Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just replace Bama last season with LSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Just replace Bama last season with LSU

Jan 12, 2020, 10:03 AM

this season is their theme.......just replace Tua with Burrow is their theme......”greatest of all time” is their theme.......problem is the results in the national championship game will also end up the same.......can’t these clowns come up with some new material because this crap from them is really getting old.......2 out of 3 and 3 out of 4......I really like our chances tomorrow night....Go Tigers!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just replace Bama last season with LSU

Jan 12, 2020, 10:13 AM

You don't have the same defense and JB is much better than TUA. 5208 yards, 77.6% completions, and 55 TDs says so.

You might score 40 but if you do, how do you stop JB from putting up 45?

If Clemson wins...will you come back here and post

Jan 12, 2020, 10:15 AM

Some more?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

when.***

Jan 12, 2020, 11:10 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your fear and insecurity are showing

Jan 12, 2020, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Just replace Bama last season with LSU ]

I don’t blame you. Being on your opponents board looking desperate for validation is not a good look.

How does your run game compare to '18 Bama?

Jan 12, 2020, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Just replace Bama last season with LSU ]

I'll tell you. It doesn't.

Bama '18 was a whole lot like Clemson. Balanced. Stack the box, they could beat you through the air. Play cover 2, they would run all over you.

LSU is one dimensional.

Y'all are toast.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: How does your run game compare to '18 Bama?

Jan 12, 2020, 11:48 AM

LSU runs the ball well too. I think it comes down to how good LSU's D is. They gave up a lot of points to Vandy and I think Ole Miss was the other. LSU's D seems sketchy to me. They say they were injured, but Vandy lit them up.

Re: How does your run game compare to '18 Bama?

Jan 12, 2020, 12:58 PM [ in reply to How does your run game compare to '18 Bama? ]

Bama '18 was a whole lot like Clemson. Balanced

LSU is 52% pass and 48% run.

Yeah, One Dimensional.

Haha, corndogcoot. You're talking play calling and

Jan 12, 2020, 1:57 PM

I'm talking PRODUCTION. You have a 5,000 yard passer, but only one ball carrier with decent stats. After that it's your qb.

The definition of awesome!

Re: Haha, corndogcoot. You're talking play calling and

Jan 12, 2020, 5:43 PM

Haha, corn-dog coot. You're talking play-calling and
Posted: Jan 12, 2020 1:57 PM

I'm talking about PRODUCTION. You have a 5,000-yard passer, but only one ball carrier with decent stats. After that, it's your QB.

When you have a QB that is one of the most productive in the history of the college game, it takes a lot of discipline to be that close to 50-50.

However, the difference between Clyde and Travis is only 200 yards and 2 TDs. I will take that all day every day when JB can Throw for over 5000 yards and 55 TDs.

FYI that would equal 14 yards difference per game.

On the other hand, Burrow can match T law with only the 1st 2 quarters of every game or half a season.

How is that for production?

Re: Haha, corndogcoot. You're talking play calling and

Jan 12, 2020, 6:40 PM

Haha Lawrence didn’t really play much in the second half this season, so there’s that...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2020, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Just replace Bama last season with LSU ]

Bama’s defense last year was superior to LSU’s defense this year.....we hung 44 points on Bama last year and left at least 7 points on the field to just run out the clock at the end.....if anything Clemson’s offense is better this year....there is no way you can outscore us if it becomes a shoot out because our defense is just to good for that which can not be said for LSU’s defense.....look for it to end up 45 - 28 Clemson......Go Tigers!!!!

Jan 12, 2020, 1:05 PM

if it becomes a shoot out because our defense is just to good

Florida, Bama, Auburn, and Georgia all said the exact same thing. They were all just as talented and 2 of them are still in the top 10 in team defense.

Jan 12, 2020, 1:12 PM

Auburn did a good job of shutting you down to an extent. If we do the same, Clemson wins for sure. Big IF though. We will know soon enough.

venables is the reason our d is better. It’s not that we

Jan 12, 2020, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Just replace Bama last season with LSU ]

Just out talent everyone. Wow you guys are dense

Re: venables is the reason our d is better. It’s not that we

Jan 12, 2020, 5:55 PM

venables is the reason our d is better. It’s not that we
Posted: Jan 12, 2020 1:16 PM

Just out talent everyone. Wow you guys are dense

OK, so your DC is that much better than Nick Saban, Kirby Smart, Todd Grantham, and Kevin Steele.

That would be a NO. Any difference would be minor.

I may be dense, but if you believe that you are just ignorant.

who makes more money?***

Jan 12, 2020, 8:34 PM

Jan 12, 2020, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Just replace Bama last season with LSU ]

CJ2002 said:

if it becomes a shoot out because our defense is just to good

Florida, Bama, Auburn, and Georgia all said the exact same thing. They were all just as talented and 2 of them are still in the top 10 in team defense.

You are crazy if you think any of those teams listed above are as good as Clemson. LSU may very well beat Clemson come Monday. However, Clemson smokes any of the above listed teams by 2 TDS plus.

Re: Just replace Bama last season with LSU***

Jan 12, 2020, 5:56 PM

Jan 12, 2020, 6:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Just replace Bama last season with LSU ]

You are crazy if you think any of those teams listed above are as good as Clemson. LSU may very well beat Clemson come Monday. However, Clemson smokes any of the above-listed teams by 2 TDS plus.

I was only talking about the defensive side of the ball.

Jan 12, 2020, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Just replace Bama last season with LSU ]

Sorry but a totally healthy Tua is better than Burrow. Hate to interrupt your solo circle jerk but that is the truth. Also their receivers are better. Sorry.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2020, 12:52 PM

I have to disagree with you. Tua can't hold a candle to Joe's accuracy; especially 25+ yards. Joe keeps his eyes down field while scrambling much better than Tua.

Clemson 55 - LSU 27

Jan 12, 2020, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Just replace Bama last season with LSU ]

Sorry but a totally healthy Tua is better than Burrow

Yeah, that's why Tua holds all the SEC passing records. But wait that's not true. Also, his current completion % would break the NCAA record.

However, if that allows you to sleep at night lets go with that.

Jan 12, 2020, 1:27 PM

Let me be clear and type slowly so maybe you can comprehend this. Tua is better than Burrow. Trevor is better than both. Clemson is better than LSU. Any questions? Don't care if you do.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2020, 6:17 PM

Posted: Jan 12, 2020 1:27 PM

Let me be clear and type slowly so maybe you can comprehend this. Tua is better than Burrow. Trevor is better than both. Clemson is better than LSU. Any questions? Don't care if you do.

I understand loud and clear. I deal with stats and facts. You like to use opinion. Like they say everyone has one just like ### holes.

Jan 12, 2020, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Just replace Bama last season with LSU ]

Also, their receivers are better. Sorry.

Yeah, LSU became the first offense in college football history to feature a 5,000-yard passer (Burrow), a 1,000-yard rusher (Clyde Edwards-Helaire) and two 1,000-yard receivers (Chase and Justin Jefferson) in the same season.

I would argue that the LSU WRs are better because JB had more total yards, but being both groups had a Biletnikoff winner I can go with even.

NOTE it says College football history. As in the best EVER!!

Jan 12, 2020, 8:00 PM

Kind of hard to say “best ever” WHEN you LOSE your last game........Just ask Bama about it.........Go Tigers!!!!

Jan 12, 2020, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Just replace Bama last season with LSU ]

As I look at this objectively (granted, through my orange lenses), I see two GREAT offenses and one GREAT defense. I don't know how, but I think our D contains the LSU O just enough for us to win.

How do you stop Joe from putting up 45 ?

Jan 12, 2020, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Just replace Bama last season with LSU ]

It's called Defense, Y'all should try it sometime.

Our defense actually matches up better with LSU than

Jan 12, 2020, 10:16 AM

It did Bama last year.

This is going to be a fun game. We don’t have to rely on one man to win. We will be coming with 22 men that play balanced complimentary football.

Jan 12, 2020, 11:46 AM

And then replace our D with a new one and a completely different situation and then it is almost similar, so not really similar.

Jan 12, 2020, 12:03 PM

The ESecPN narrative is exactly the same.....like I said the only difference is they replaced Bama with LSU.......period .....Go Tigers!!!!!

Jan 12, 2020, 12:13 PM

True.

I’ve always kinda thought this was a T net

Jan 12, 2020, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Just replace Bama last season with LSU ]

Made up mind set

Then I heard on sports talk radio the other day about how this LSU team is the greatest ever and if they win it will solidify them as the best.

No mention of last years Clemson squad, just that this would be the greatest team in history if LSU wins.

A Clemson win would be good, but not best ever to have a back to back national champion QB who is a sophomore and hasn’t lost a single game he’s started on a 30 game winning streak.

It’s not a t net myth, we get credit, but it always to be dismissed with a but Tua was hurt, but they play play in the ACC, but something

Replace our defense with a statistically better one with the

Jan 12, 2020, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Just replace Bama last season with LSU ]

Highest defensive efficiency rating in the last 3 seasons of college football.

What ever will we do?!

Yes, call it "2019-The Corn Dog Version"***

Jan 12, 2020, 1:35 PM

Jan 12, 2020, 1:59 PM

I live that Clemson fans think this LSU team is last years Bama team.

The look on Clemson fans faces at halftime are going to be so funny to watch!

Jan 12, 2020, 3:02 PM

They figure if they stick with it; it will come true one day. Then they will all say. We told you so.

Jan 12, 2020, 3:06 PM

The obsession with comparing LSU to Alabama 2018..speaking of coming up with new material.

Jan 12, 2020, 6:36 PM

Clemson's going to win . Finding a way to beat really good football teams is old hat for Dabo and Tony and Brent .

The Bayou Bengals won their last game of the season on Dec. 28th .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic