Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just a note of advice for those who are starting to emerge
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Just a note of advice for those who are starting to emerge

Jun 11, 2020, 11:46 AM

from your homes ...

DO NOT practice your driving between the hours of 7:00am - 9:00am, 11:00am-1:30pm, 4:30pm-6:30pm!!

I have literally watched you daily:

(1) sit still at a green light for five seconds before looking up from your phone;
(2) slam on your brakes in front of a line of traffic because you missed your turn;
(3) steer across three lanes of moving rush-hour traffic just so you can make your turn ... without signaling;
(4) slow down for ants crossing the road (I am assuming it's ants since I noticed absolutely NO reason for you to apply your brakes;
(5) have your head turned 180 degrees away from the direction your vehicle is travelling.
(6) applying makeup with neither of your hands on the steering wheel while your vehicle is moving forward;
(7) not using the left lane properly. And, in the process, slowing down the 5-6 idiots right behind you and have no clue there is a right lane.

Anyone want to add others?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Just a note of advice for those who starting to emerge

Jun 11, 2020, 11:50 AM

8. Talk rapidly with your hands moving all over the place instead of keeping them on the steering wheel.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We had a health and safety topic about this on a work call...

Jun 11, 2020, 11:54 AM

One of my co-workers had not driven for almost 2 months. She said she was having a hard time focusing on the job of driving when she did drive for the first time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We had a health and safety topic about this on a work call...

Jun 11, 2020, 12:09 PM

She- well that speaks volumes. (OK Im just messing with you.)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We had a health and safety topic about this on a work call...

Jun 11, 2020, 12:11 PM

you better put a ;) or a "just joking" before you offend someone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I expected the joke. ??

Jun 11, 2020, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: We had a health and safety topic about this on a work call... ]

But the problem is real. Folks do get a bit rusty.

Re: I expected the joke. ??

Jun 11, 2020, 12:29 PM

yep they do. I literally went in a store for the first time in 3 months today. Been doing everything curbside. I just dropped batteries in recycling by the front door but still. No in store visits from early march till now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not many people think logical or have a great sense of humor

Jun 11, 2020, 12:35 PM [ in reply to I expected the joke. ?? ]

which you seem to. Most react instead of reason.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

m0f0, better stop flirting with her...

Jun 11, 2020, 12:48 PM

I think she's married

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

you just ruined my day bob! I still can not get a date.

Jun 11, 2020, 12:55 PM

Tried on line dating with and without a picture. Didn't get one single hit. Now I'm trying TNET and I'll be daggum if this isn't working. I now have a life of sads.

Message was edited by: ;)

If you’re still looking, Tmail . . .

Jun 11, 2020, 6:22 PM

@FrancisMarion

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What Are They Doing On The Road? ---

Jun 11, 2020, 12:08 PM

Signal left but turn to the right.
Signal right but turn to the left.
Signal light stays on for 10 to 30 miles and they don't even plan on turning anytime soon.
Drive 2 miles per hour just because the car is very fancy....Mercedes....Lexus....Lincolns....Equis....Jaguars.

I've also noticed Asian adults do not drive the speed limit. They drive below it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2020, 12:09 PM

#10. Speed up and pass someone, get in your lane, only to slam on your brakes to make a turn when there is no one behind either of you for a couple tenths. Why not slow down and get behind the person slightly ahead of you.

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

Re: #10

Jun 11, 2020, 4:48 PM

Good one! I’ll add that person that turns out right in front of you when no ones behind you...then proceeds to make a left 200 yds later. Also (maybe same person) who watches you approach for half a mile, then when you are 100yds away turns out in front of you.

#7 is the pet peeve for me. When I finally get my

Jun 11, 2020, 12:14 PM

Ice Bullet Rocket Tire Destruction Remote Programmable Launcher completed, those people are in deep doo doo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2020, 12:26 PM

Ok here is what gets me- the inability to plan more than one car length ahead of where you are on turns and lane changes. then stop dead and screw up everyone and cause an accident because you're a dope

Jun 11, 2020, 12:44 PM

Slowing down to merge onto the interstate. I have rarely had a problem even in moderately heavy traffic by getting up to speed. Having to stop is aggravating.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2020, 12:59 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCeF8BSYXMo

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jun 11, 2020, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Just a note of advice for those who starting to emerge ]

I drive from Spartanburg to Greenville everyday during the week for work. Prior to the pandemic the ride to work was not too bad because I Went to work before rush hour. The drive home was always an adventure because people are stupid and do not pay attention to what they are doing so there was always a wreck on 85 north so my 30 minute drive was always an hour.

Once the virus hit it seemed like 85% of people were staying home so the drive going to work and returning home was excellent. 30 minutes flat both ways. I am considered an essential worker so I had to go to work everyday.

Now the morons are all coming out of their hibernation and my commute is getting interesting again. All the reasons listed above apply, but I will add I have never seen the need for such speed. Traffic goes between 70 and 80 on 85 which is fast enough, but all the practicing NASCAR drivers have gone crazy. So now the morons are doing everything the original poster described above except they are dong it at 10 to 15 pmh faster!

I am thankful for the lack of school traffic. That ALWAYS

Jun 11, 2020, 1:15 PM

adds 10-15 minutes to my commute.

Jun 11, 2020, 12:49 PM

# Don’t turn going down a hill into a lane in front of a Truck and horse Trailer going 40-50 mph slower unless you like tire marks on your car, like killing several horses and want to pull the seat out of my rear end. ????????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Here is mine...

Someone who stops at a green light before making a right turn. There is a traffic light near work that I have to make a left. There is no arrow...so you go when you can. People in the oncoming traffic making a right turn often stop first.

It drives me crazy....

Re: Just a note of advice for those who are starting to emerge

I have found folks drive just as badly as they did before Covid. Most folks should not be on the dang road and should be forced to UBER.

Heck some of them can't drive either.***

Jun 11, 2020, 12:56 PM

Very true...had very harrowing experiences via UBER +1

Jun 11, 2020, 3:03 PM

nm

You will always be in the right if you treat others as you want to be treated!

Jun 11, 2020, 1:15 PM

Observed by me, sheet music on the steering wheel and playing a music instrument while driving on
I20 going into Cootville. Oh, yeah only one in the car.

OMG! That is awful!!

Jun 11, 2020, 1:22 PM

But, it reminds me of an incident I lived through. My boss and I were headed to a project site; my boss was driving. He got on the phone, proceeded to open a 30"x42" drawing on the steering wheel and dashboard, and discuss a project. All while driving about 45-55 mph on a highway. I thought my life was over that day.

My personal favorite is ignoring the

Jun 11, 2020, 2:23 PM

Lane ending / merge right signs

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can guarantee you ... anyone who is barreling up in a

Jun 11, 2020, 2:44 PM

lane blocked by orange cones trying to get in front of me will be carrying those cones home on their car.

This is my exact attitude when people don't zipper

Jun 11, 2020, 2:48 PM

merge properly:

I'll be ###### if you're cutting in front of me when I saw you speed up from 1/4 mile back!

Re: This is my exact attitude when people don't zipper

Jun 11, 2020, 4:53 PM

Makes me furious when someone else lets them in. “Awww, now your an a-hole too!”

Jun 11, 2020, 4:44 PM

* trying to be the 6th person through the red light so you can make your left turn.
* and no, left turns without an arrow do NOT have the right-of-way.

By the way you described Florence before the virus.

When you’re done at crowded gas pumps.........

Jun 11, 2020, 6:12 PM

LEAVE!

Jun 12, 2020, 2:31 AM

#2 - Definitely not a great experience traveling 70+ on I-40/85 north of Greensboro. Was shocked the dipsh*t failed to cause a 20 car pile up.

>> Failure to use turn signals. Have seen very few mind readers using the roads.

>> Driving without headlights in the dark, not to mention doing it with a dark colored vehicle.

>> Not using headlights in rainy weather. Visibility is decreased much more if the vehicle is in front of one using lights. Guess the idiots think everyone has 20-20 vision. Appears many can't see much further than the front of their vehicle.

>> Speeding past in the left lane then cutting in front to make the upcoming exit although there are no vehicles behind in the right lane within two hundred yards

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic