Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jared Fields vs Trevor Lawrence after 3 weeks.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

Jared Fields vs Trevor Lawrence after 3 weeks.

Sep 18, 2018, 12:19 PM

JF 14 of 17 for 142 yards 2 tds 0 int

TL 26 of 42 for 424 yards 5 Tds 1 int

going by the stats, and stats do not lie, Lawrence is about 2.5-3x better as a QB than fields at this point in their careers, which most of us already knew. I imagine when ESPN re releases their recompiled recruiting rankings for 2018, we will see Fields back where he belongs in the 3-4 star range with Lawrence being the consensus #1 player in CFB.

Message was edited by: Tigerbalm1®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jason Fields vs Trevor Lawrence after 3 weeks.

Sep 18, 2018, 12:20 PM

* Jared

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 18, 2018, 12:24 PM

I think its Jerry Fields.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Strawberry. Strawberry Fields, Forever.

Sep 18, 2018, 12:26 PM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2018, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Jason Fields vs Trevor Lawrence after 3 weeks. ]

Jackie. it's Jackie

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2018, 7:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Jason Fields vs Trevor Lawrence after 3 weeks. ]

any kin to sally ??

Re: Jared Fields vs Trevor Lawrence after 3 weeks.

Sep 18, 2018, 12:28 PM

Justin fields is a poor mans Jameis Winston.

I ran all the stats through my proprietary software

Sep 18, 2018, 12:37 PM

and TL is actually 3.48972 times better than Jeffery or Joey or whatever that guy's name is.

Re: I ran all the stats through my proprietary software

Sep 18, 2018, 12:39 PM

Joey is a Girls name also.
so there's that.

Maybe Mrs. Garrett has the stats?

Sep 18, 2018, 12:37 PM

going by the stats, and stats do not lie, Lawrence is about 2.5-3x better as a QB than fields at this point in their careers, which most of us already knew. I imagine when ESPN re releases their recompiled recruiting rankings for 2018, we will see Fields back where he belongs in the 3-4 star range with Lawrence being the consensus #1 player in CFB.

Fields hasn't played half the snaps that Trevor has... but his stats are on par with Lawrence. It's far to early to compare these QBs but does rushing the football count? It use to in clemson's offense but doesn't seem to exist when TLaw in in the game. Yes Trev's made some nice passes and his receivers made a few nice runs after the fact but let's not put him in the Heisman race yet. It's one thing to throw a td pass but a completely different matter to actual lead your team to victory. Neither of these QBs has done that yet.

Rushing

Fields - 3 7 67 22.3 9.6 17 1

TLaw - 3 7 13 4.3 1.9 10 0

Sep 18, 2018, 12:38 PM

We will see where their stats are at the end of the year when UGA is in the Sugar Bowl playing 8-4 Michigan.

Sep 18, 2018, 12:44 PM

We will see where their stats are at the end of the year when UGA is in the Sugar Bowl playing 8-4 Michigan.

4 losses? You're not the sharpest tool in the shed are you? We should jump the tigers in the coach's poll this week.

Sep 18, 2018, 12:53 PM

4 losses? You're not the sharpest tool in the shed are you? We should jump the tigers in the coach's poll this week.

I not sure either team goes undefeated but I will say Uga could get beat 3 times. I am not saying they will get beat but Lsu and Auburn could beat uga and uga then could get beat by bama. I would say with our schedules this year that UGA has a better chance of getting beat than us. Its college football so there is always someone that gets beat by someone who everyone thought did not have a chance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CFP Trophy > Coaches Poll Trophy

Sep 18, 2018, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Jared Fields vs Trevor Lawrence after 3 weeks. ]

HTH

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Speaking of polls. LSU and Ohio St should be ahead of

Sep 18, 2018, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Jared Fields vs Trevor Lawrence after 3 weeks. ]

UGA and Clemson at this point in the season, which is meaningless.

Sep 18, 2018, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Jared Fields vs Trevor Lawrence after 3 weeks. ]

I have the Bulldogs going 9-3, with looses to Auburn, LSU, and Florida, so I could really care less about the coaches poll in week 4.

Sep 18, 2018, 7:54 PM

I have the Bulldogs going 9-3, with looses to Auburn, LSU, and Florida, so I could really care less about the coaches poll in week 4.

I'll agree possible losses to LSU and AU but Florida? The smarter pick would have been GT. The LSU game will be a tough one but is anyone impressed with their offense? And we have Auburn @ home.

jsesus, how did I miss this juan

Sep 18, 2018, 11:48 PM

yes, all three

Sep 18, 2018, 11:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Jared Fields vs Trevor Lawrence after 3 weeks. ]

Yep! UGA beat the coots and now believe they won't get destroyed by their big brother Bama lol.

Sep 18, 2018, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Jared Fields vs Trevor Lawrence after 3 weeks. ]

Hey Dumbarse!

1. You do realize this is more satire than serious right? He knew your stupid #### would come on here crying and calling us stupid

2. He said you would be playing 8-4 Michigan in the Sugar bowl. He said nothing of the mutt's record. So before you question someone's intelligence, maybe learn how to read?

3. Nowhere on this thread did someone mention anything about Trevor being a Heisman contender. Quit putting words in our mouth and stating it as fact.

You sir, need to get some more time on your hands and maybe learn how to read. You seem really pathetic.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good post***

Sep 18, 2018, 1:16 PM

Regarding #3...

Sep 18, 2018, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Jared Fields vs Trevor Lawrence after 3 weeks. ]

He's probably just repeating what he heard on the SEC network. Seems that channel makes a living playing reruns of Clemson games and talking about how great our players are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Regarding #3...

Sep 18, 2018, 1:22 PM

pretty much all they did on Sunday was show clips of Trevor Lawrence throwing TD's to Justin Ross.

You pinned him there Pard....***

Sep 18, 2018, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Jared Fields vs Trevor Lawrence after 3 weeks. ]

I didn't realize dogs were so sensitive

Sep 18, 2018, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Jared Fields vs Trevor Lawrence after 3 weeks. ]

Sit ubu, sit. Good dog.

All those 5*, still 0 championships since 1980.

Every time. I mean every.....single......time.

Sep 18, 2018, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Jared Fields vs Trevor Lawrence after 3 weeks. ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are one

Sep 18, 2018, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Jared Fields vs Trevor Lawrence after 3 weeks. ]

Dumb Dawg with zilch for reading comprehension. Listen you clever pup...he said 8-4 MICHIGAN. No where did he mention UGA's record. Now, get off the lawn!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2018, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Jared Fields vs Trevor Lawrence after 3 weeks. ]

You do know he was saying Michigan would be 8-4 right...not UGA?

Sep 18, 2018, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Jared Fields vs Trevor Lawrence after 3 weeks. ]

^^^^^^^^^ mis-spelled "Outback Bowl" vs Michigan State

That's more like it. Sugar Bowl is SEC vs Big 12, so

Sep 18, 2018, 7:00 PM

likely A&M vs OK there. Then LSU in Citrus. So yeah, Outback vs. 8-4 Michigan sounds spot on.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2018, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Jared Fields vs Trevor Lawrence after 3 weeks. ]

Why wait, there is a reason Fields isn't getting playing time versus the scrubs UGAy has played. Do you think his playing time will go up playing better competition? Baring an injury to Fromm.

Also Trevor's numbers are not mop up numbers like Fields.

Sep 18, 2018, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Jared Fields vs Trevor Lawrence after 3 weeks. ]

Who?

Sep 18, 2018, 12:42 PM

Isn't it Elysian Fields?

^^^^^ Flushed a Chump!! ^^^^^^***

Sep 18, 2018, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Jared Fields vs Trevor Lawrence after 3 weeks. ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

you're right Jason is a far better rusher, i'll give u that***

Sep 18, 2018, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Jared Fields vs Trevor Lawrence after 3 weeks. ]

Yes, jared has more rushing yards because he runs

Sep 18, 2018, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Jared Fields vs Trevor Lawrence after 3 weeks. ]

away from pass rushers, out of fear. Trevor stands in the pocket heroically and delivers the touchdown pass.

Sep 18, 2018, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Jared Fields vs Trevor Lawrence after 3 weeks. ]

Fields has mostly been in during mop up duty. Brice has handled our mop up duty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How does Jared's yards per drive compare with

Sep 18, 2018, 12:48 PM

Trevor's 3.4 yards per drive? TIA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Sep 18, 2018, 12:52 PM

FWIW, it was Mark Twain who said, “There’s lies, there’s dammed lies, & there’s statistics.”

In this case though I think the stats clearly indicate TL is the better QB

^^^I agree with this post***

Sep 18, 2018, 12:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Are you serious Clarke? You feel good about that sample size?

Sep 18, 2018, 12:57 PM

If Fields has as many pass attempts, he be 34/42, 4.8 TD, zero INTs.

TL has been the beneficiary of Mr Higgins and Mr Ross making some fantastic plays too.

I’d hold off on the comparisons thus far. Fields has hardly gotten the opportunities TL has.

^ Found Juan!***

Sep 18, 2018, 1:36 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Are you serious Clarke? You feel good about that sample size?

Sep 18, 2018, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Are you serious Clarke? You feel good about that sample size? ]

That would be because all of Fields passes are basically check-downs or less than 10 yards LOL

Re: Are you serious Clarke? You feel good about that sample size?

Sep 19, 2018, 12:15 AM [ in reply to Are you serious Clarke? You feel good about that sample size? ]

Sorry, buddy, gotta disagree.

You are merely projecting at current rates of production. TL's averages have dropped with more playing time, and JF's certainly will, too. Remember when Sheussler had a 90% completion rate for an entire season? Nobody in their right mind would have started him over DW4. But i get that you're illustrating the inadequacy of the sample size.

However, i do think the world has seen enough of Fields to conclude where he is right now. He will certainly grow and improve. But right now he is KB without the experience. He is very conservative in his decision-making. If the receiver isn't uncovered and facing him, he will tuck the ball and run. Quite well. But he either doesn't trust his own accuracy, his receivers' hands, or the coach's willingness to let him keep playing if he makes a booboo.

I know the kid doesn't want to screw up, but that's what makes him a normal kid, not an exceptional one. An exceptional freshman QB learns when to take low-risk, high-reward chances. And don't think TL doesn't know who he is playing with on every single throw. So the WR makes the QB look good? He has to throw it first. Many QBs won't.

BTW, on the post route to Ross, he was TL's 3rd read.

Respectfully...

Sep 18, 2018, 1:14 PM

comparisons of this nature at this early stage in their respective collegiate careers have no rational basis and are totally pointless and irrelevant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Keep in mind the competition too

Sep 18, 2018, 1:22 PM

UGa has played Austin Peay, Mid Tenn St and Little Brother. Fields should have played early and often yet hasn't delivered.

We should learn more in the upcoming tough games against Mizzou, Tenn and Vandy. Lulz

Is he any relation to Jared the Subway guy?***

Sep 18, 2018, 1:36 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Is he any relation to Jared the Subway guy?***

Sep 18, 2018, 1:45 PM

he could tell you but then he'd have to take you into a dark closet for 10 minutes.

Sep 18, 2018, 1:56 PM

Strawberry Fields.............just saying

Sep 18, 2018, 2:14 PM
jared.jpg(73.4 K)

Sep 18, 2018, 4:02 PM

$10 says he was attending a youth game that night .

DB23

Sep 18, 2018, 7:41 PM

I should not feel so bad it took me 3+ hours to get this

Sep 18, 2018, 11:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Jared Fields vs Trevor Lawrence after 3 weeks. ]

Not even the greatest Jared QB

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/502879119399718912/wlJace3b_400x400.jpeg

Sep 18, 2018, 11:51 PM

Who would you rather try to tackle

I’d choose Hunter Lawrence every time***

Sep 18, 2018, 7:59 PM

Dustin Fields

Sep 18, 2018, 10:21 PM

...is common when harvesting in a dry spell.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2018, 10:58 PM

who is Jared Fields........Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wood just like to compliment op with such a thoughtful poast

Sep 18, 2018, 11:59 PM

you cood tell it comes from the heart. there were many lovely responses. thank you balm

hey superdawg - suck it

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic