Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I've Been Thinking
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

I've Been Thinking

Feb 23, 2020, 12:02 PM

With all of the problems associated with the sensitivity issues and other issues we face on a daily bases, I am firmly convinced most of our problems could be solved with a generous helping of common sense and common courtesy, closing our mouths more often and opening our minds.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've Been Thinking

Feb 23, 2020, 12:11 PM

Your comment offends me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2020, 12:13 PM

knowledge comes with having a lot of Birthdays, and I learned that a few B-days back!!! And I think that you will also agree Joe, that our society is much to sensitive, and much to soft these days!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2020, 1:18 PM

You don’t have to have a ton of birthdays.
Just open a book of wisdom.

https://www.openbible.info/topics/talking_too_much

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Feb 23, 2020, 12:15 PM

Joe you're one of the few here who's thinking doesnt worry me

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2020, 12:21 PM

Joe21...What day and month were you born? Just trying to figure out when you turn 100 next year.

Feb 23, 2020, 7:41 PM

Unfortunately, my BD is Nov. 25, so, when the clock starts Jan. 1, 2021, I'll still have almost a full year's wait. At the rate I'm going, It will take me that long to finish my first book. I'm working othe Korean War section now. Just today, I have been checking facts with a company mate during the Korean War. It's not a subject one discusses while having dinner. Both of us were discussing finding dead bodies. We were not together when we made the finds. At least, we now know where both events happened.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2020, 8:33 AM

Two days before my Bday on Nov. 27th Joe. Go Sagittarius!!!

Feb 24, 2020, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: I've Been Thinking ]

As a senior friend told me one day.............I'm not young enough to know everything.....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Common sense

Feb 23, 2020, 1:29 PM

ain't.

Re: Common sense***

Feb 23, 2020, 2:12 PM

I agree Joe21. We all need to pause before we react to what others say and something more civil usually comes out of our mouths. Sometimes I wonder what happened to common sense these days.

Message was edited by: The Doorman®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Common sense***

Feb 23, 2020, 4:39 PM

Common sense has taken a back seat to jumping to conclusions and acting out before the least amount of thought has had a chance to use common sense!!!

Feb 23, 2020, 1:41 PM

If people would follow a lot of the teachings in Proverbs, the world would be a better place. You don't even have to believe in God, but just try to do what the 31 chapters recommend. You can thank me later. :)

Feb 23, 2020, 2:32 PM

Be careful bad mouthing Trump in here.

Be careful inserting political bias into a non-political...

Feb 23, 2020, 7:06 PM

...post by a 98 year old WWII vet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Be careful inserting political bias into a non-political...

Feb 23, 2020, 10:40 PM

Mic dropped.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Underrated (and perfect ! ) post right here ! Bravo

Feb 24, 2020, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Be careful inserting political bias into a non-political... ]

nm

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2020, 2:39 PM

I was a little concerned by the subject line "I've been thinking" until I saw it was you, Mr. Joe!

I dunno Joe - sometimes I think it

Feb 23, 2020, 4:46 PM

was some of those open minds that got us where we are

Feb 23, 2020, 7:13 PM

I'll go you one better. Why can't we listen to someone of another perspective without losing our minds about it.

Feb 23, 2020, 9:21 PM

I agree Mr. Joe. If we all followed your lead there would be a lot more harmonious outcomes.

Feb 24, 2020, 8:53 AM

common courtesy has gone out the window. Watch people park at a grocery or convenient store. Played golf behind young, so-called adults yesterday. Six of them, two of us. Had to wait every hole, repair spike marks on greens, pick up trash. Didn't get to finish out due to time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2020, 7:58 PM

It’s real. What gets me is no one is teaching their kids respect anymore. No yes sir, yes ma’am. It’s all, what, oh yea.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2020, 8:59 PM

BloodbeOrange, you have absolutely made the truest statement of the YEAR!!! I wish I had a dozen TU's to give you, yes sir I do!!!

Feb 24, 2020, 9:21 PM

My old man would lose it we didn’t have a thank you or a please ready. Lol, times have changed sir!

This is one of those unintended consequences of farming

Feb 24, 2020, 9:27 PM [ in reply to Re: I've Been Thinking ]

out our old folks to villas and state retirement care. There's not enough old souls around kids these days while the parents are toiling away from home, teaching them a thing or two. Instead it's day care. It comes round.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is one of those unintended consequences of farming

Feb 25, 2020, 8:34 AM

I don’t disagree. I’m just stuck on old fashion. I make my kids order at restaurants with a please and thank you while my brother in laws kids won’t even make eye contact with a waitress let alone say please. Eerks the heck outta me.

There goes twitter, facebook, instagram and P&R bored.***

Feb 24, 2020, 11:20 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for your wisdom and your service, my friend !***

Feb 24, 2020, 12:56 PM

Feb 24, 2020, 2:50 PM

Joe, you are absolutely right. Common courtesy and sense are both lacking in today's world. Just notice how often it makes news when someone does a random act of kindness or even someone just does the right thing. That should be the norm and not the exception. I'm not near as experienced as Mr Joe but I have learned that it takes no more to be courteous, kind and pleasant as it does to be snobbish, boorish and down right mean. I can treat anyone with respect until they give me cause to do otherwise.

God gave us two ears and just one mouth for a reason.***

Feb 24, 2020, 3:19 PM

Re: God gave us two ears and just one mouth for a reason.***

Feb 24, 2020, 8:18 PM

Well said

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

You can spend all the hours in a gym you want,

Feb 24, 2020, 8:29 PM

But you've accomplished little until you're strong enough to hold your tongue.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: God gave us two ears and just one mouth for a reason.***

Feb 24, 2020, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Re: God gave us two ears and just one mouth for a reason.*** ]

Yes sir, and I was taught at a very young age, if you can't shut up and listen, then you will be dumb through your whole life bc, if you can hear what smarter people have to say, you won't learn from what they have already been taught!!!

Thank you, Joe.

Feb 24, 2020, 9:29 PM

You're a good bunch of men.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic