Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wow!! If VT cancels, Miami could be ACC Champs...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 5,787

Wow!! If VT cancels, Miami could be ACC Champs...

Dec 2, 2020, 10:01 AM

Clemson would be 7-1 in conference if VT cancels.

Miami is currently 6-1 in conference. Miami will play on 12/5, 12/12, and 12/19 (the date of the ACCCG).

Here's where it gets tricky... If Miami wins all 3 of it's games, it comes down to the gametime of the 12/19 game. If Miami wins the 12/19 game, that will put them at 9-1 (2 extra wins beats Clemson's head to head victory).

So if Miami's 12/19 game is a noon game, and they finish by 3 pm, they could load on the plane and make it to Charlotte by 8pm to play ND. Clemson would of course be in Charlotte and warming up in case the plane does not arrive in time. The drama would be pretty wild.

But, I still think Clemson would get into the playoff if this nightmare scenario happens. It could actually work out well. We don't have to play ND and we still make the playoff.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You serious Clark??

Dec 2, 2020, 10:16 AM

There is only one way Clemson does not make it to the ACC Championship game; playing and losing to VT this weekend.

All other scenarios with Miami are moot and will make no difference in Clemson playing ND in the ACC Championship game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You serious Clark??

Dec 2, 2020, 10:20 AM

They better win Saturday might! If not, may not even make it to a NY6 game with 2 losses. ND goes to CFP and Miami would probably get a NY6 spot.

I've been worried about that as well

Dec 2, 2020, 10:17 AM

Also, because Swoffie has always wanted Miami in the ACCCG, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he moves up Miami's game time on 12/19 to a 9am start to give them more time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I've been worried about that as well

Dec 2, 2020, 10:21 AM

Miami has been in an ACCCG against Clemson.

Yes, I'm aware. I attended that game. Thank you.***

Dec 2, 2020, 10:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I've been worried about that as well

Dec 2, 2020, 10:49 AM [ in reply to I've been worried about that as well ]

Possible first ever triple threat ACCCG held in charlotte and the start of the Rock's XFL season. Swofford is onboard and that's how Trevor Lawrence gets drafted by XFL to avoid the Jets.

Re: Wow!! If VT cancels, Miami could be ACC Champs...

Dec 2, 2020, 10:19 AM

You know I recall reading a statement saying that the 12/19 Miami GT makeup game will be played only if it "doesn't effect" the outcome of the standings.

This has been awhile though

Here is the statement from the ACC website. Note B.

The Dec. 19 contest between Georgia Tech and Miami will not be played if a) Miami qualifies for the ACC Championship Game, which is scheduled for the same date or b) the result of the GT-UM game could directly impact the determination of which two teams qualify for the ACC Championship Game.

Dec 2, 2020, 10:21 AM

Sorry,

I got that statement from the GT website.

https://ramblinwreck.com/football-vs-miami-rescheduled-20/

ACC would then book us a game 10/12***

Dec 2, 2020, 10:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2020, 10:25 AM

This would be horrible.

I can only imagine the anger of 70k Clemson fans filing out of the stadium just before kickoff upon learning that they had to give their seats up to Hurricane fans or face a hefty fine from the commissioners office

Dec 2, 2020, 11:30 AM

North Carolina is only letting the stadium be at 7% capacity. Unfortunately most of us will be getting a ticket refund over the next few weeks for purchasing the ACC Championship game tickets.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2020, 12:39 PM

You are correct. There won’t be many clemson fans in attendance at all. , those 5000 tickets will more likely be given to each school to distribute to parents , students , faculty and band members. Notre Dane didn’t allow their boosters to attend games. It bell be same in Charlotte. I hate it cause I purchased 8 tickets and would have loved to attend the rematch but. I’ve prepared myself that I’ll be watching it on the at 4 pm , for those who don’t know the game which is usually a night game is now 4 pm. The sec is playing their game at 8 pm.

I don't think thats true

Dec 2, 2020, 10:27 AM

2 Reasons:

1) From Acc tiebreakers : "Furthermore, in the event there is an unequal total number of conference games played among teams tied in the loss column, head-to-head results will take precedence over win-percentage." This says nothing about only a 1 game difference between teams. All the tiebreaker says is that if a team qualifies (and numerically we have absolutely already qualified) then win % is not used when comparing 2 teams with unequal number of games, but rather number of losses. ( See: https://theacc.com/sports/2020/9/23/FB_0923200510.aspx
)

2) Miami's game on 12/19 will not have any bearing on rankings prior to the ACCCG. "*This game will be played if Miami is not in the ACC Football Championship Game and if the result of the Georgia Tech at Miami game would not directly impact the determination of which two teams do play in the league championship game."
(see : https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2020-11-30/2020-acc-football-schedule-games-dates-matchups
)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think thats true

Dec 2, 2020, 10:39 AM

I agree with your take. My interpretation is that as long as we are within 1 game of the average number of games played for the conference, we’d be OK. Even if Miami has 2 more wins, it shouldn’t impact us at this point.

Re: I don't think thats true

Dec 2, 2020, 1:16 PM [ in reply to I don't think thats true ]

FLASH...........Whay happens, when N.D. & Clemson are paired off in the ACC cham game N>D>
calls and say((((we are not coming to play due to COVI/19? they win the ACC cham...how about that Clemson fans

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

You are correct!

Dec 2, 2020, 5:07 PM [ in reply to I don't think thats true ]

??????

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is not true, we have talked about it over and over.

Dec 2, 2020, 10:35 AM

We have to lose 1 more game for Miami to make it. If we don’t play any more, we still make it.

Re: That is not true, we have talked about it over and over.

Dec 2, 2020, 1:33 PM

The 12/19 game is not a given. That game is subject to cancellation if Miami had worked their way into the championship game.

currently ACC championship game is at 4pm

Dec 2, 2020, 11:21 AM

if somehow Miami can play the 12/19 regular season game in Charlotte say starting at 11am and win it, they could possibly be ready at 4pm for ND

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Dec 2, 2020, 11:34 AM

I honestly hope in my heart of hearts that "opting" out of this game is nowhere on the radar for
VT. Yes, I think Clemson will smoke the Hokies by 25+, but that isn't the point. VT played severely undermanned earlier in the season, and the two week layoff has made them reasonably healthy again.

I would be even more disenfranchised with VT than I already am this year if they pulled a bush league move like that to avoid a beatdown. VT will be there Saturday night waiting on Clemson. Of that, I am sure based on what I know now.

I don't put anything past those snakes in Blacksburg***

Dec 2, 2020, 2:08 PM

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS....

Dec 2, 2020, 3:34 PM

See you Saturday evening. Tell the team, unlike at FSU, they will need their helmets this week.

Dec 2, 2020, 4:29 PM

You didn’t make it to page 73 of the ACCCG qualifying book. This scenario would result in the seldom-used triangular football field and all rules that apply there.

Just stop it, will ya?

Dec 2, 2020, 4:33 PM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Dec 2, 2020, 6:04 PM

One they literally said they’re judging all off 9 games two if we’re not even talking about that fact then FSU would need to suit up and no Miami doesn’t have 1 more game than us

Replies: 25
| visibility 5,787
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic