Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Junior/seniors returning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,734

Junior/seniors returning

Jan 2, 2021, 9:50 AM

So who is going to go pro and who is going to come back to redeem themselves???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Junior/seniors returning

Jan 2, 2021, 9:54 AM

Honestly the only ones that could make it in the Pro’s right now are Trevor, ETN and Amari. Jackson Carmen needs to come back.

Everyone else needs to come back. Some may just be ready to move on with life though.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 10:05 AM

Agree. Yet we will have a select few that value themselves higher than the experts. They will go undrafted or get drafted much lower. Happens about every year. Good point on the ones just ready to move on. Anxious to hear on guys like XT, Skalski, DK, Turner, just to name a few.

Jan 2, 2021, 10:33 AM

Those who have had trouble following the team rules (XT, Kendrick) need to move on. Dabo can call it a Love Shack or whatever he wants, but if they did something that is egregious enough that he sat them down for a game or games, as late in their careers as they are, they need to move on out of here. At best it is distracting, at worst it is culture eroding.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Junior/seniors returning ]

Powell could leave. Not much left for him to prove. Waited out his turn & delivered, just not sure how much one season will do for him in draft stock.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Powell's stock may be at a level now it will never reach

Jan 2, 2021, 10:32 AM

again. Next year with Ross/Ngata/Ladsen back, will he get the snaps he did this year? It may boil down to if he gets a combine invite (assuming they have it) or not.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Junior/seniors returning ]

I agree with this too. Amari's stock will never be higher, and as others have said Powell should take his shot now as depth chart will become an issue next year. DK is gone, doesn't seem "all-in". Suspect XT will be gone either thru draft or booted/transfer. Carmen needs to come back to build his stock back up hopefully

One I haven't heard mentioned that I really hope returns....

Jan 2, 2021, 10:09 AM

B.T. Potter.

He can finally lay claim to having the best hair on the team if he returns.

That and no kickoff returns would be pretty big for next year

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would love to see Skalski and Turner come back. They were

Jan 2, 2021, 10:37 AM

playing at a very high level all year, and could really help us again next year. Others, like Carman at OT, if he was only average in 4 years, he is only going to be average in 5, unless there is some line coaching change, or coaching philosophy change. Cornell Powell should go, I don't think his draft stock, if there is any, will ever get any higher than right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would love to see Skalski and Turner come back. They were

Jan 2, 2021, 10:41 AM

I would love to see Kendrick move on he repeatedly got burnt last night .

Jan 2, 2021, 11:58 AM

I'm troubled deeply by the Seniors that might be coming back and blocking younger and more talented players from getting on the field. Do we really want the same group of linebackers coming back again? They are not going to get any taller or faster and their likely the smallest group I have seen at a Power 5 school. Playing with heart, emotion, and a high football IQ is wonderful. Unfortunately, none of those things will drop a 220 lb RB in the open field. Would it not be preferable to go with some younger, highly touted prospects that have superior foot speed and tackling ability? You may have some busts early in the season but the final product looks a lot more like a top tier SEC LB crew as opposed to the current situation.

Jan 2, 2021, 12:21 PM

Are we sure Justyn Ross is coming back? It doesn't seem like it would make sense form him to declare, but what do I know? Seems like he could work himself back into rd1 next year

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,734
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic