Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"This is Georgia. We ain't dumb!"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

"This is Georgia. We ain't dumb!"

Dec 3, 2020, 5:25 PM

"Do not be fooled twice! Why would you go back and vote in another rigged election?" - Trump loving lawyers to Georgia Republicans about voting in the Senate runoffs.

Did Trump usher in the era of crazy in the GOP or did the crazy usher in the era of Trump in the GOP?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just had the second GA young Repubulican door knocker...

Dec 3, 2020, 5:28 PM

this week.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just had the second GA young Repubulican door knocker...

Dec 3, 2020, 5:30 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just had the second GA young Repubulican door knocker...

Dec 3, 2020, 5:31 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get ready to lose 2 more Senate races***

Dec 3, 2020, 5:50 PM

1 million absentee applications received so far.***

Dec 3, 2020, 5:51 PM

^^Voted Biden, R down is absentee Ballot ;)***

Dec 3, 2020, 6:03 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

New Sherriff-D***

Dec 3, 2020, 6:05 PM

Have you heard nothing the POTUS has said?

Dec 3, 2020, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Get ready to lose 2 more Senate races*** ]

Pubs can't win in GA, it's fixed, don't even bother trying.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He lost.

Dec 3, 2020, 6:02 PM

:)

He seemingly can't stop losing.***

Dec 3, 2020, 6:06 PM

Re: Get ready to lose 2 more Senate races***

Dec 3, 2020, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Get ready to lose 2 more Senate races*** ]

Well, in an ordinary year you'd expect the Pub incumbents to win by 5 to 10, pretty easily. It's getting closer but it's still Georgia.

I still find it hard to believe the GOP will find a way to lose such an important runoff - the Party focus and ground game of the Republicans has always been superior, and their voters show up for things like runoffs, whereas the ever-disorganized Dems have the numbers but rarely the organization or turnout...but here's Trump doing his best to convince everyone the game was rigged. And Stacey Abrams has some game right now you don't usually see out of the Dems. (They assuredly didn't have it in either of the Carolinas, which underperformed badly compared to what they had hoped for.)

I have no idea if Trump's hijinks, combined with Abrams getting folks to turn out, hurts Perdue and Loeffler enough...but it might.

If there are independents out there like me, republicans will win.

Dec 3, 2020, 7:11 PM

No matter what I voted for last time, I would vote Republican in this runoff just to have a split congress. I don’t want one party controlling congress and the presidency. I don’t live in GA, but I did vote for Biden and then R down the ballot.

Re: "This is Georgia. We ain't dumb!"

Dec 3, 2020, 6:37 PM

Chuck,

Good question.

Dec 3, 2020, 6:45 PM

In person votes with an ID, pubs win. All other BS, Dems win. Country is done.

Dec 3, 2020, 6:53 PM

No, IMHO the Tea Party started this ball rolling. And that was mostly the Koch brothers fairly relentlessly pushing oligarchy and anti-climate science and playing a bunch of classic populist cards straight out of the '40's and '50's, really. Most of the Tea Partiers really, truly thought it was a "grassroots" organization, paid for a couple bucks a time by its base...nope. The Koch Brothers were almost entirely footing the bill.

The problem is that Trump, ever the opportunist, plucked the Tea Party's populist football right away from them, and ran off with it like the village idiot, making Heisman poses every ten feet, while the Koch Brothers gnashed their teeth in futile rage. Trump's derpish grandstanding and all-out assault on Democracy and decency was not the plan. Mitch McConnell's systemic cold-blooded attack on the Senate and the courts was very much the plan.

The Kochs were seriously unthrilled. But they were just the latest to learn nobody owns the angry mob, it belongs to the loudest and angriest voice.

As several posters here have mentioned, history doesn't repeat, but it sure does rhyme a good bit. This strangely parallels old Tailgunner Joe McCarthy doing the same thing with started by the faceless, systemic members of HUAC doing that Inquisition-style are-you-now-or-have-you-ever-been-a-Communist crap. (Hardly surprisingly, Nixon, of course, was one of the prime guys on the HUAC committee.)

And exactly like Joe McCarthy, Trump seems to have massively overplayed his hand. Legally his world is caving in on him right now and nobody is going to save him.

Dec 3, 2020, 6:58 PM

(Whoops, replied to wrong thread...sorry. Ignore this here. I'm sure many of you will anyhow.)

Dec 3, 2020, 7:30 PM

????

Dec 4, 2020, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Re: "This is Georgia. We ain't dumb!" ]

This is the problem with demagoguery. Any idiot can grab the baton and lead the emotional mob over the cliff.

Dec 3, 2020, 7:58 PM

Lin Wood and Sidney Powell are morons. I personally hope Republicans and Independents turn out to keep the Senate for the GOP. I think Trump will run on about "the Steal," but will also encourage voters to turn out en masse to avert having most of his policies reversed. Your question is an interesting one. It has been really bizarre to watch the demise of Rudy Guiliani's credibility, once thought of as "America's mayor."

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2020, 8:15 AM

The people who didn't have to live in his city might have bought the America's mayor crap but I don't think New yorkers ever did. They knew he was a clown all along.

Dec 4, 2020, 9:51 AM

No, I beg to differ. Rudy cleaned up the place. He won 2 terms as a Republican. I well remember walking NYC pre-Rudy and post Rudy.I remember NYC now. It's going downhill fast. I don't plan on going back anytime soon. A very violent and dirty city became clean and quite safe under his stewardship. Bloomberg continued this positive trend.Bill de Blasio has been a disaster. I have some very liberal friends who still live in Manhattan. They ALL told me they thought Rudy did a good job as mayor as well as Bloomberg and they wished either of them were still the mayor instead of the clueless de Blasio. This is indeed a small sample size, but if he were such a joke, it's hard to see how a Republican could win not one, but 2 terms in a city that is bright blue. I will agree that he seems lost now.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic