Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just heard Scott Van Pelt on sportcenter rant...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Just heard Scott Van Pelt on sportcenter rant...

Oct 4, 2016, 1:02 AM

for 2 minutes about how Lamar Jackson ALMOST led them to a thrilling heisman type victory. Unbelievable! So sickenening to hear all this crap instead of how clutch DW is and Clemson actually getting the win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come on man. People did the same thing about DW after the NC.

Oct 4, 2016, 1:08 AM

Louisville is the new kid in the top 10 with an electric player at QB. We won. Let'em have it.

Thats a pretty solid perspective.. I didn't think of it that way.***

Oct 4, 2016, 1:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Just heard Scott Van Pelt on sportcenter rant...

Oct 4, 2016, 1:36 AM

I'm having to get used to the transition of being elite. The "Clemson is coming" is now "We're here" and not going anywhere anytime soon.

Oct 4, 2016, 9:26 AM

Thumbs up

Yeah, what kills me is that it was a great team win

Oct 4, 2016, 1:52 AM

and the media is not touting it as that. First DW4 rallied the team, took the lead, and did his part. Then the D held, capped by a great play by Marcus Edmond to get Quick out with as little of a gain as was possible. That was Edmond's objective. Period. It turns out that the best Edmond could do WAS ENOUGH! Our D finished the game. Lamar Jackson gets 4 downs to score just like DW4 did when we were down by 8. He/they didn't get it done. Clemson won! The best TEAM won by making plays on O, And then finishing on D!!!

Go Tigers!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When are you going to learn

Oct 4, 2016, 5:52 AM

the Heisman voting ceased going the best college player a long time ago. It's all about the best player from the best team that will go highest in the draft. Loses in the last few weeks of the season really throw a wrench into the process.

It's everywhere....

Oct 4, 2016, 6:21 AM

I was listening to SiriusXM College Sports channel. Right after Packer goes off, Chris Collinsworth's son comes on with his new show spewing lunacy. I actually heard this idiot say that Clemson ran up a big lead in the first half, but couldn't score in the second half while UL roared back and should have won the game if not for an incorrectly marked first down marker.

Obviously, he didn't watch the game, but did have time to surf the UL message boards. If you listened, you came away with the impression that UL won, and there was only one QB in this game. I heard this same kind of inaccurate crap all day. It's a shame we had those turnovers, otherwise the commentary is about how UL was a pretender.

Message was edited by: ClemTig®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, because if it was reversed, and we had lost by

Oct 4, 2016, 9:21 AM

a last second attempt to win it.... they would have KILLED CLEMSON in the Media and still been bragging on Louisville.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Oct 4, 2016, 6:48 AM

That kid was an unknown heading into the season into one of the most electric players in the country. DW4 was in a similar situation, everyone knew he could be special but hadn't seen it. SVP was right, he ALMOST led a Heisman-like comeback. He did lead them to a comeback just to fall again. DW4 is almost expected to do these things at this point. He is expected to hit slants in the end zone for 6, not for picks. He is expected to hit the deep ball, not overthrow or underthrow. Lamar Jackson deserves some credit for his play. DW4 needs to make the throws he was making last year with for the talk to come back to him. After all that was said, DW4 is the better natural QB.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2016, 7:27 AM

LJ's fun to watch, so long as it's not against Clemson! LOL! He almost did...but DW4 DID lead the Heisman-type comeback.

Yes, LJ had the yardage stats over DW4...running almost 100 plays...15 minutes of possession. Have no fear, though, as the season moves along, pundits will come back to this game singing a different song. It will start with 4's leadership and end with the defense's 'bend, not break' effort versus 100 plays.

On tha point, note that Clemson's defense was cramping after every play, such as we witnessed a few years back against LSU.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last year ND should have won except for the "monsoon" ...

Oct 4, 2016, 8:31 AM

If we keep winning, they will all be on our bandwagon again as the playoffs approach.

that ONLY occurred on ND's side of the field***

Oct 4, 2016, 8:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

DW4 Played a Bad Game

Oct 4, 2016, 9:49 AM

For DW4 at least. I hope he starts throwing the ball like he is capable of.

Re: DW4 Played a Bad Game

Oct 4, 2016, 9:50 AM

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but instead Deshaun Watson led Clemson to a heisman type win***

Oct 4, 2016, 10:11 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kowtowing (or maybe 'horsetowing') for better Derby tickets.***

Oct 4, 2016, 10:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic