Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just can't get it out of my head
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Just can't get it out of my head

Nov 13, 2016, 4:14 PM

5 minutes left. Up by 8. About to score again or at the very least get a fg to clinch it.ESPN had us a 99.8% chance to win. We inexplicably throw and intercepted for 70 yard return giving them a short field

Then when we are about to escape we can't convert a 3rd and 1 two strait plays. Instead of run up the gut twice we call a pitch play... twice

Just mind boggling. Good news is a lot of teams lost which gives us another life. With that being said yesterday was an ultimate choke job on play calling. We got arrogant in our play calling. The officiating was horrendous, especially being the home team but it shouldn't have ever got down to that.

End of rant

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just can't get it out of my head

Nov 13, 2016, 4:16 PM

Yep. Can't think about it. Will drive you to the edge of madness.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All of US on TN, DaBO & Coaches and Entire Team

Nov 13, 2016, 4:17 PM

Say you are 110% Right and Thank You!

And we mean it, you are right!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll tell you why.....THE COACHES have not learned

Nov 13, 2016, 4:18 PM

their lessons from past and clueless when it comes to real time scenarios and put our players in high risk situations that cost us. Majority of our wins should be blow outs based on talents but coaches call plays that are beyond comprehension....

Nov 13, 2016, 4:22 PM

Bingo. Bad bad play calling. It caught up with us. Hope Tony and Jeff learn.

Can anyone help them find the jet sweep!?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was thinking sneak it out of jumbo package

Nov 13, 2016, 4:24 PM

And let the bigs bulldoze the pile across the line!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2016, 4:26 PM

Yes I went through shock, denial, anger, grief, and acceptance all in about four hours. I look at it this way: we should've lost in NC State, so we traded it for Pitt. Karma. Play with fire enough, you're going to get burned

As bad as it is we are fortunate to have only 1 loss***

Nov 13, 2016, 4:28 PM

Nov 13, 2016, 4:33 PM

Could have run the jet sweep to get to the edge with Scott or McCloud to get the 2 yards. Our running game was anemic yesterday.

Nov 13, 2016, 4:39 PM

That has been the case for running game just about all season.

Nov 13, 2016, 5:10 PM

I'm glad someone else realizes that with an 8 point lead, 5 minutes to go in the game, & you have the ball on the opponents 5 yard line, you don't throw the ball. If we had run it 3 times, regardless of whether or not we get a TD, we take over 2 minutes off the clock,& then kick the chip shot fg (like an extra point) ,go up by 11 with less than 3 minutes remaining. We really did not need a td in this situation. The only way,in my opinion that we could have lost the game is the way we did. We threw a pass, had a long interception return, & have a relatively quick TD scored on us. I personally liked going for it on 4th down, but he play call was awful ! Jumbo package going straight ahead or between guard & tackle is a lot easier to make than going left & outside.I don't mind losing to teams that are better or equally as good as us. However, when you lose at home to a team like Pitt,blame is squarely on the coaching staff, Dabo , Brent, Jeff, & Tony. Hopefully,as much as our players need to get ready for the rest of the season, our coaches do as well. Lets not talk about how bad the officiating was-truly awful, but we should be able to get over bad calls when we are playing a team the caliber of Pitt at home !! GOOO TIGERS !!!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic