Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ivy League to cancel football this fall
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Ivy League to cancel football this fall

Jul 8, 2020, 12:04 PM

Next domino might be Patriot league.

Hopefully the Big 5 leagues can create a solid policy to protect the athletes and staff, while still allowing football this fall.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who will protect the players and staff

Jul 8, 2020, 12:12 PM

if they don't play football.

Still gotta a life to live.

Looks to me like it would be easier to protect them in a structured environment.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. Players will still be exposed around town w/ friends

Jul 8, 2020, 12:15 PM

The issue is football will be blamed if anybody gets sick, even though they could have caught it anywhere.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agreed. Players will still be exposed around town w/ friends

Jul 8, 2020, 10:03 PM

I understand what you’re saying, but I’m not sure how people can start pinpointing where they get it from. If so, people would already be going after Walmart, Lowe’s, HD, etc.

I just hope it doesn’t come to that, LOL sorta!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Rutgers is going to be the first big one

Jul 8, 2020, 12:15 PM

They're supposed to be deciding fairly soon on what they're going to do and many believe they'll cancel all their fall sports. Sure they're not a big-time football program but they are a Power 5 football program and once one goes, the dominoes really start falling.

Re: I think Rutgers is going to be the first big one

Jul 8, 2020, 12:30 PM

Are they going to have in person classes? If so why no football? If you can live in a dorm and go to classes there's no reason for no football. If there are no classes I would think there will be bankruptcy.

Jul 9, 2020, 7:27 AM

Maybe they will be wearing masks. Football players sweat and breath all over each other.

Jul 8, 2020, 12:47 PM [ in reply to I think Rutgers is going to be the first big one ]

They still have football?? Who knew

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2020, 12:56 PM

They just hired back Greg Schiano to a massive 8 year contract with a huge buyout

Jul 8, 2020, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Re: I think Rutgers is going to be the first big one ]

In other news, our local news reported that Willy B will be at 20% capacity this season. How is that any different from the last 2-1/2 quarters of any of their games the past five years?

Did not know Schiano had returned.

Jul 8, 2020, 12:52 PM [ in reply to I think Rutgers is going to be the first big one ]

I learned something new today.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2020, 7:17 AM [ in reply to I think Rutgers is going to be the first big one ]

Not gonna be any college sports this year. Not gonna be a vaccine, ever. Our world as we know it has officially changed because of our idiotic approach to this virus. Large companies like United will have massive layoffs and then declare bankruptcy and be required to get bailed out by our government that is already trillions in debt. Then Crazy Joe will get elected and the stock market is gonna crash. And you guys are worried about Ivy League football? Ha!

i dont think there is going to be football***

Jul 8, 2020, 12:16 PM

until we have a vaccine could be years***

Jul 8, 2020, 12:16 PM

Re: Ivy League to cancel football this fall

Jul 8, 2020, 12:22 PM

This is the first domino. More coming.

My guess is college sports won't happen this year. There is a chance some professional leagues proceed.

Jul 8, 2020, 12:36 PM

Yeah ...there is simply no way to have football unless you simply say it doesn’t matter if someone has it or not...as long as they are physically able they can play...it’s the only way...

Otherwise there is no way to keep the players from giving it to each other both on the same team and on other teams ...and there’s no way to keep the legitimacy of competition of players have to quarantine if they have it or have been exposed... it will be a cluster this way

So only one of two choices...say screw it and everyone plays who is physically able no matter what...or cancel the season!!!

My bey is that they cancel the season at some point!!! Not sure the conferences or institutions have the nads to say screw it...lettem play no matter what happens! N

clear faceguards on helmets***

Jul 8, 2020, 12:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

things need to improve drastically

Jul 8, 2020, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Ivy League to cancel football this fall ]

In the next couple of weeks for football to become a reality this year.. I just can’t see the powers that be allowing football to be played in the spring and continuing the next season a few months later. “Ain’t” gonna happen. If we could just play the ND and SC game I could live with that ... just barely!

Jul 8, 2020, 12:43 PM

I thought they were moving the season to spring - not cancelling. Even still....hard to fathom college football in spring. Easier for Ivy League though as they don't have any impact on the P5 leagues.

Is this the first domino to fall? I read where Vandy was doing away with their Sports Communications Dept - from what I read was a pretty big deal. Only going to get more interesting as we move closer to fall.

Ivy has too many field conflicts in the fall

Jul 8, 2020, 12:48 PM

Not enough fields at some schools to play all the spring sports plus football.

Jul 8, 2020, 12:47 PM

I did not know they played football in the Ivy League. It surely will not be missed

Some have forgotten

Jul 8, 2020, 2:45 PM

That a Tiger transfer was a quarterback in the Ivy League a year or so ago.

I bet all 23 of their fans are sad

Jul 8, 2020, 4:18 PM

:)

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They play football?***

Jul 9, 2020, 12:25 AM

Ivy League = Flag Football***

Jul 9, 2020, 12:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2020, 7:30 AM

Not a big deal.....We've got high school teams in Florida that are bigger and faster than the Ivy League could handle.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic