Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just looking at the top 10 alone for 2020
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Just looking at the top 10 alone for 2020

Jan 23, 2020, 11:54 AM

UGA has no business being in the top 10. They lost to the coots at home.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just looking at the top 10 alone for 2020

Jan 23, 2020, 11:58 AM

Yet they finished 4th this past season. No one can convince me the polls are not biased. Time to get rid of the favoritism and let computers decide.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately computer models are inaccurate

Jan 23, 2020, 12:00 PM

There isn't enough cross conference play for computers to be useful. I'd prefer if they had a committee of professionals representing every conference to deliberate which teams are the best based on their resume and eye test.

Re: Unfortunately computer models are inaccurate

Jan 23, 2020, 12:02 PM

You don't think representatives from conferences would be accused of bias or favoritism?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course they are, and that's why they can debate

Jan 23, 2020, 12:05 PM

among themselves. I'm not sure why no one has thought of this yet

LOL, y'all lost to the coots, at home, and they

Jan 23, 2020, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Unfortunately computer models are inaccurate ]

were using their 3rd string QB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

unfortunately the computers are programmed by people

Jan 23, 2020, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Just looking at the top 10 alone for 2020 ]

the problem will still persist.

Jan 23, 2020, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Just looking at the top 10 alone for 2020 ]

2000® said:

Yet they finished 4th this past season. No one can convince me the polls are not biased. Time to get rid of the favoritism and let computers decide.

YEAH, Polls are biased. Nothing about the bowls that backed up SEC SUPERIORITY:

American Athletic Conference...Record: 4-3

Atlantic Coast Conference...Record: 4-7

Big Ten Conference...Record: 4-5

Big 12 Conference...Record: 1-5

Conference USA...Record: 3-5

Independents...Record: 2-1

Mid-American Conference...Record: 3-4

Mountain West Conference...Record: 4-3

Pac-12 Conference...Record: 4-3

Southeastern Conference...Record: 8-2

Sun Belt Conference...Record: 3-2

SEC had EIGHT wins. No two conferences had more.

Jan 24, 2020, 10:57 AM

The other conferences “didn’t want to be there” this year.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clearly***

Jan 24, 2020, 3:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 24, 2020, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Just looking at the top 10 alone for 2020 ]

psybj said:

2000® said:

YEAH, Polls are biased. Nothing about the bowls that backed up SEC SUPERIORITY:

American Athletic Conference...Record: 4-3

Atlantic Coast Conference...Record: 4-7

Big Ten Conference...Record: 4-5

Big 12 Conference...Record: 1-5

Conference USA...Record: 3-5

Independents...Record: 2-1

Mid-American Conference...Record: 3-4

Mountain West Conference...Record: 4-3

Pac-12 Conference...Record: 4-3

Southeastern Conference...Record: 8-2

Sun Belt Conference...Record: 3-2

SEC had EIGHT wins. No two conferences had more.

Who cares just remember Va Tech, Uva, Wake Forest, did not want to be there, I think that was the sec excuse when they struggled. I bet you can name all the sec wins this year in bowl play well guess what I am not even sure other than Uva that either of the teams i mentioned played in a bowl because I could care less about the ACC. I bet you are one of those guys that has an sec shirt and hat to wear when your team is not playing in the playoffs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2020, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Just looking at the top 10 alone for 2020 ]

First off, this is just one year. The SEC and the ACC tied last year with 6 wins a piece. UGA got blasted by Texas, South Carolina lost to UVA, in 2017 SEC went 5-6 ACC went 4-6 ( bama won the natty but didn’t even make it to the conference championship) wake forest beat A&M that year . UCF beat Auburn( the team that won the mighty SEC west) Notre Dame beat LSU that year. 2016 SEC went 6-7 ACC went 9-3. This year is an outlier. ACC will be better this year. Enough with your lies go back to the swamp you crawled out of and continue to scream obscenities at children

Exactly. look at 2016 too.

Jan 24, 2020, 11:17 PM

Wonder where that corndog went?

In Case You Forgot Go Eff Your Conference And LSU is Dirty

Jan 25, 2020, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Just looking at the top 10 alone for 2020 ]

along with wife beater Eddy

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ga. Mich. and ND are automatically overrated to start

Jan 23, 2020, 12:00 PM

the year EVERY year.

Re: Ga. Mich. and ND are automatically overrated to start

Jan 23, 2020, 12:47 PM

Michigan sucks.

Re: Ga. Mich. and ND are automatically overrated to start

Jan 23, 2020, 7:00 PM [ in reply to Ga. Mich. and ND are automatically overrated to start ]

Yes and I dont get it. It was the same after Frnk Mcguire left usuc. For years and years and years they would be highly ranked ..... just because. ????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

I hope ND is undefeated when we whupdatass.***

Jan 23, 2020, 8:13 PM [ in reply to Ga. Mich. and ND are automatically overrated to start ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2020, 8:00 PM

Said it once and say it again.Top 10 always loaded with sec teams.Just because you suck a little else than rest of teams in college football doesn’t mean you are worth a crap.

Jan 24, 2020, 3:35 PM

But still, they suck a little less.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2020, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Just looking at the top 10 alone for 2020 ]

Said it once and say it again.Top 10 always loaded with sec teams.Just because you suck a little else than rest of teams in college football doesn’t mean you are worth a crap.

SEC Teams win more games vs other conferences and kik #### in Bowls.
Dominate the NC games/playoffs.
More SEC players in NFL.

Of course you can point out some exceptions but take a large sample and this holds.

SEC teams and their fans enjoy competition at the highest level. Most of the arguments start when fans of teams in other conferences claim their conference teams are just as good or try to compare teams based on statistics derived from much weaker schedules.

Jan 24, 2020, 4:42 PM

The SEC dominates the CFP? They've had success, but I wouldn't call it dominance. They've won 3 titles in 6 years of the CFP, and LSU was the first SEC in forever other than Bama to win anything that matters.

Don't get me wrong, I do think the SEC is better overall in most years. However, I'd say that Clemson has proven over the past 5 years that they can hang with the best of the SEC. That doesn't mean Clemson is always going to come out on top such as LSU proved last week, but nobody in the SEC was able to match up with LSU this year either. Alabama ran through the SEC last year and got destroyed by Clemson. I say all of that because too often people act as if the rest of the ACC has any impact on how good Clemson is or isn't. The SEC can be the best conference, but not have the best team in a given year. This year they just happened to have the best team as well.

Jan 24, 2020, 5:35 PM

This was never a discussion about how good Clemson is. They are clearly among the best the country. It's a response to the never ending narrative that everyone on planet Earth is bias toward the SEC and against Clemson.

Jan 25, 2020, 12:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Just looking at the top 10 alone for 2020 ]

The SEC dominates the CFP? They've had success, but I wouldn't call it dominance. They've won 3 titles in 6 years of the CFP, and LSU was the first SEC in forever other than Bama to win anything that matters.

So winning half of the CFP tournaments played to date isn't dominance? In addition to Championships, SEC teams have combined for 9 CFP wins overall. That's the same number of wins as every other conference combined. And that's 9 wins against only 3 non-SEC losses. Plus SEC teams have only lost once in the Semi's (Bama in the first year).

Jan 24, 2020, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Just looking at the top 10 alone for 2020 ]

Why didn’t you reply to my comment I posted the conference bowl records back to 2016. I think you will see that you are ignorant to the facts.

Jan 24, 2020, 4:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Just looking at the top 10 alone for 2020 ]

dude you are crazy. The sec east is awful and is just now starting to gain traction with Florida becoming OK again. UGA is not good I don’t care where they are ranked. They lost to USUCK in Athens. They have no offense at all. Really man, it’s been Bama and no one else until this year. Ole miss, miss st, A&M, Auburn, usuck,Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Missouri. That’s 10 schools that have been completely irrelevant and are no better that the middle or bottom of every other P5. There is only 1 team to really be scared of l, and that’s been Bama. LSU has had one playoff appearance since it began. The SEC is top heavy, that’s it dude . You gotta be high

Jan 24, 2020, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Just looking at the top 10 alone for 2020 ]

https://topdan.com/college-football-conference-records/sec.html Go check out this link. Like I said top heavy. Besides LSU, UGA, and Alabama. SEC teams have around .500 or less against the power 5 since 2000. I will give you this LSU kills out of conference. Only one ACC team has beat LSU in the past 19 years. Clemson. The overall record for the past 19 years was 250-199 in favor of the SEC. Mainly because of LSU and Alabama.These include the Big East as well.

not in 2020***

Jan 24, 2020, 3:12 PM

Jan 24, 2020, 4:30 PM

cream and milk. Once a conference is voted preseason cream, it stays cream, cause cream beating cream never results in becoming bottom layer milk.

Jan 24, 2020, 4:50 PM

Not to take up for the SEC, but then argument is weak even though people use it all the time. If memory serves me correct, the SEC started with 6 top 25 teams this past season and finished with 5. That's not nearly as ridiculous of a starting number of top 25 teams as people like to make it out to be.

It's also not as if all of those teams only played each other. LSU went out and beat Texas on the road. Georgia beat ND, and Auburn beat Oregon who won the PAC 12. If you count the bowl season as well then LSU also beat Clemson and Oklahoma, Florida beat 3 ACC teams this season including the Coastal champion, and Bama beat Michigan without Tua.

To put it in other words, which of those teams wouldn't have finished near their final ranking had they started the season unranked?

On the flip side of things, which ACC teams would've finished in the top 10, or even in the top 25 had they started the season that high? Syracuse started the season at #19 and that didn't help them win any games.

Jan 24, 2020, 4:52 PM

I forgot to add Georgia beating a Baylor team who was an overtime loss away from winning the Big 12 and probably making the CFP.

Jan 24, 2020, 5:04 PM

This is one year. I’ve already posted bowl results since 2016. ACC went 9-3 that year SEC only won like 5. Sure the ACC has had a down year this year. The SEC has 10 teams that are irrelevant. You should go look at my post in the first page of this thread. I’m not typing it all out again

Jan 24, 2020, 5:23 PM

I read your post and 2016 was an ACC outlier when it was considered by many in hushed tones as one of the two best P5 conferences just like this year is an outlier as many in not so hushed tones looked down upon it as one of the worst.

So I agree with you. Year in and year out the ACC (outside of Clemson) does not usually horribly suck like it did this historic year. And sometimes it is very good. But it was pretty craptastic in 2019.

I think the 2020 season is looking brighter with UL and UNC showing a lot of promise. I would say FSU is promising....but who knows.

I've given up on Miami

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ol' Psy will be throwin' his BJ's around

Jan 24, 2020, 6:16 PM

This Bored for the next ten years, still thinking anyone here...or elsewhere, will be hanging their hat on this season. Enjoy the rear view window driving, Psy, it's the view you'll have...right along with Ol' Ryan Day, who still hasn't seen what's in front of him.

Jan 25, 2020, 12:21 AM

But they almost beat BAMA several years ago and they have won the national championship recruiting trophy like a bunch of times!

Jan 25, 2020, 5:39 PM

they have won the national championship recruiting trophy like a bunch of times!

Refresh my menory, what years did those "bunch of times" occur? I mean, Kirby had the #1 class a couple years ago, but that's pretty much been the only time. Richt certainly never did.

Jan 25, 2020, 7:33 PM

You read that "recruiting championship" stuff all the time here. At least it's better than the middle school "UGAY" that so many of them are fond of.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic