dec 7, 2020, 6:24 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You said ponder

Dec 7, 2020, 6:31 PM

Rulz and all.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2020, 6:52 PM

Absolutely zero reason for Justyn to play at all this season.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Dec 7, 2020, 7:02 PM

Don't risk a ""LIFETIME"" for a single game -- praying Justin gets cleared to compete in football for a long,long time,in the future** -- wishing him the best -- GO TIGERS !!!

Dec 8, 2020, 9:18 AM

I doubt he plays, especially since Dabo has said all year that he isn't going to. However, if you wanted to give yourself a bit of hope, then you could ask why they've had him practice for the past several weeks if they've already 100% made up their minds that he isn't going to play this season no matter what.

I do not see Dabo allowing Ross to play this year. Dabo has

Dec 8, 2020, 9:20 AM

developed a history of being ultra conservative concerning medical issues, and I don't see that changing in this case.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please don't play him

Dec 8, 2020, 10:15 AM

This year. There is too much at risk.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic