Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Baffled on why Trapp starts over Hemenway
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Baffled on why Trapp starts over Hemenway

Feb 13, 2020, 1:17 AM

Makes no sense at all. Trap is shooting a horrible percentage and does every game. Also can't shoot free throws. Then there's hemenway who didn't miss a single shot tonight. He plays with poise and the moment doesn't look too big for him. Like the game has slowed down alot for Alex. Personally I'm seeing Brad show seniority crap and I've always been a believer the best player plays. Anyone who watches Clemson basketball knows Trapp is not the best PG we have on that team. Enough said. I want more Alex on the court.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Join the club!!!!!

Feb 13, 2020, 1:22 AM

If you want to miss shots and turn the ball over, Trapp is your guy.

Literally makes no sense. Hemenway's upside is off the charts. I will happily live with some growing pains.

Re: Join the club!!!!!

Feb 13, 2020, 1:27 AM

I'm with you on that! He already has Trapp beat on a few categories. #1 Alex made almost all his free throws this year. Trapp is like 30 percent on the year .
#2 Trapp shoots like 15-20 percent from 3. Alex is almost triple that lol. I also so great rotation on defense in the zone from Alex tonight. Moves very well. Plays poised. I think everyone sees the next Terrance Oglesby ... I just hope Brad wakes up to utilize it

Feb 13, 2020, 5:47 AM

When is Hunter coming back? He played pretty well before the injury. I also like Hemenway. He and Hunter are going to give us really good shooting from the 2, next year.

Feb 13, 2020, 7:52 AM

I think the theory is Trapp is better defensively but I dont see it really. Also I've wondered about Chase Hunter. I think he could be borderline on a med red shirt but I'm no expert

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exaggerating the stats.

Feb 13, 2020, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Join the club!!!!! ]

Trapp is shooting 27% from 3 and 44% from the FT line. Not good but better than you stated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

the free throw thing is mindset

Feb 13, 2020, 8:39 AM

his frame of mind is wrecked before he even gets to the line i bet. Its a weak mind set that alludes to a guy like Trapp being 44%. I bet when he practices he makes 8 out of 10. You'd be surprised how much optimism helps with free throws. Good setup, good motion, and a healthy mindset gets you to 70% barring some physical affliction or handicap.

Re: Baffled on why Trapp starts over Hemenway

Feb 13, 2020, 7:11 AM

Trapp is the better overall player is why he starts. Hemenway should be getting more minutes no doubt and making shots is very important in basketball ofcourse but it is not the only thing.

he definitely should play more minutes than Scott

Feb 13, 2020, 8:41 AM

Scott played alot last night and i don't know really what he brings. I don't mind him playing to give some guys a breather but he play way more than hemenway. Puzzling.

Feb 13, 2020, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Baffled on why Trapp starts over Hemenway ]

You've got to be kidding , saying that Trapp is the better overall player!! He's a good athlete , and could probably be good at track and field, but a D1 basketball player , he is not. He wouldn't be getting minutes at almost every other team in our league. The guy can play a little D, but he can't throw it in the ocean on the offensive end. If you've got the ball in your hands that much, you've got to be able to score it and / or dish it very efficiently or your team will loose a lot of games. Hemingway should have been getting minutes from day 1 . Only when all else failed did he get a shot. Great job CBB. Let's give him a raise. Ha ha.

Feb 13, 2020, 10:51 AM

He averages 4 rebounds 3 assist and 6 points a game. Not great but solid all around. Hemenway does rebound or get assist when he has been in. Ofcourse he may if he got more minutes. I think he is going to be great and has an amazing stroke but Trapp is better right now.

Feb 13, 2020, 9:00 AM

User Logo
BrabbTiger22
Associate AD [824]
TigerPulse: 70%
Baffl­ed on why Trapp starts over Hemenway [1]
Posted: Feb 13, 2020 1:17 AM

Makes no sense at all. Trap is shooting a horrible percentage and does every game. Also can't shoot free throws. Then there's hemenway who didn't miss a single shot tonight. He plays with poise and the moment doesn't look too big for him. Like the game has slowed down alot for Alex. Personally I'm seeing Brad show seniority crap and I've always been a believer the best player plays. Anyone who watches Clemson basketball knows Trapp is not the best PG we have on that team. Enough said. I want more Alex on the court.

WOULD LOVE TO SEE ALEX PLAY MORE BUT HE IN NOT A POINT GUARD. SEEN HIM PASS BUT DO NOT KNOW IF I HAVE EVER SEEN HIM DRIBBLE.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2020, 9:18 AM

I answered this question yesterday and was blasted: Hemenway is a great shooter but not a complete player..yet.

Feb 13, 2020, 9:25 AM

TRUE BUT WE NEED HIM IN THERE IN GOOD SPURTS. AND THOSE SPURTS WILL ONLY GET LONGER WITH EXPERIENCE.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2020, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Baffled on why Trapp starts over Hemenway ]

Yep he is a great 6th man and should play as much as last night all the time. Trapp and Dawes is our best back court combo tho.

Because Trapp is a much better ball handler, passer,

Feb 13, 2020, 12:01 PM

rebounder and defender?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Because Trapp is a much better ball handler, passer,

Feb 13, 2020, 1:10 PM

Some people only see the ball go through the hoop when it comes to basketball I reckon.

Feb 13, 2020, 7:50 PM

Trapp should be on the court more often than not. This team plays much better with him on the court. Could be like someone else mentioned earlier that Hemenway takes a some of Scott's minutes from here out. As well as subbing for Mack more at times when Mack needs a breather.

Because Trapp is a PG, Hemenway isn't***

Feb 13, 2020, 8:00 PM

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic