Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jake Venables
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Jake Venables

Jan 22, 2021, 8:30 AM

I think next year is his year!!! He knows the playbook and I would not be shocked if he passes Skalski on the depth chart

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jake Venables

Jan 22, 2021, 8:41 AM

LMAO...you serious, Clark?

Jan 22, 2021, 8:49 AM

I don't think so. I think he was doing a TD vs TU exercise.

Jake seems to be a couple steps slower, a whole lot less mentally prepared (based on last year), and doesn't bring the wood anywhere close to Skalski. I believe he gets passed on the depth chart this year. No affront to him, I believe he does the absolute best he can with the athletic ability he was given. He could probably have been a star at a smaller school, but he wanted to play for Dad in the big time. I applaud him for this. But, we have talent that will beat him out on the roster next year, if they can learn the signals to lead the defense like Skalski. That learning will be the best thing, other than the actual play, about having Skalski back for this extra year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2021, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Jake Venables ]

Jan 22, 2021, 8:44 AM

Long as you buying.......I’ll have a Knob Creek.....double!

Jan 22, 2021, 8:50 AM

LOL, this dude has got to be drinking 'shine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll take a Makers Mark 46

Jan 23, 2021, 12:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Jake Venables ]

...and yes, a double please.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2021, 8:54 AM

No doubt Jake has the mental tools. His dad has been prepping him. He lacks the raw talent and physical tools. You can’t teach size speed and athleticism

This is not a knock on Jake. He has earned his position and works his but off. He will be an excellent presence and leader within the LB core

Message was edited by: RunJumpCatch®

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2021, 9:53 AM

Based on size, speed, and physical tools(that you are inferring he doesn't have) he was ranked higher in 247 recruiting rankings than:

Brannon Spector
Baylon Spector
Jordan McFadden
Ruke Orhorhoro
Braden Galloway
Greg Williams
Ray Thornton
Landen Zanders
Davis Allen
Kobe Pace
Sage Ennis
Kelly Bryant
Tanner Muse
Gage Cervenka

Those are all just from the last 5 years and are either guys who played a lot for the Tigers or guys on the team now that people seem much more excited about.

Jake Venable is not a perfect player and I would love for some of the more highly ranked players to develop and maybe pass him on the depth chart, but let's not pretend like he was some bum 2 star recruit who doesn't measure up to a D1 football player.

Jan 22, 2021, 10:01 AM

24/7 recruiting ranks aren’t just based on measurables. They knew Jakes football IQ would be extremely high based on his dad being an All World LB coach and D coordinator. And as I said Jake busted his #### and earned his rankings and his position

I definitely don’t or have ever considered him a bum 2* recruit

Jan 22, 2021, 10:29 AM

You mentioned that you can't teach size, speed, or athleticism.

Jake is listed at 6'2" and 235 lbs. which is plenty of size for his position at Clemson.

Also, I'm not buying the idea that he was ranked above all of those guys because they knew he would be a smart player because of his dad.

Paul Strelow said multiple times on Mickey Plyler's show that Amari Rodgers had a ceiling on his recruiting ranking because he wasn't prototypical size for a big time WR. Amari also has a pretty knowledgeable dad if that were being taken into account.

Recruiting services may take that into account a small amount, but I watched Jake in high school and he was all over the field and looked like one of the best athletes on the field in terms of strength and speed.

Again, Jake isn't an All-American type LB at this point, but he gets a bad wrap because people assume he is some overachieving coach's kid who was put on the team as a favor.

6'2" 235lbs? Doubtful but maybe...

Jan 22, 2021, 4:43 PM

We won't lose any games b/c of JV; we might if we have to stress the back seven frequently, in order to generate a pass rush, out of necessity, when the front 4 alone fail to do so-

Troll grade:F, your excited tone ?way too obvious****

Jan 22, 2021, 9:26 AM

Lemme guess

Jan 22, 2021, 9:33 AM

Bats on is going to be our starting QB too?

Re: Lemme guess

Jan 22, 2021, 10:20 AM

No but will swinney starting in the slot

Re: Lemme guess

Jan 22, 2021, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Lemme guess ]

No but will swinney starting in the slot

Jan 22, 2021, 10:47 AM

Looking at this years stats and PFF grades, the two are more interchangeable than most want to believe.

Jan 22, 2021, 11:23 AM

Maybe should not try to convince this group with facts, perception is more important. I am pretty sure the Coach V. is all about winning at every level and I don't think Jake or anyone would be playing as many snaps as he did if he did not earn the right to do so.

exactly, JV more snaps, higher grade but yet these guys

Jan 22, 2021, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Jake Venables ]

really know how to evaluate. I mean you have posters even commenting on his size and he's 2 inches taller than Skalski and only 5 lbs lighter. He probably will be the same or more that Skalski next year given his frame and he's what 2-3 years behind Skalski I believe?

Jan 22, 2021, 11:34 AM

I think next year is his year!!! He knows the playbook and I would not be shocked if he passes Skalski on the depth chart

Huh?...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2021, 11:52 AM

Thank goodness for tigernet otherwise our coaches would have no idea how to evaluate talent!

Jan 22, 2021, 1:26 PM

We have saved Dabo & Clemson with our wise decisions here. They have begun to hang out here to get tips on new ideas. Dabo is no cheerleader, he know 150,000 heads are better than 80. We developed that 2015 team from scratch, we will do an even better job with this 2021 -2023 classes.

Why Does David Hood have a key to Dabo’s house? He knows we’re his bread is buttered!

We get some stupid ideas here but we have some all-stars like GSCtiger, Tigerbalm1, 76er, CRobb, class of 1994, Francis Marion, my favorite orange, tiger_swimmer, OwensBo1, CUtiger1989, FLTiger, Uncle Bill, Whitehurst74, David Hood, Lovingit, RunJumpCatch, Cump, Niki, CUTiger1989, Ridgeline Booster, 74tiger, gopaws4, EL Tigre 1, Judge Keller, BOB & Buzz-?? Saw etc.

I believe Notre Dame learned about our weaknesses in that 1st game because somebody ^^^^^ here blabbed about every little thing.

If we could get the NCAA to come here so they could see that the dogs, coots & Notre Dame all cheat in recruiting period they’d be ON probation. Sad thing is they aren’t good at cheating or football.

Tigernet could help pro football evaluate too but we might have to charge them for that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Tell 'em u6c coot

Jan 22, 2021, 12:27 PM

soon to be u7c

Re: Tell 'em u6c coot

Jan 22, 2021, 12:38 PM

So I’m a coot because I want Jake Venables to succeed? The kid is a very hard worker. On the college level hard work pays off

Tell 'em u6c coot

Jan 22, 2021, 12:54 PM

Marlboro County ?

Re: Tell 'em u6c coot

Jan 22, 2021, 1:35 PM

Dumb ###

Jan 22, 2021, 12:43 PM

Don’t think he passes Skalski, but I think he will an even better back-up. The real question is can Skalski and Venables hold off Kane Patterson. He’s probably got the highest ceiling of the three, just a matter of how he is grasping the scheme.

Going to be a fun year to watch this front 7 to be sure

Don’t think he passes Skalski, but I think he will an even better back-up. The real question is can Skalski and Venables hold off Kane Patterson. He’s probably got the highest ceiling of the three, just a matter of how he is grasping the scheme.

Jan 22, 2021, 12:49 PM

Venables should be passed on the depth chart by Bentley.

Jan 22, 2021, 2:57 PM

Venables should be passed on the depth chart by Bentley.

Agree 100%. Perhaps Kane Patterson as well. So that would mean our top inside LB recruit (Trotter) will be content to sit at 5th string behind this logjam? If Trotter were the second coming of Anthony Simmons (he's not - Simmons ran 4.31) would he start or would he sit behind the current starters? Simmons was only 195 lbs. as a Freshman but could play any LB spot and had 150 tackles. Please recall he was the UPI defensive freshman of the year, First Team All ACC, and an All American the following two years.

Rn1 S. Seahawks good pro, injuries shortened career-HS:S Vikings****

Jan 22, 2021, 9:47 PM

Jan 22, 2021, 12:55 PM

I actually think opposite happens. I think he gets passed on the depth chart and you’re see more playing time for the younger Lbs. Don’t get me wrong he will still get snaps but if a guy like L. Bentley puts it together between the ears he’ll surpass him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If that happens, our chances of having our starting LBs not get

Jan 22, 2021, 2:46 PM

ejected from the playoffs goes up exponentially.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Lol! I needed this post.***

Jan 22, 2021, 3:01 PM

Man makes a point. A bad one.

Jan 22, 2021, 8:46 PM

For his next troll post, kjt will have little V starting over Turner.

Re: Man makes a point. A bad one.

Jan 22, 2021, 9:34 PM

SocMan2® said:

For his next troll post, kjt will have little V starting over Turner.

We can make it happen. Call me crazy but he will be in the rotation a ton.

Jan 22, 2021, 9:26 PM

He's the best ginger we got!

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic