Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's really very sad what college football is about to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

It's really very sad what college football is about to

Sep 10, 2020, 2:01 PM

become. I read this story T-net put up about the Wake helmets and I think to myself, Clemson, please, PLEASE don't do it. Don't be a party to this. Just stay a football team and a football team only!

I don't want to lose you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's really very sad what college football is about to

Sep 10, 2020, 2:08 PM

I get your reaction but these days you cant win. You either play along or you get labeled something ugly. Especially true if you are a successful southern school that expresses values these "organizations" dont like. A Syracuse or BC can get away being much less involved that a certain school close to our hearts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2020, 2:19 PM

I hope many others will come around to this view as well.

If our goal as a football program is to win and stay competitive at an elite level, we must be in the public eye.

We have known for years what Dabo and our program do behind the scenes for all athletes of every race in terms of setting them up for life after college and making them into great men. In this day and age however, it must be public knowledge that our program supports its players in this major off-the-field arena.

I won't like it being taken to the Clemson uniforms, but I understand at this time that you either show the world where you stand or you are assumed to be evil.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2020, 2:40 PM

Sep 10, 2020, 2:43 PM

Politics during a game, heaven forbid!

Sep 10, 2020, 2:46 PM

Sep 10, 2020, 3:23 PM

Obama sucked as a president and at baseball, I see.

Where's Trump's first pitch?

Sep 10, 2020, 7:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Granted, he wasn't prez at the time, but this was a rope.

Sep 11, 2020, 9:52 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=645cNMYN2mU&ab_channel=WashingtonPost

His age and Obamas age in these two videos has to be somewhat comparable.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: Granted, he wasn't prez at the time, but this was a rope.

Sep 13, 2020, 9:27 AM

Obama wasn't a baseball player. Trump was a varsity baseball player in high school. Trump was a good athlete. His problem is his honesty and mind. He is a good athlete. Obama, not so much

The President at a sporting event is political ? Who knew ?***

Sep 10, 2020, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: It's really very sad what college football is about to ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Not the same at all. It not like that was before he was

Sep 10, 2020, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Re: It's really very sad what college football is about to ]

Elected... he didn’t make a speech or a political demonstration.

Just showing that he’s out at the game with the general public. Not a statement imo.

Sep 11, 2020, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Re: It's really very sad what college football is about to ]

If you see it as caving to the thought police you are misreading my viewpoint.

I see it as choosing a side that aligns with our current players and future recruits and having their back.

My point was that our program has had our players' backs behind the scenes for years.

Now we are making it known for the entire country to see.

The way it's demonstrated is different right now, but the message is no different than it has been since Dabo took over. The Clemson program wants what's best for its players on and off the field.

Sep 10, 2020, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Re: It's really very sad what college football is about to ]

At some point you have to do the right thing consequences be ####.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I am more bothered by

Sep 10, 2020, 2:27 PM

all the bitching, pissing and moaning of people like you.

If you are feeling froggy, I say good riddance to bad rubbish.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I am more bothered by

Sep 10, 2020, 2:35 PM

Same to ya bud

He's not the one threatening to leave. I routinely notice

Sep 10, 2020, 4:00 PM

that you make a habit of missing the point. Are you like 95 years old?

Re: He's not the one threatening to leave. I routinely notice

Sep 10, 2020, 4:46 PM

Are you like somewhere between 12 and 25 years old?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I haven't addressed you in months, and you still can't

Sep 10, 2020, 5:08 PM

quit me. Yes, I'm 9 by the way.

cs02 BE LIKE

Sep 11, 2020, 9:53 AM

CS02

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: He's not the one threatening to leave. I routinely notice

Sep 10, 2020, 5:15 PM [ in reply to He's not the one threatening to leave. I routinely notice ]

You miss my point liberal

Sep 10, 2020, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I am more bothered by ]

Ouch !

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2020, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I am more bothered by ]

Don't you have some old people to smack around or a highway to block somewhere? Why are you wasting your time responding on here? Seems like you aren't maximizing your Marxist quota of hate filled behavior.

Drink a beer. Spot the ball. Drink another beer. Be happy.***

Sep 10, 2020, 2:30 PM

What makes you sad?

Sep 10, 2020, 2:40 PM

Players will be using their platform to promote racial equity. Why does that make you sad?

Think about the difference between the slogan BLM and the organization BLM. BLM the slogan is literally showing up in every sport around the world right now.

Why does this bother you?

Re: What makes you sad?

Sep 10, 2020, 3:04 PM

Because it's the B who need to start believing that their LM. The rest of us don't need to be told.

Once you believe your life matters, you don't waste it by doing drugs, committing repeated felonies and resisting arrest or committing suicide by cop.

So the slogan BLM is already self-obvious, kinda like She Believes. But I never figured that one out either.

Holy ####### racist ####.***

Sep 10, 2020, 3:25 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does calling him a racist make you feel better?

Sep 10, 2020, 3:52 PM

Or does your response give him the response he wanted to justify his opinion?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

That’s a broad sweeping generalization

Sep 10, 2020, 3:56 PM

I wouldn’t like it if someone said I must be white trash and cook meth in my trailer. Not a fair statement nor a healthy mindset

Caring what a stranger calls you shouldn't matter at all

Sep 10, 2020, 4:00 PM

Not excusing anyones comment, because their time will come where they will have to answer, but honestly, why are people so soft as to really care what people on the internet say? Its a weak mindset.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

I guess you didn’t get my point. It’s not good to make

Sep 10, 2020, 4:20 PM

Generalizations based on race. Especially something as negative as he said.

I really don’t give a #### what you or anyone else thinks about me. I wouldn’t like it if someone made the generalization about me that i mentioned in the previous post because it’s wrong. Dead wrong.

Re: I guess you didn’t get my point. It’s not good to make

Sep 10, 2020, 4:41 PM

Generalizations based on race. Especially something as negative as he said.

I really don’t give a #### what you or anyone else thinks about me. I wouldn’t like it if someone made the generalization about me that i mentioned in the previous post because it’s wrong. Dead wrong.

The problem I have with the BLM movement is that it's largely based on a narrative that police are hunting and enjoy arresting black people. That's simply not true. The other problem I have with the social justice narrative is that black people are not all the same; they range from good people to bad people, just like every other race. The culture and values of an individual person is what I judge. I truly don't care about a person's race.

I don't know what it's like to be black, but I'm 100% certain that: 1) there are racist people of every race, and there probably always will be as long as there are significant cultural/value differences between races; 2) acting like all black people are oppressed is absurd; 3) the concept of white privilege is absurd (the formula for income mobility and success in the US is available to all who are educated about the opportunity [and also have their basic needs met]); 4) cyclical poverty is a huge problem for our country; 5) inner-city violence is a huge problem for all races and our country.

I'm completely open to discussing how to make sure that all children are properly educated and see the opportunities available to them in our AMAZING country.

Right - the underlying narrative is false.

Sep 9, 2012, 5:44 PM

To declare that "Black Lives Matter" implies that black lives don't matter to some people, and not just some people, but to a significant number of people such that a major societal movement is required. I think that is false. I know a lot of people, including a #### ton of white people, and I don't know a single one who doesn't care about black lives. I think it's an all too convenient boogie man for an extremely complex problem that would be very painful and next to impossible to fix.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

The only thing more embarrassing than this post...

Sep 11, 2020, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: What makes you sad? ]

Is the people who liked it. Really looking hard at you, Smiling.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: What makes you sad?

Sep 10, 2020, 3:04 PM [ in reply to What makes you sad? ]

Because it's the B who need to start believing that their LM. The rest of us don't need to be told.

Once you believe your life matters, you don't waste it by doing drugs, committing repeated felonies and resisting arrest or committing suicide by cop.

So the slogan BLM is already self-obvious, kinda like She Believes. But I never figured that one out either.

Aaaaaaaand this type of response gets us to

Sep 10, 2020, 3:41 PM

where we are.

Pathetic and embarassing.

He posted it twice to make sure we fully understand he's

Sep 10, 2020, 4:03 PM

extra racist.

Its an off putting response to some...but

Sep 10, 2020, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Aaaaaaaand this type of response gets us to ]

it leads to the bigger question of what the end goal is? is the current path actually productive in ending the 'mass (slightly fabricated by the left) racism' in this country?

Darius Rencher is heartbroken guys like Floyd and Blake were shot but what does he have to say about their actions leading up to it? What's his plan to fight the life choices of young black men that lead them to that situation? Where's the root of the problem.

...and I'll add, is it actually a real problem

Sep 10, 2020, 4:21 PM

with black men being shot unfairly by the police? Because the statistics say otherwise...cant rely on factual evidence to proof that point. These instances are more about resisting arrest and what can happen.

- If Blake doesn't commit crimes, he;s not having the cops called on him. If he doesn't fight the police for a crime he actually committed, they wouldn't tase him. If he didn't walk away, they wouldn't chase him, if he didn't say he had a weapon in his care and go for it, they wouldn't have shot it....see the pattern. Its uncomfortable to vocalize that bc its not acceptable to present facts but maybe its not a white cop/black male issue? Maybe its about criminals and resisting arrest and the outcomes that can occur.

We can address how the judicial system unfairly judges black men and society's views as a whole but this movement is misguided. Let's get to the root of the problem and try to make a change.

And there is no better group to do this than NFL, NBA, College Football and Basketball players. These are the guys who are the most prominent stars and can make the biggest difference. But it needs to be done on the streets and no by marching on precincts, city hall, slandering others, kneeling for the anthem, putting emblems everywhere you look....thats NOT unifying nor is it productive to solve any real issues.

SOME? Lol, you can't be serious.

Sep 10, 2020, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Its an off putting response to some...but ]

I'm pretty sure the end goal is to improve racial equality. The only reason that can be unproductive is when those that are made uncomfortable by that concept turn the discussion into a political one and blame others rather than showing a wee little bit of empathy.

If its not political then..

Sep 11, 2020, 11:29 AM

why is BLM directly associated with the democratic party? Why are we hearing Trump is the problem? Voting him out somehow changes everything?

The whole deal needs to be refocused....its not about police dealings with the black community..it should be about improving race relations and a true investment in how to do that. The media (and many have followed along) have made hijacked into something far beyond that is fabricated to pushing an agenda...driven by our President and this years election.

The whole situation is sad. Black lives DO matter

Sep 10, 2020, 3:50 PM [ in reply to What makes you sad? ]

But the BLM protest have gotten out of control. They took over the city of Portland for gods sake.

Whatever happened to sit ins and peaceful protests of the 60’s? There were MAJOR racial inequality back then. We have come a long way. I’m not saying there still isn’t work to be done. The BLM groups are going about this the wrong way and a lot of people would rather not have our team associated with them.

I’m a big white dude. If I would have done what Blake did I would have been shot too. I’m sure I could scare the police enough to shoot me, i would never take that risk though. They said the guy took the ladies keys to her car. Got tackled by police and got away. Got tased by police and still kept resisting. He went to his car to get something out of it..

The data doesn’t back up this racial inequality with police. The police are shooting plenty of whites and other races and nobody cares because? If you don’t comply with police bad things will happen. Comply and take your day in court. Live to fight another day.

I’ve been harmonizing with black people my whole life here in SC. My dad was a football coach. We would have sleepovers at my house. The guys I grew up with are like family to me. The situation is SAD at best.

I’m sure I’ll be called a racist and downvoted for this. Typical response for not falling in line and thinking for myself.

Sep 10, 2020, 3:17 PM

The Clemson team will absolutely do something, I expect them to and with the leadership that's been shown by Rencher and Lawrence throughout this whole ordeal, I'd be surprised if no statement was made by the #1 team in America that's 75% African American. Also, you don't have to watch it. If your feelings are hurt by this movement you better get use to, it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Cry me a freaking river... Get over it!***

Sep 10, 2020, 3:28 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What if the football team decided....

Sep 10, 2020, 3:40 PM

.... to have the words "Black Pre-born Lives Matter" on their helmets?

As it doesn't fit your agenda....it's bad. Gotcha'.***

Sep 10, 2020, 3:44 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Well now I really, really, really hope they do.

Sep 10, 2020, 3:54 PM

Maybe toss up a rainbow sticker to really run you off.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who knew that a group of 30-70 year old men could be so

Sep 10, 2020, 4:02 PM

#### dramatic.

Feel like I'm listening to the ranting of sorority girls in here

I miss the days when our fans embarrassed themselves by just

Sep 10, 2020, 4:04 PM

being stupid.

Now they can be identified as stupid AND racist.

You really think the majority of our fans are racist ?

Sep 10, 2020, 4:24 PM

I’d say you’re dead wrong. Don’t lump us in with a vocal minority just because we’re white.

Where did I say "most" of the fans were racist?

Sep 10, 2020, 4:31 PM

I think a large majority are ignorant, however.

Re: Where did I say "most" of the fans were racist?

Sep 10, 2020, 5:27 PM

There you go again using the I word. What's next

Using the "me" word?

Sep 10, 2020, 6:59 PM

Has anyone ever told you that your posts usually don't make any sense? You seem like you are lost.

Re: I miss the days when our fans embarrassed themselves by just

Sep 10, 2020, 5:24 PM [ in reply to I miss the days when our fans embarrassed themselves by just ]

You like the r word don't you. Maybe takes one to know one

Sep 10, 2020, 5:29 PM

CAREFUL - Crump is on the prowl and burying any posts that implicate him in upholding a double standard.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You'll power through it.

Sep 11, 2020, 10:00 AM

This too shall pass, and it hurts no one.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

This too will pass.***

Sep 13, 2020, 9:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic