Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just think about this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,415

Just think about this

Jan 10, 2018, 1:53 PM

You're a volunteer doing what you love to do, but then get the opportunity to get paid massive amounts of money to keep doing the same thing you're doing..

It's hard to see eye to eye with these people barking that all these kids should stay when it's their choice not yours and you're just wanting for them to stay so that you can benefit by watching your team win at their expense (physical work and staying in class). Let the kids live their life through their choices.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would love another year in Clemson as a college student.***

Jan 10, 2018, 1:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

That would be living the dream.***

Jan 10, 2018, 2:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

^^^^ Don't know how old you guys are, but

Jan 10, 2018, 3:20 PM

for a guy my age to go back, it would not be to attend classes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly.

Jan 10, 2018, 7:39 PM

Do you think I miss Dr. Saunder's history class?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Just think about this

Jan 10, 2018, 1:56 PM

I just hope guys are making the right decision for them. Our team will go on but that degree can help later in life when there is no more football. While Dabo will let you come back and finish we all know life can interrupt that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

some will not make it in NFL***

Jan 10, 2018, 10:30 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm selfish.....

Jan 10, 2018, 2:09 PM

I'm a Clemson fan and want what's best for Clemson first. But it's not about me. Love them coming in the door and love them going out. Support and best wishes to all.

Re: I'm selfish.....

Jan 10, 2018, 3:15 PM

Seems to me that most leave and some stick around. Been this way for a few years now. Nothing but blessings for all of them.

Jan 10, 2018, 8:09 PM

I really don’t think anything posted on this message board is going to affect the decision made by any of them one way or another. I do wish everyone of them managed to get their degree prior to leaving though.

JMO, but that is the one stipulation I wish the NFL would put on being able to declare after your third year, that you had to have completed your degree and it be your third year out of HS. I think that would be a huge benefit for all players in the long run. It wouldn’t affect many at Clemson anyway as the vast majority that have declared early have already earned their degree. That is not the case at some other schools and would likely benefit their programs much more than ours.

That said, yes for completely selfish reasons completely centered around having the absolute best Clemson Tiger football team possible, I wish every one of our players had to redshirt their first year to learn the system and benefit from a year in the S&C program and then stay for all four years of their playing eligibility.

Jan 10, 2018, 8:29 PM

well put, I think for a lot of those guys it’s probably a good idea to stay in school for a year to further develop their game, but you certainly can’t blame a guy for fulfilling their dream by playing in the NFL. Not to mention the fact that these kids get paid millions upon millions of dollars to do something there doing for free in college.

I'm going back to school on R. Dangerfield Sugar Daddy

Jan 10, 2018, 10:27 PM

scholarship when I hit 60 years old. Good memories. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,415
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic