Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just give this basketball team another year of experience
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,395

Just give this basketball team another year of experience

Jan 3, 2015, 10:38 PM

and they may score 51 against UNC next year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Give Brownell time to recruit. In 10 years, maybe then you

Jan 3, 2015, 10:40 PM

can judge.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right. Maybe 15. Nobody has ever built a good

Jan 3, 2015, 10:49 PM

basketball team in less time than that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Let's just get crazy and give him a 30 year contract that

Jan 3, 2015, 10:57 PM

neither him nor us can get out of without paying each other 50 million.

Stability will resonate among recruits.

Re: Give Brownell time to recruit. In 10 years, maybe then you

Jan 3, 2015, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Give Brownell time to recruit. In 10 years, maybe then you ]

Brownell should sign his pay check over to KJ because he deserves it more .

Re: Give Brownell time to recruit. In 10 years, maybe then you

Jan 4, 2015, 8:20 PM

He's in year 5 and his teams are getting worse and worse. KJ saved his butt last year and they still lost 13 games. I don't see any more wins this year unless they catch a team on an off night and win 1 or 2 more games. What does DR do at that point? I just don't think he's a D1 coach.

Re: Just give this basketball team another year of experience

Jan 3, 2015, 11:12 PM

Surprisingly, I have friends, and still am told by many when I listen to WCCP, that Brownell is some type of basketball genius that will turn the corner soon. Problem is, he has been here 5 years, and the program is much worse than what he inherited. Now is Clemson ever going to be an elite basketball school. But neither should the program be as inept as it is currently. And total apathy is creeping into the program. Not even close to a sell out against UNC? I don't care of the students are back or not. And on a Saturday night at 8? That is pathetic. And the ones that were on hand were about as lukewarm as any crowd I have ever seen in Littlejohn when one of the big names comes in. And that is the problem that will get Brownell. Expectations have dropped to an all time low. You get the same feeling about the program as you did the last year of the Larry Shyatt experiment. No hope.

Re: Just give this basketball team another year of experience

Jan 4, 2015, 9:00 PM

You hit the nail on the head. Isn't he making over a million per year with 5 or 6 more years on his contract? I sometimes wonder if Coach K or Calapari could even win here. We don't have one shooter on this team. Are we supposed to be happy with just being a "football school"? I'm not. I have always loved and followed basketball and I'm in my 60's. I'm wondering if I'll ever see consistency in the basketball program. Bobby Roberts had some good teams, Tates Locke (although he cheated), Bill Foster, Cliff Ellis, Rick Barnes and Purnell had some moderate success. But, it has never been maintained. Never winning the ACC Tournament or winning in Chapel Hill is pathetic. I think we have only won 3 times in history at Duke. Looks like Tiger basketball fans have to remain frustrated. But, I'm sick and tired of it.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,395
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic