Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In case you missed my post about going to a game in the Big
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

In case you missed my post about going to a game in the Big

Feb 1, 2016, 9:59 PM

House between Michigan and Illinois. No disrespect to Michigan, but it was not even close. If I had to go to games there all the time, I would not pay 1400 plus for two season tickets. No sir, I would just watch it on TV. First, they simply do not yell. I'm sorry, but they don't. I stood up with my Clemson hat on to yell for a Michigan tail back to ," Go, Gooooooahhhhh!!!!", and I swear on Howard's shattered rock, they gave me the oddest look you have ever seen. One of the Michigan players got hit late out of bounds and maybe, maybe a hundred Wolverines booed. And I promise you, as the Yankees say," Hand to God", when a male, Alumni baton twirler, at half time, tossed his baton 25 feet in the air, did a back flip into a split, and caught it, well sir, he received BY FAR the largest ovation of the day. I KID YOU NOT!!!!!

No sir, no comparison. If you want to feel the love, you come to Death Valley. If you want to feel the hair stand up on the back of your neck, come to Memorial Stadium. If you want to be mobbed by 25,000 Orange Clad fanatics....come to Frank Howard Field.

You think I'm pulling your leg.....the proofs in the pics.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That sounds crazy. Maybe it's the water***

Feb 1, 2016, 10:02 PM

It's too bad that he didn't get to go.......

Feb 1, 2016, 10:03 PM

to a game. That is a game changer for sure. Btw, I was visiting in Columbus a few years ago and had the opportunity to go to the OSU/ Michigan game. It felt the same way you described there at OSU.

I would compare it to a packed house spring game. Except, I

Feb 1, 2016, 10:16 PM

do remember one spring game when the called holding a beautiful touchdown pass and the refs got booed mercilessly. I think that was louder than anything I heard at Michigan, and we only had about 30,000 there at Death Valley.

Re: It's too bad that he didn't get to go.......

Feb 1, 2016, 10:26 PM [ in reply to It's too bad that he didn't get to go....... ]

I echo those thoughts completely!!!!
I went to the 1999 Mich-OSU "big rivalry" game at the Little -errr- Big House and was so underwhelmed. At the time, it set a record for about 110K in attendance.
First, the seats are so outdated that they cram on benches the 100-plus K people in an area that would normally seat about 75K in a modern stadium.
Second, like the previous posts, the crowd noise for this "rivalry" was so lame. They generated about as much noise as 50K in DV against Wofford.
Ridiculously overrated!!!!!

Re: In case you missed my post about going to a game in the Big

Feb 1, 2016, 10:19 PM

25,000 orange-clad fans

(were you talking about the spring game?)

No, I am talking about 25,000 fans on the field....as in the

Feb 1, 2016, 10:29 PM

pic I posted....

Re: In case you missed my post about going to a game in the Big

Feb 1, 2016, 11:28 PM

I, too, have been to "the Big House". The game was Michigan vs. Miami when it was # 1 vs. #2, and the atmosphere could not hold a birthday cake candle to the atmosphere of Death valley in a regular ACC rivalry game. It was fun to say I'd been there, but it was no Clemson, and it never will be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did you get any pics of the male baton twirler doing the

Feb 2, 2016, 1:41 AM

splits?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Admittedly, I was not watching. However, when this huge roar

Feb 2, 2016, 7:41 AM

errupted, I asked Mr. Wolverine next to me what happened. He said," Watch the Jumbotron", which I did, expecting to see anything but a replay of a 35 year old male baton twirler......"

I thought after that game that there is no reason, no reason at all to lose a recruit to Michigan. Yes, they've got history......but so does a Jeep. I'd rather have a Humvee!

Awesome post man***

Feb 2, 2016, 2:00 AM

I have no problem with anyone disrespecting Michigan.

Feb 2, 2016, 7:43 AM

They are on my all time chit list.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic