Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just the facts ma’am.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 101

Just the facts ma’am.....

May 31, 2020, 7:48 PM

The Washington Post (source picked to appease the covid cowards and climate change warriors):

a total of 41 unarmed people were shot and killed by U.S. police in 2019 -- 19 of them white, nine black and nine Hispanic.

Black vs. white/inter-racial violent crime is 5% of crimes (600K cases/12M crimes), and 80% of that is Black on white.

It’s obvious that there is systemic racism in our country. I don’t have Twitter but maybe Trevor could shine a light on it, for me.

A death of anyone not posing an imminent threat is a tragedy, whether it’s covid or the work of an idiot cop. Destroying the economy, and now destroying neighborhoods, are baited reactions that should outrage us all...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think your facts are racist

May 31, 2020, 10:04 PM

and I'm going to burn my neighbor's house down after I steal his TV to show you how racist it is.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think your facts are racist

May 31, 2020, 10:44 PM

Check the freezer first to make sure there isn’t any ice cream. I’d hate for good ice cream to go to waste.

I’m sure you think they ALL do that!

Jun 1, 2020, 9:18 PM [ in reply to I think your facts are racist ]

Are there idiots out there doing stupid stuff? Absolutely. But 95% are doing it the right way. I always here how the media sensationalizes incidents. But when it involves something that fits my agenda?

Re: Just the facts ma’am.....

May 31, 2020, 11:01 PM

It's quite funny how they ignore science and data when it comes to race. Black people are ten times more likely to kill whites than whites are to kill black. But according to media white people killing black people is an epidemic. The POS that killed Floyd is charged and facing prosecution. That's the best anybody can do.

May 31, 2020, 11:09 PM

The best is not the outcome the “mostly peaceful protesters” are looking for.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 1, 2020, 1:13 PM

Wish the peaceful protesters would stand up to these thugs, call them out for what they are, kick them in their rear ends, and tell these looters they are not welcome in their groups......police killing an unarmed man is wrong and these bad cops should be sent to jail for life (some even given the death penalty IMO) but these so called protesters who are committing all these crimes and doing all this harm to our nation are also very wrong.....takes away the legitimacy of the peaceful protesters and indicates some of these people do not give a crap about George Floyd and just looking for an excuse to riot, steal, and vandalize everything in site......very sad they could/would stoop to this cowardly level......Go Tigers !!!!!

If black people were being killed by whites at the same rate as

Jun 1, 2020, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Just the facts ma’am..... ]

black people killing white folks there would be no buildings left standing. Can you imagine the amount of destruction if that were the case?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your not suppose to mention that.....

May 31, 2020, 11:36 PM

U leave me no choice?I must label u a racist for posting the indisputable (when it doesn't support the narrative)? leftist playbook: when confronted w/ indisputable facts>after 1st attempting to conceal, perpetually bombard w/ slander & ridicule through various media platforms-effective when the mainstream media is at your disposal-

Jun 1, 2020, 12:09 AM

If you can't see the problem this country has had since it's inception with racism, you're being willfully ignorant.

Generations of institutional racism and discrimination are the reason the black community by and large is in the situation they're currently in.

I was taught all men are created equal and every person is born with an equal chance to succeed in this country. We're not even close...

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2020, 1:26 AM

Your argument implies that all persons of a particular race have the same opportunities. Not even close.

And no one in the black community is in their situation because of the choices that they have made.

I am so tired of people trying to make me feel guilty, or that I owe people something because I’m white. Like all white people went to private school, and flew off to college in a helicopter. I am sooooooo tired of it.

I was more poor than any black person in my high school. More poor than anyone that got a full ride to college. None of which had the grades that I did.

I worked night shift at a mill in Seneca to pay my way through Clemson. Most of my coworkers were black, could have done the same.

I joined the Air Force and used my GI bill to go to grad school at Clemson, thousands of blacks do the same.

Every opportunity that I had is something that a person of any race is capable of doing.

Are there racists in this country? Yes. Are there racists of all races? Yes. If you don’t believe me, come hang out in North Charleston for a while.

Am I racist? Yes, as much as my black neighbors are...that also voted to have our neighborhood gated.

Jun 1, 2020, 7:40 AM

You and I sound like we had the same plight thru life. I can still remember asking my dad could we get on welfare so we could have a nice house, nice car in the driveway, and not have to work like the Black folk that we saw sitting on their porches as we drove to his job. I too worked in a mill multiple times to pay my way thru CLEMSON. And then, to top it off, after finally receiving my degree and after much sacrifice, when seeking employment, I was told that the company could not even interview me since I "was not Black and Female". Eff any Black person that tells me how bad they have it. I don't care to hear their crap.

I do not discount your own life experience,

Jun 1, 2020, 12:41 PM

as I do not discount theirs. But black subjugation in the US has been going on for centuries, and multigenerational poverty and institutional racism create a seriously complex problem to solve. That is worthy of everyone's attention.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Washington Post infers different assumption from the numbers

Jun 1, 2020, 1:13 AM

Now both sides can continue an unproductive fight about the stats:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/investigations/police-shootings-database/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FATAL=KILL SHOT...

Jun 1, 2020, 5:37 AM

not requisite on on being allegedly unarmed-(vast majority likely fired on 5 0 1st)

Re: Washington Post infers different assumption from the numbers

Jun 1, 2020, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Washington Post infers different assumption from the numbers ]

exactly

but, let’s not hurt brains with more facts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jun 1, 2020, 3:49 AM

Your facts include a mathematical error , unless your focus is only on the White/Black/Hispanic portion of that number ... in which case I apologize for my own error .

DB23

It was 3:49 AM when you posted - your error

Jun 1, 2020, 7:38 AM

is excused. Could have shot an Asian or Native American or two ( but that would have been racist as well).

Jun 1, 2020, 8:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Just the facts ma’am..... ]

Not my focus, but the focus of the article I referenced. The remainder is “other”.

Jun 1, 2020, 11:43 AM

I'm a captain , numbers gotta be exact or my buttocks gets the chewed ;)

DB23

This is a 100% fact.***

Jun 1, 2020, 2:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2020, 8:00 AM

If the police shoot an unarmed mulatto - which grievance community gets the statistic?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 101
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic