Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just saw top 15. HONEST QUESTION - Why does SEC..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Just saw top 15. HONEST QUESTION - Why does SEC..

Aug 6, 2020, 1:10 PM

Dominate year after year?

Do other conferences have the resources and/or money? Is it fans? What is it?

And, I hate the other teams in the conference before anyone jumps on me. Can’t stand them.

For YEARS I have said I wish UGA played in the ACC. Georgia and Clemson could then play EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

It is just unreal looking at the teams and rankings year after year

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By default do you mean Alabama and then occasionally someone else?

Aug 6, 2020, 1:20 PM

Year after year over ranked and then when two ranked teams play one wins and must be really good. The other loses and must not be that bad because lost to ranked team. Then after about 5 games realize all but Alabama and one other team actually suck that year. Imagine if Georgia lost to South Carolina, our doormat, at home. That would be something.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: By default do you mean Alabama and then occasionally someone else?

Aug 6, 2020, 1:40 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just saw top 15. HONEST QUESTION - Why does SEC..

Aug 6, 2020, 1:21 PM

~JKB

LOL...bless your heart !!!!

Aug 6, 2020, 1:39 PM

Last season the S-EZ finished with five teams ranked in the top 25 (LSU, UGa, Florida, Bama and Auburn) and Auburn with four losses is an absolute joke. Florida was dang lucky to survive against a Virginia team that Clemson beat by 45, and you clowns lost at home as a 35 point favorite to uo6c. Dominate my @$$ !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: LOL...bless your heart !!!!

Aug 6, 2020, 1:52 PM

Simple to answer. Most all SEC teams are ranked every year regardless of how good they are. That way, no matter how many games you lose, you will be somewhere near the top 25. SEC bias is real and those who don't believe it are SEC homers. Just ask ESecPN.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL...bless your heart !!!!

Aug 6, 2020, 3:28 PM [ in reply to LOL...bless your heart !!!! ]

Florida earned their ranking beating 2 FCS teams. SOS is very important.

Libs***

Aug 6, 2020, 2:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Sorry, Can't help you

Aug 6, 2020, 3:00 PM

I quit reading at No. 1.

HONEST QUESTION - Why does UGA..

Aug 6, 2020, 4:36 PM

Always choke in big games..

2017 NC Had Bama beat but lost in OT..

2018 $EC Championship had Bama beat but let Jalen hurts come off the bench cold and beat y'all..

2019 ( my favorite!!) How y'all lose to UofSuCk to a 3rd string WR/RB/CB? as a 35 pt favorite?...

AT HOME!!!!!
????????????

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you think if UGA was like Clemson...

Aug 6, 2020, 4:42 PM

and when I say "like Clemson", I mean if UGA had a 28 point lead vs Bama in the National Championship game...you'd still blow the lead and end up losing?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2020, 4:48 PM

I think it’s because they have difficult schedules. We’re playing UNC when they’re playing Bama, Florida, Auburn, etc. Who cares! We’ll stroll through our easy schedule and be fresh for the NC again!

Florida and Auburn ain't crap.

Aug 6, 2020, 10:52 PM

So Alabama is all you got, coot?

Aug 6, 2020, 5:26 PM

The SEC is a huge media market. That's why, plus they do have a history of championships. However, that is history!. ESPN props up the SEC for money, year after year. It pays.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2020, 10:43 PM

I get what you’re saying, but look at the ACC. We’re really the only ones who are holding the ACC above water, I don’t see that changing. We could (and will) win 3 out of the next 6 (if we can get past UNC) and until someone else challenges us, they’ll always kiss the SEC’s ###. We don’t need em.

Aug 6, 2020, 5:30 PM

Dominate the PRESEASON rankings? You do realize what Preseason means right? I’ll explain. There’s rankings, then there’s preseason rankings. As in BEFORE the season starts. Nobody has played a game yet. Understand? Similar to recruiting rankings and how Georgia does every year. They win the recruits so to speak, but lose on the field. It looks good on paper, but what really matters is what happens on the field. Like the final score of the game. You see, whoever has the most points at the end of the game wins. I feel like the more I explain the more I need to dumb it down. Like I’m talking to a 6 yr old. Good luck buddy.

Agree. Players and passion cannot be ignored

Aug 6, 2020, 7:19 PM

But, I think the tradition and expectations also play a role. Significantly, to be honest.

So many of the teams expect to be good and the fans will not accept mediocrity.

It is not a conference for weak stomachs, but the championships and pageantry make it worth it seems to be the mantra!

Now, are we even gonna have a season is the dominant question..

Re: Agree. Players and passion cannot be ignored

Aug 6, 2020, 10:44 PM

Did something change? Last I heard it was confirmed...?

It's been what, 40 years since UGA won any kind of championship?

Aug 6, 2020, 10:50 PM

Are you really trying to inlcude UGA in the discussion? You're leaning on an SEC crutch. No bonafide accomplishments to speak of. You're like a persistent gnat. No real harm, just annoying.

HONEST ANSWER

Aug 7, 2020, 12:27 AM

My opinion, of course... It's because the schools in the SEC are bigger/easier to graduate from (bigger alumni bases). And all they (SEC) care about is football. They live breathe and die football. ACC fans (and fans of other conferences) like to think they can participate in football but it's not the end all be all. They are more well-rounded human beings. ACC fans care about other things besides just football such as:

* Having a good job (you know, one with benefits and a 401k, things like that)

* Being an upstanding citizen in society/your community

* Providing for one's family

* Not going to jail

* Not wedding one's sister or brother

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic