Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just announced on ACCN every Wake Helmet
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Just announced on ACCN every Wake Helmet

Sep 12, 2020, 9:50 AM

Will have Black Lives Matter on the back. This is is the organization that wants “the disruption of the nuclear family” and was started by “trained marxists”.

Glad I don’t donate to Wake. Hope our leaders are more educated and don’t do something like this.

Put “anti-racism” or some other phrase but please don’t support an organization bent on the destruction of the family - the very thing that has hurt blacks the most.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just announced on ACCN every Wake Helmet

Sep 12, 2020, 9:53 AM

From Baptist university to supporter of Marxists in a few short years. Sad.

Sep 12, 2020, 9:55 AM

I don't support the BLM organization, but who cares what Wake has on their helmets?

Sep 12, 2020, 9:57 AM

Probably not even wakes 20 fans

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2020, 9:58 AM

Germans. Old news.

Sep 12, 2020, 10:01 AM

What's a nuclear family ? All the countries with atomic energy capabilities ? Atomic weapons ? Families who have one or more members working in a nuclear facility ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 12, 2020, 10:08 AM

Since all this started the group BLM has raised roughly a billion dollars. Thats with a B. What exactly are they doing with all of this cash you may ask. Where are the new schools, outreach programs, scholarships, etc that might actually help even a single black person improve their lot in life? The answer is that is goes either directly into the coffers of the DNC or it completely vanished, just as it does when you send it to that prince in Nigeria. The fact these sports morons think they are doing anything other than enriching a bunch of America hating con men speaks to the current state of intellectual discourse allowed on college campuses.

Sep 12, 2020, 10:32 AM

Wake Forest has always been a class act. Never any doubt on any front of that issue. Thus when Wake does something, it is likely from an enlightened position.

You may not agree with it, but recognize the true altruistic motivations behind something that a place like Wake decides to speak upon an issue. Don't blast crud because it does not align with you world view.

Plus don't display anything that might suggest to the casual observer of a position so ignorant as to spread falsehoods. Does you a disservice. If you are going to make a point about a groups principles. make sure you include the important QUALIFIER on a group's position.

BLM wants to "disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families ".

All they are saying is that BLM support each other communally through extended family and friends. This is and should be a basic principle of any community of faith to support those of our extended families. Not saying that a strong nuclear family has benefits, but the "nuclear" family is a 1900s invention (if you can't tell by the name) and mostly a tax incentive if nothing else. It also has downsides such as the loss of responsibility for those outside the nuclear element.

And I support this idea 110%. Why? Not because I support BLM but rather with ideals that support the rights of an individual to be able to succeed. Because I place the efforts of an individual over that of any "weakness" in a condition of birth-status. Any kid, by the efforts of their own work, should be able to succeed regardless of their family structure or place by birth. I don't care if you parents were together, not, or even grandparents. If you are not providing those to make an opportunity where hard work is rewarded and where conditions at "birth" or upbringing are considered "a requirement".I don't go rushing into supporting all of BLM or such, but you can distill elements and principles where one might agree.

Sep 12, 2020, 11:19 AM

This Marxist group stands for the opposite of everything you just described oh enlightened one. Good grief wake up.

Sep 12, 2020, 12:23 PM

Tardog said:

This Marxist group stands for the opposite of everything you just described oh enlightened one. Good grief wake up.

Just because you keep repeating stupid stuff, doesn't make it true. You really need to get more educated .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2020, 12:37 PM

More educated??? Lol. Ok professor.

Sep 12, 2020, 12:43 PM

Sure, you do realize that you responding to one that holds that title.

By the way, repetition increases perceived validity regardless of whether or not the statement is true. Sadly that research set was part of my dissertation. Say fiction to enough folks and they start believing it because they rather validate their own opinions than seek enlightenment. That isn't politically exclusive based on party affiliation.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=repetition+increases+validity&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart

Sep 12, 2020, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Just announced on ACCN every Wake Helmet ]

They aren't marxist. They ain't even that Engel-ish.(Really what most folks think in therms of marxism in "practical" application). Nowhere in the BLM philosophy do they follow an marxist economic philosophy. They are not connecting labor or property to the state.

At best, and this is where conspiracy theorist connect the unicorn dots: they share a similar criticism such as found in Engel's Origin of Family, Property, and the State... which was a skewed adaptation of an American culturalist. Basically a criticism that patriarchal inheritance system was not a "natural law" but rather (in modern context) a social construct. You can find a LOT of different philophical traditions that would contain similar criticisms. However, Engels is coot-dung crazy in his assertion such thaat, for example, that a system based on monogamy was leading to prostitution. That is, at the base the problem, the biggest issue of both Marx & Engels. Their observations and their criticisms of the absurdities of 1800s property management systems were fundamentally correct (basically a system whereby wealth was horded by a specific class - not so much as to progress forward, but a system that was more concerned at preventing loss). However, their prescriptions were flawed beyond reason. They were so focused on tossing anything out that was even slightly associated with property rights, they created a "solution" was would never work. They designed an airplane but because they did not believe in right wings, they had a twin, left wing boondoggle.

You want to go there? I can pull my Marx-Engel reader that sits next to the John Stuart Mills ... though I prefer Kant's kant's deontological ethics but also prefer and mix in Mill's liberalism. I don't follow the utilitarism. You got to read and understand most if not ALL sides before making a rational decision.

Sep 12, 2020, 12:51 PM

Lol. I sat through 8 years of college and this sounds like the same bull ... I remember. So, you are actually a professor?? That explains a lot.

Sep 12, 2020, 1:15 PM

Sounds like a story, what happened during those 8 years?

Yes, I am a "professor" but don't teach anymore - I realized I liked doing more than teaching so I actually practice my field, not hypothesis about it between lectures.

Sep 12, 2020, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Just announced on ACCN every Wake Helmet ]

FutureDoc said:

They aren't marxist. They ain't even that Engel-ish.(Really what most folks think in therms of marxism in "practical" application). Nowhere in the BLM philosophy do they follow an marxist economic philosophy. They are not connecting labor or property to the state.

At best, and this is where conspiracy theorist connect the unicorn dots: they share a similar criticism such as found in Engel's Origin of Family, Property, and the State... which was a skewed adaptation of an American culturalist. Basically a criticism that patriarchal inheritance system was not a "natural law" but rather (in modern context) a social construct. You can find a LOT of different philophical traditions that would contain similar criticisms. However, Engels is coot-dung crazy in his assertion such thaat, for example, that a system based on monogamy was leading to prostitution. That is, at the base the problem, the biggest issue of both Marx & Engels. Their observations and their criticisms of the absurdities of 1800s property management systems were fundamentally correct (basically a system whereby wealth was horded by a specific class - not so much as to progress forward, but a system that was more concerned at preventing loss). However, their prescriptions were flawed beyond reason. They were so focused on tossing anything out that was even slightly associated with property rights, they created a "solution" was would never work. They designed an airplane but because they did not believe in right wings, they had a twin, left wing boondoggle.

You want to go there? I can pull my Marx-Engel reader that sits next to the John Stuart Mills ... though I prefer Kant's kant's deontological ethics but also prefer and mix in Mill's liberalism. I don't follow the utilitarism. You got to read and understand most if not ALL sides before making a rational decision.

Wow ...
You are clearly convinced you are the smartest person in this or any room...
I won’t waste much time in a lengthy response, as I’m certain you’re not to be persuaded towards anything other than your own self affirmed position...

I’ll just say this - when it comes to any political or pseudo political organization- actions always speak louder than words ...

The BLM organization’s actions or lack thereof with regard to actual constructive action in the black community tell me all I need to know about their true intentions...

Sep 12, 2020, 1:04 PM

Yes, I am typically the smartest in any room when I am alone. And when I am not, you bet I am working harder than those that are.

Any rational mind is and should be able to adopt new understanding based on new evidence. Kinda the point of enlightened.

Show me one political organization that has their dung together and I will acknowledge it. Here is the trick - not one is even remotely sane and rarely constructive to their own community. My own slant is so idealistic and fragmented, our candidates are often loonies.

Sep 12, 2020, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Just announced on ACCN every Wake Helmet ]

FutureDoc said:

Wow ...
You are clearly convinced you are the smartest person in this or any room...
I won’t waste much time in a lengthy response, as I’m certain you’re not to be persuaded towards anything other than your own self affirmed position...

I’ll just say this - when it comes to any political or pseudo political organization- actions always speak louder than words ...

The BLM organization’s actions or lack thereof with regard to actual constructive action in the black community tell me all I need to know about their true intentions...

^^^^^ This ^^^^^***

Sep 12, 2020, 12:58 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2020, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Just announced on ACCN every Wake Helmet ]

Spin it how you want, Either way it’s a Terrorist, Hate organization.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2020, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Just announced on ACCN every Wake Helmet ]

Future Doc, what is your future degree? MD, PhD or other?

Sep 12, 2020, 12:55 PM

Ph.D. From Clemson awarded more than a decade ago. That is me in my avatar pic. I have the purple pimp-suit regalia and I bust it out for graduations (and Halloween).

The "future" isn't about the degree progress. I married into a family of "Docs" between my masters and Ph.D. It was coined by my father-in-laws bluegrass pickin' buddies. My father in law is "Doc", mother in law is Mrs. Doc, daughter is "LittleDoc". Thus when engaged and doing the family rounds I was a futuredoc more because I was joining doc's family, I was futuredoc. Kept it.

I also have a sister in law that is an MD. Docs all around.

Sep 12, 2020, 12:59 PM

Well ... aren't y'all special? Bless your hearts!

Sep 12, 2020, 1:07 PM

Statistically speaking, yes. And thankful that god blessed me with such both a humble, patient and understanding mind. ;)

Sep 12, 2020, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Just announced on ACCN every Wake Helmet ]

My father had a PhD - as a joke his mother used to say “he’s not the kind of doctor that helps anyone”. My father didn’t take himself so seriously and you shouldn’t either. My family is loaded with them too as well as MDs and dentists. But you don’t find any of them referring to themselves as doctor anything. Their self esteem doesn’t ride on a few letters after their name.
What an organization stands for and how the money is spent matters to most. If not to you that’s fine.

Sep 12, 2020, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Just announced on ACCN every Wake Helmet ]

BLM is an admitted Marxist organization. Type all you want, but it won’t change that fact.

Sep 12, 2020, 1:11 PM

Provide proof - heck, their anti-establishmentism kinda flies in the face of the marxist ideals.

From the all knowing Wikipedia

Sep 12, 2020, 11:57 AM

Take for what it is (or isn't).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raised_fist#:~:text=The%20black%20fist%2C%20also%20known,the%20northern%20soul%20music%20subculture

All Lives Matter***

Sep 12, 2020, 12:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Learn the separate the phrase from the organization***

Sep 12, 2020, 12:24 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dont forget the black supremicist fist sticker***

Sep 12, 2020, 12:35 PM

please refer to this post

Sep 12, 2020, 12:47 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa;jsessionid=EDA7C7BB712DC2E27873BFA4F56194C1?messageID=27749228

this is on the PnR board not the football board***

Sep 12, 2020, 3:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic